Weak willed bottle merchants! ( merged )

Bull's-eye

3 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

I actually thought we had midfielders on Wednesday night who appeared unable or reticent to drive us forward to win the game. We never made the Hibs keeper make a meaningful save whilst they were down to 10 men 

Badly missed Naismith and Uche on Wednesday. Badly missed Souttar and Berra today.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bull's-eye

• Enzo Chiefo

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

What utter nonsense.

We as fans are perfectly entitled to comment on our performances in each game, the vast majority of which have been hugely positive.

Today though I witnessed one of the worst first half performances I’ve ever seen, and that is not an exaggeration. It was utterly atrocious.

If we are going to set up to park the bus, then at least make sure the players close down the opposition, put tackles in, block shots and crosses, and generally defend like their lives depend on it. Instead we played the most bizarre narrow back 4 that gave Tierney and Sinclair the freedom of Parkhead. Absolutely not a single positive thing to say about our first half performance or bizarre tactics. 

Still top top of the league, and do t play Celtic for a while, so still a chance to mount a proper challenge. But there’s no escaping the fact that what we witnessed today was diabolical.

You chucked the towel in or not ?

1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

I’ve made my thoughts pretty clear in my post.

Aye, utter nonsense.

EastSideJambo
9 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

What utter nonsense.

We as fans are perfectly entitled to comment on our performances in each game, the vast majority of which have been hugely positive.

Today though I witnessed one of the worst first half performances I’ve ever seen, and that is not an exaggeration. It was utterly atrocious.

If we are going to set up to park the bus, then at least make sure the players close down the opposition, put tackles in, block shots and crosses, and generally defend like their lives depend on it. Instead we played the most bizarre narrow back 4 that gave Tierney and Sinclair the freedom of Parkhead. Absolutely not a single positive thing to say about our first half performance or bizarre tactics. 

Still top top of the league, and do t play Celtic for a while, so still a chance to mount a proper challenge. But there’s no escaping the fact that what we witnessed today was diabolical.

This guy here is one of the best posters on this forum 

Honest and articulate in his assessment continually and not afraid to call it how it is 

13 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

You don't think it's just between Celtic and us then? 

Who else do you think can win it ?

Us? Are you serious? When was the last team to win the league with our record in Glasgow? If we"re involved in a title race then so are Killie, Aberdeen, Hibs and even St Johnstone. Celtic will win it and Rangers 2nd. We'll be fighting for top 3 or 4 with the teams mentioned.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Us? Are you serious? When was the last team to win the league with our record in Glasgow? If we"re involved in a title race then so are Killie, Aberdeen, Hibs and even St Johnstone. Celtic will win it and Rangers 2nd. We'll be fighting for top 3 or 4 with the teams mentioned.

Weak willed bottle merchant. 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In 1998 we lost the league by 7 points with 0 wins against the Old Firm. This season we have 1 win so far and will beat Rangers at least once at Tynecastle. The league will be won and lost on how we measure up against the other 9 teams.

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

Weak willed bottle merchant. 

Not at all. While politicians like to spout garbage like "hope" beats "fear", in football it's about real life, ability,  pace, determination and skill. We prioritised quantity ahead of quality during the summer. We have had a great start but , in reality, the 3 teams we have beaten by more than a single goal are the 3 worst teams in the league. Anyone that genuinely thought we would challenge for the league this season are, imo, beyond deluded.

Good evening all. A poor result today. I'll admit I was critical of Craig last season but with the start to this one I have had to rethink. When not playing against either of the uglies we have been  positive and a sharp contrast to last season. However, with regards to today's display at Parkhead I was disappointed to see the way in which the team was set out. I appreciate that we have  a host of injuries that would weaken most teams but surely the manager has learned by now that Garuccio is the best man for the left back position and that Mitchell is an attacker not a defender. It angers me that teams such as Kilmarnock and the vermin can go to Glasgow and get results with inferior players yet we go there and get rolled over. The season does look brighter but we need to start laying a glove on these 2 away from home if we are to progress. Anyway on a positive note we are still top and the vermin got beaten at home. HHGH

Edited by Class of 75

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

In 1998 we lost the league by 7 points with 0 wins against the Old Firm. This season we have 1 win so far and will beat Rangers at least once at Tynecastle. The league will be won and lost on how we measure up against the other 9 teams.

