What colour are these trainers?

Ray Gin

21 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Those colours to the right of the shoe look nothing like it. I am still seeing pink and white. 

How about now?  

grab.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ray Gin

• Morgan

• Dawnrazor

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How about now?  

grab.jpg

It looks like the colours on the right gradually go from mint green to white and from grey to pink

20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How about now?  

grab.jpg

I admit that I don't see white in this photo now, but I know it's white anyway, if that makes sense. :)The brain can see that there is a blue colour shift in the photo with respect to reality due to the shift in the pink (note the colour shift in the hand in the background), and also reverse applies this to the mint green to make it "white". If the mint green were really mint green then it would be much mint greenier (a lovely expression I will no doubt copyright) in the resulting photo due to the blue shift.

Ask yourselves this: Why do grass and leaves appear to be green under yellow sodium light (from city lampposts), which has such a narrow bandwidth, green light couldn't possibly be reflecting off them and onto your retina?

The brain does a hell of a lot more in interpreting the reality around us than we realise.

Edited by Justin Z
Spelling dumbf***ery

20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Is the trainer changing colour?

trainer.gif

I think a lot of people might say the effect is as if it's being cast under alternating lights--which goes to the exact point I made above.

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I see a shite pair of trainers :)

How can you? You're only seeing the photo of one trainer. The other in the pair might be magnificent!

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Is the trainer changing colour?

trainer.gif

Ffs.

I was seeing grey/turquoise until this.

Now all I see is pink although different shades.

The images above with the wee squares I see pink trainers and grey squares.

FFS

Our alien overlords will be saving a section of the human race depending on your answer to the above question.

I'm not sure whether I welcome our alien overlords yet, depending on which answer they deem to be true. Perhaps the true answer is "I don't care. I feel the trainer. Its colour is of no importance."?

5 minutes ago, El Diez said:

It was to begin with for me. Now it’s two shades of pink

?

Really, really strange.

It’s clearly swapping between a grey trainer and a faded pink trainer to me.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Completely changing.

A 35% transparency turqoise filter layer is being switched on and off, making the laces turn turquoise and the pink turn grey. The original photo also has such a filter applied to it. Bizarre that this filter is seemingly almost invisible for some people.

An experiment - what colour is the dress?

dress.jpg

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

How about now?  

grab.jpg

If you are seeing grey and cyan here, try staring at the black area to the right for 5 seconds then look at the trainer again... Any change? 

Edited by Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

If you are seeing grey and cyan here, try staring at the black area to the right for 5 seconds then look at the trainer again... Any change? 

Nope.

12 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

A 35% transparency turqoise filter layer is being switched on and off, making the laces turn turquoise and the pink turn grey. The original photo also has such a filter applied to it. Bizarre that this filter is seemingly almost invisible for some people.

dress.jpg

I see the bodice as being a sort of white pearl colour (various muted pale colours) and the rest of the dress a very grey pearl colour.

A silver frill hangs below.

9 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Momentarily, the body of the trainer goes ever so slightly pinkish, then reverts back to grey.

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

It looks like the colours on the right gradually go from mint green to white and from grey to pink

I agree again! 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

I get enough folk asking: "What colour is this pool ball? And the table?" when I say I'm red/green colour blind. Thats without these things to add to my seethe.

FFS

Do you stop at traffic lights?

:) 

57 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

dress.jpg

White and gray. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

dress.jpg

I see it like the trainer, a mixture of grey with the pleats a pale pink. 

11 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Yep. 

34 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I see absolutely no pink in that at all!

My wife however, is in complete agreement with you :sad: 

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, Morgan said:

I see absolutely no pink in that at all!

My wife however, is in complete agreement with you :sad: 

I came in today and a letter was waiting to tell me I was overdue an eye test. I might need to bite the bullet and book the test. ?

Optical illusions, the colour at Point A in the image is exactly the same as the colour at Point B. Cover the joining area of the image and the colours appear to blend. Or use an editing programme to sample the colours. Your brain makes adjustments for the light levels it perceives. 

identical-colors-big.jpg

Edited by ando1504

7 minutes ago, ando1504 said:

Optical illusions, the colour at Point A in the image is exactly the same as the colour at Point B. Cover the joining area of the image and the colours appear to blend.

identical-colors-big.jpg

Like that!

5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I was a grey and minty green guy through and through until this image. Here is see both pink and white with the left image more vivd.

I then scrolled back up to the OP and now that is pink and white too :sob:. Now I feel like my mind is a sham and it lies to me. How do I know what any colour is now? What if my maroon is actually everybody else's green? :sob:

I assumed when people were seeing pink it was in space of the minty green. Now I see its the entire shoe. That's not possible :sob:

Image result for suicide gif window

I feel your pain. When I read this thread 2 hours ago it was grey. Now it's pink. 

13 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Here's a optical illusion to disturb you all greatly. 

FB_IMG_1541992476522.jpg

I just see a gingery shity green colour. 

4 hours ago, Morgan said:

Really, really strange.

It’s clearly swapping between a grey trainer and a faded pink trainer to me.

And me

41 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Here's a optical illusion to disturb you all greatly. 

FB_IMG_1541992476522.jpg

Dear Christ! 

It’s just soooooo lifelike...

28 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I just see a gingery shity green colour. 

10/10 Dawn.

That’s all there is to see.

7 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

dress.jpg

I see Pale Grey and a Very Washed out Pale Cerise.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'm very confused ?

Original photo - pink and white trainer

Squares - grey and turquoise

Second photo - more vivid pink and white

Side by side - pink and white on the left and light grey with a touch of pink and turquoise on the right.

Dress - white body and very pale pink for the rest, do see the silver trim though.

Photo with all the squares on it is just messing with my brain. Makes sense but confuses the hell out of me because the colour at the top of the shoe (pink) looks nothing like the grey squares.

Cool though.