Whitey Bulger

Bridge of Djoum

44 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I hope it was a horrible slow painful death.

Doesnt sound particularly slow but I think they covered the 2nd point.

”Murdered wheelchair-bound mob boss Whitey Bulger, 89, was 'wheeled away from security cameras by three inmates with mafia ties before they beat him to death with a lock in a sock and tried to gouge his eyes out'”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6334189/Boston-gangster-Whitey-Bulger-killed-bars.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

Doesnt sound particularly slow but I think they covered the 2nd point.

”Murdered wheelchair-bound mob boss Whitey Bulger, 89, was 'wheeled away from security cameras by three inmates with mafia ties before they beat him to death with a lock in a sock and tried to gouge his eyes out'”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6334189/Boston-gangster-Whitey-Bulger-killed-bars.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

That'll do for me. I hope he had flashbacks to all his victims. Especially the women. Karma is a bitch.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Eyes gouged out apparently...!

He allegedly pulled his ex girlfriends teeth out with pliers prior to murdering her.

I hope he knew his eyes were laying on his cheeks. An absolute animal.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Celtic will have a minute's silence for him tonight I believe.

Willie Collum laying a wreath apparently. 

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Willie Collum laying a wreath apparently. 

Minute's applause on the 89th minute, all very Celtic.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Minute's applause on the 89th minute, all very Celtic.

Having just read his Wiki page, i'm not sure that's far from the truth.

Bulger was an animal, deserved all he got, but I do have to say the man or men who killed him are no pillars of society beating to a pulp an eighty nine year old man with a padlock in a sock.  I would imagine at nearly ninety it wasn't the worst happening of his probably soon to end life anyway

All as bad as each other. I doubt his murderer has led a squeaky clean life.

The FBI have plenty previous for letting gangsters continue their criminal ways while benefitting from information in return.

Recently I read the book, Deal with the Devil, the story of Lin DeVecchio , an FBI agent who looked after Top Echelon Informants. One rule they had to strictly abide by was to never continue to use gangsters for information they knew who'd committed murder.

He was looking after Greg Scarpa Snr, a notorious and murderous Capo in the New York Colombo Family.

DeVecchio turned a blind eye to at least 12 murders while he continued to take information from Scarpa as he became infatuated with being a hero in bringing down the mafia. 

The Future's Maroon

Watched the film Black Mass about his life recently, good film, Johnny Depp plays a good part.

Back in "85 I interviewed for a bartending gig right next to Triple O's which was Bulger's headquarters. The guy said " thanks but no thanks son I don't think you could deal with a Southie Friday night crowd" I was pissed off, me, a guy that had numerous crossings of The Bridge of Doom to his credit. In hindsight he did me a huge favor, I sure as hell would have mouthed off to the wrong person.