We beat Rangers at Tynecastle in 1998 , 2 weeks before the glorious, Jim Jefferies inspired , tactical masterclass against them to lift the Scottish Cup

The premiership is won over 38 games.  It is a marathon not a sprint.

Bad results happen.  Move on.

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not at all. While politicians like to spout garbage like "hope" beats "fear", in football it's about real life, ability,  pace, determination and skill. We prioritised quantity ahead of quality during the summer. We have had a great start but , in reality, the 3 teams we have beaten by more than a single goal are the 3 worst teams in the league. Anyone that genuinely thought we would challenge for the league this season are, imo, beyond deluded.

So wins don't count if you don't score one more goal than the opposition. Ok.

We signed quality and more quality in the summer. 

Plenty people more knowledgeable than me say football is all about confidence, no place for the weak willed bottle merchants.

Edited by Oliver Twist

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

After a tough run of fixtures with a depleted squad, happy to be a point clear. 

Definitely. It’s been a tough time of it recently. Dust ourselves off and we go again.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

So wins don't count if you don't score one more goal than the opposition. Ok.

We signed quality and more quality in the summer. 

Plenty people more knowledgeable than me say football is all about confidence, no place for the weak willed bottle merchants.

The point I'm making is that fine margins decide games. The games where we have won convincingly have been against teams that have shipoed goals every week. Within a fortnight we could be 1st or 4th. I predicted at the start of the season we would end up e top 4 and I will stick by that. We have been very consistent and had a great start but every team has had injuries and, having shipped 5 points in 4 days, others are catching us. I don't think anybody really expects us to be within a country mile of Celtic or ahead of Rangers come May do they?

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The point I'm making is that fine margins decide games. The games where we have won convincingly have been against teams that have shipoed goals every week. Within a fortnight we could be 1st or 4th. I predicted at the start of the season we would end up e top 4 and I will stick by that. We have been very consistent and had a great start but every team has had injuries and, having shipped 5 points in 4 days, others are catching us. I don't think anybody really expects us to be within a country mile of Celtic or ahead of Rangers come May do they?

Celtic no but Rangers remain pretty unconvincing so far imo. 

50 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

What utter nonsense.

have to agree. such a passive first half. Celtic were never out of first yet were 3 up

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

At this stage of the season and a point ahead at the top then I don't think it's unrealistic to believe we can win it.

Imo, if you don't your a weak willed bottle merchant.

Hence the thread.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Celtic no but Rangers remain pretty unconvincing so far imo. 

Yes, you could be right Dave. They've ground out results away from home over the last couple of weeks but who knows.

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

At this stage of the season and a point ahead at the top then I don't think it's unrealistic to believe we can win it.

Imo, if you don't your a weak willed bottle merchant.

Hence the thread.

You do seem to have a problem grasping reality OT. If thinking that Celtic will be streets - and i mean streets - ahead of us come May, makes you a "weak willed bottle merchant" then I will happily wear that badge and discuss this again with you in 6 months.  

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You do seem to have a problem grasping reality OT. If thinking that Celtic will be streets - and i mean streets - ahead of us come May, makes you a "weak willed bottle merchant" then I will happily wear that badge and discuss this again with you in 6 months.  

I live in the real world and deal in fact not fiction. The league table says we are top. That's as good as it gets. 

I suggest you enjoy it and pray it continues instead of being desperate to come gloating in May.

10 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

I live in the real world and deal in fact not fiction. The league table says we are top. That's as good as it gets. 

I suggest you enjoy it and pray it continues instead of being desperate to come gloating in May.

Looks good just now but, just like the guys with the stripey vests in the London Marathon, we will, unfortunately,  be back in the pack within a few weeks and challenging for 2nd, 3rd and 4th with Killie, Hibs,  St J, Rangers and Aberdeen.  Imo of course 

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

What utter nonsense.

Levein pretty much hinted at the tactics pre game by highlighting Parkhead being a wider pitch.

Like you say, and I heard McIntyre say the same about his Dundee team, you've got to make contact, you've got to tackle , get close enough to tackle at least! 

If you are going to play narrow and invite the ball centrally from wide positions, the team needs to be well drilled and alert to meet the ball and quickly close down space. And for 90 mins.

I've never been in favour of it and never will.  As much as its tentative its not good for the mentality and nature of the team.

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Looks good just now but, just like the guys with the stripey vests in the London Marathon, we will, unfortunately,  be back in the pack within a few weeks and challenging for 2nd, 3rd and 4th with Killie, Hibs,  St J, Rangers and Aberdeen.  Imo of course 

My only suggestion then would be to take in a few games, we have pretty much dominated everyone at home and played some fantastic football, I'm on record as saying the 1st half performance against Aberdeen is possibly the best I've seen for a decade.

1st or 2nd is the reality this season.

30 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They all have to play each other ( and Celtic ) as well. Next Saturday is a crucial game to gain some breathing space for a while. 

2 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

I actually thought we had midfielders on Wednesday night who appeared unable or reticent to drive us forward to win the game. We never made the Hibs keeper make a meaningful save whilst they were down to 10 men 

Think we had the ball in their net when they had 10 men. We also hit the post. 

7 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Anyone still thinking we're going to mount a serious title challenge should take a few tablets and lie down in a darkened room.

Nah, I’m happy to live in hope thanks. **** being a miserable joy-vacuum. :)

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

**** being a miserable joy-vacuum. :)

It's not as bad as you think. :(

PeterintheRain
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We beat Rangers at Tynecastle in 1998 , 2 weeks before the glorious, Jim Jefferies inspired , tactical masterclass against them to lift the Scottish Cup

We lost 3:1 5:2 3:0 and drew 2:2 against deadgers in 1997-8.  Although we did beat them 3:2 in a preaseason testimonial.

We drew 2:2 with abersheep 2 weeks before the cup final. Part of a run  which saw us drop 17 points from our last 9 games.  

5 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Not the players.

The supporters on here, chucking the towel in already, sharpening the knives, baying for a scapegoat. Did you clowns really think we could go on and win the league without opposition ?

Dismantled by our only rivals for the league away from home, 1 nil, 2 nil, 10 nil, who cares. 

Some on here need to grow a pair of bollocks and man up.

:spoton:

9 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

We lost 3:1 5:2 3:0 and drew 2:2 against deadgers in 1997-8.  Although we did beat them 3:2 in a preaseason testimonial.

We drew 2:2 with abersheep 2 weeks before the cup final. Part of a run  which saw us drop 17 points from our last 9 games.  

My mistake Peter. Was getting confused with the game where Robbo beat Jimmy Wardhaugh's scoring record.  Before the 96 Cup Final I think?

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

4th would be OK and a marked improvement. 

However, I don't see why we can't be above hibs, Aberdeen and Killie. That puts us at least third. 

Still think rangers are within reach as well. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Anyone still thinking we're going to mount a serious title challenge should take a few tablets and lie down in a darkened room.

We've mounted more of a challenge than the other eleven. 

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Nah, I’m happy to live in hope thanks. **** being a miserable joy-vacuum. :)

I'm simultaneously a miserable joy-vacuum and quite content.

I don't get all the "we're gonna win the league" guff, because I just don't see that we have the quality and the depth of squad to maintain a consistent challenge right to the last game of the season.

On the other hand, my expectations aren't irrationally high, so even after a shite week at the office I'm feeling happy enough. 

Our squad has taken a heavy battering, and it's going to be *ahem* a bit tricky for the next while.  But I think we'll get things stabilised and get a top three or top four finish.  That would be OK by me, especially if we got a decent Cup run as well.

5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I'm simultaneously a miserable joy-vacuum and quite content.

I don't get all the "we're gonna win the league" guff, because I just don't see that we have the quality and the depth of squad to maintain a consistent challenge right to the last game of the season.

On the other hand, my expectations aren't irrationally high, so even after a shite week at the office I'm feeling happy enough. 

Our squad has taken a heavy battering, and it's going to be *ahem* a bit tricky for the next while.  But I think we'll get things stabilised and get a top three or top four finish.  That would be OK by me, especially if we got a decent Cup run as well.

The world doesn’t match to the beat of one drum. Not yet anyway, and I’m happy about that. Same applies to our little microcosmic world. I accept that folk have differing views and outlooks on life, as well as sport. 

I’m a positive person and I’m optimistic. Not into being shot down for dreaming big, but simultaneously not heading to North Bridge with rocks in my scants when we lose a game or two.

What I don’t like is when folk try and attack or mock positivity. Fair enough being  miserable sods, whatever floats boats. Just don’t try and make everyone else as miserable. Some of us don’t need a safety net of cynicism and misery to handle potential disappointment. :lol:

Will we win the league? Too early to say, so many variables to take in to account, and our resources aren’t as great as Celtic’s.

Can we win the league? Yes. Yes we can. I’m frequently accused of not accepting different opinions to my own. Get told off for it constantly. It’s okay to be dismissive and mocking of those who are positive though, it seems.

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not as bad as you think. :(

Nah, not for me matey. Sounds dreadful! :D

Forever Hearts
14 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

We have a brilliant system that will destroy the majority of the league, this has already been proved, we pissed Hibs off the park on Wednesday in a rough and tumble derby. 

We're going along nicely thank you very much.

Our last three games have been 3-0, 0-0 and 5-0. How, in the name of the Lord, is that going along nicely? Genuine question. 

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

My mistake Peter. Was getting confused with the game where Robbo beat Jimmy Wardhaugh's scoring record.  Before the 96 Cup Final I think?

That was the season before the cup final win, and the last game of the season too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996–97_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._season#Scottish_Premier_Division

11 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

My only suggestion then would be to take in a few games, we have pretty much dominated everyone at home and played some fantastic football, I'm on record as saying the 1st half performance against Aberdeen is possibly the best I've seen for a decade.

1st or 2nd is the reality this season.

Does this mean you would be asking questions of Levein if we finished 3rd or 4th?

50 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Does this mean you would be asking questions of Levein if we finished 3rd or 4th?

I wouldn't be asking questions if we continued building the club, continued putting in the effort and got relegated. 

Torn pussed moaning clueless arsehole I'm not. 

14 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

You don't think it's just between Celtic and us then? 

Who else do you think can win it ?

Celtic will piss the league again.  Us and Sevco for second, where I expect us to finish. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Thats exactly why us or Celtic for the league is crazy shit.  When it doesn’t happen there will be a blame game.  

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Thats exactly why us or Celtic for the league is crazy shit.  When it doesn’t happen there will be a blame game.  

That’s more a reflection of your/others’ inability to handle expectation or disappointment, than anything else.

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

That’s more a reflection of your/others’ inability to handle expectation or disappointment, than anything else.

I would say it’s the topsy turvey way of the deluded.  And it’s not my expectation, I’m realistic enough to enjoy a great start but know we will be at least 15 points behind Celtic and be able to manage and deal with that.  If you fancy a charity bet on that feel free to do so, I’m due a decent tax rebate next April/May. 

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I would say it’s the topsy turvey way of the deluded.  And it’s not my expectation, I’m realistic enough to enjoy a great start but know we will be at least 15 points behind Celtic and be able to manage and deal with that.  If you fancy a charity bet on that feel free to do so, I’m due a decent tax rebate next April/May. 

No. That would be fine if you weren’t trying to manage others’ expectations for them. Maybe some people don’t need their expectations dampened, because they are emotionally mature enough to handle disappointment. Yourself and a few other posters get genuinely animated at posts from anyone who suggests we can do it. Leave them to it, they are obviously grown up enough to handle the knocks if it doesn’t.

No thanks to the bet. Mine is already placed. ?