More double standards from Alex Salmond

Therapist

Say What Again
No wonder he is a fat mess. :mad:

:rofl:

Brilliant! I don't think I've heard anyone called a 'fat mess' since I was in primary 4.

I always note the Unionist bias in the 'Scotsman.'

That tends to mean that the information regarding the SNP emphasises their faults and ignores Unionist parties failures.

Is it wise to use them as a source?

Possibly, in these terrorist days, police advice insisted on such a move.

Does the paper enquire?

The Mighty Thor

Ah the veritable 'Do as i say and not as i do' of governments whatever their hue.

I reckon he's making a rodger hunt of bigger things than this.

You must be in a scratchy mood if this is worthy of both Therapist barrells? :P

I reckon he's making a rodger hunt of bigger things than this.

You're not wrong. :sad:

I felt it was worth raising because it's yet another example of how he extracts the urine from the electorate.

When will the nationalist voters wake up and realise they are being made complete fools of by this rotund oaf? :mad:

Their inability to see beyond the airy-fairy romantic notions of Scottish independence mean Coco Salmond is being inflicted on decent people such as myself. :mad:

I felt it was worth raising because it's yet another example of how he extracts the urine from the electorate.

When will the nationalist voters wake up and realise they are being made complete fools of by this rotund oaf? :mad:

Their inability to see beyond the airy-fairy romantic notions of Scottish independence mean Coco Salmond is being inflicted on decent people such as myself. :mad:

So are you trying to say that people that vote SNP are not decent people??

Only a cynic would think this was double standards.

He's creating jobs for drivers to re-invest their overtime pay back into the Scottish economy.

Well done Alex.

poor story.

There's noting Great about Britian anymore.

Even if you don't like SNP you must see that we need to leave the UK before it drags us to the ground!

If you dont like SNP who do you like? Labour - wendy alexander??? Scottish Torrys who have the ENGLISH oak as their Scottish emblem - :confused:! as for Lib Dems - well they are like the fat kid that always got picked last when choosing teams at school!

The Mighty Thor

To be fair mate in the pantheon of politicians ripping the pish, he's an amateur.

Central government is doing a fine job of taking the heat off Salmond and most people probably aren't too fussed whether Salmond uses a car or a spaceship to travel 500 yards. The worries about mortgages, energy prices and of course the 35% increase in petrol/diesel prices are more front of mind for your average punter.

If anything (rightly or wrongly) Central government policy and the media hysteria are probably strengthening support for the SNP.

You can almost smell the fear in the Unionists as they see what they perceive as their 'Great' Britain edging futher and further away! Sorry, but I can't take a word that comic masquerading as our national newspaper says seriously any more...

So are you trying to say that people that vote SNP are not decent people??

I'd say the majority are decent. However they are also misguided and lack the intellect needed to properly examine and anlyse a party's policies.

The SNP's focus is on independence which appeals to the electorate's baser instincts. Put bluntly one doesn't need intelligence to get caught up in the euphoria and romance of some Brigadoon, top-of-a-shortbread-tin utopia that's peddled by the nationalists. Consequently decent people like me have had a diddy government foisted on us by people of below average intellectual capacity who cannot analyse proposals in a logical way, so vote SNP because they think Braveheart is the greatest film ever and the English are evil personified.

Personally, I'd only give the vote to those who have passed a test to prove they have a level of common sense and analytical capabilities that will allow them to behave sensibly and responsibly in the ballot box.

Auld Reekin'
poor story.

There's noting Great about Britian anymore.

Even if you don't like SNP you must see that we need to leave the UK before it drags us to the ground!

If you dont like SNP who do you like? Labour - wendy alexander??? Scottish Torrys who have the ENGLISH oak as their Scottish emblem - :confused:! as for Lib Dems - well they are like the fat kid that always got picked last when choosing teams at school!

I suspect he's even further to the right than New Labour, so what does that leave? Doesn't bear thinking about... :eek:

If that's the best you can do in criticising the SNP and Alex Salmond, Mr-T (or should that be "Mr-R"? :rolleyes:), you've got far too much time on your hands and far too few worthwhile thoughts in your head.

Still... any opportunity, eh???

I'd say the majority are decent. However they are also misguided and lack the intellect needed to properly examine and anlyse a party's policies.

The SNP's focus is on independence which appeals to the electorate's baser instincts. Put bluntly one doesn't need intelligence to get caught up in the euphoria and romance of some Brigadoon, top-of-a-shortbread-tin utopia that's peddled by the nationalists. Consequently decent people like me have had a diddy government foisted on us by people of below average intellectual capacity who cannot analyse proposals in a logical way, so vote SNP because they think Braveheart is the greatest film ever and the English are evil personified.

Personally, I'd only give the vote to those who have passed a test to prove they have a level of common sense and analytical capabilities that will allow them to behave sensibly and responsibly in the ballot box.

It is not necessarily the case that Scotland would vote for SNP policies if there is independence for Scotland.

Currently there is no choice in Scottish politics - all the parties offer the same brand of ban and squander. But that could change in a new political environment after independence.

I take it with the statements in bold, you are just looking for some kind of reaction? I sometimes like what you say but I disagree with a lot of it, mostly because you do it get a rise out of people who usually fall for this tactic. But if you truly believe in anything in bold, im wondering who the below average intellect really is.

Wonder if Mr Salmond is having a tram line built from his hoose to said restaurants, therefore he won't need to take his car in future? :rolleyes:

The Mighty Thor

:4_1_72:

Brilliant. I reckon you'll have hooked in your usual sparring partner on all matter constitutional with that one.

The problem in Scotland (and the UK) is the lack of engagement of the voters, of all persuasions, with the political process or politics in general. Having to vote once every few years is the limit of most peoples involvement.

The base instinct of most voters is who puts most in my pocket or who does most for me. Most people then overlay the 'policies' as reported in the sun and daily record over their own views and vote accordingly.

If you applied the logic of having a level of common sense and analytical ability to politics then not only would you have few voters you would have half empty chambers at Holyrood and Westminster.

Your comments re the election of an SNP (minority) government are equally valid as a reason for Thatcher and her successor's electoral victories. And subsequently Blair and New Labour's. Not literally, obviously, but the point about the baseness of the electorate.

The UK can survive and to do so it needs to alter itself constitutionally. Adopt the same form of devolved parliaments throughout the country, perhaps along the lines of the Lander in Germany, with Westminster being responsible for things like defence, foreign policy, general overseeing of the economy etc. Kind of federalism I suppose.

This would make the Union stronger imho and allow regional differences to be expressed without feeling that Westminster was continually interfering. People could then take more responsibility for their locale.

That's the theory anyway.

The People's Chimp
Urges Scots to get out of their cars, but uses his official car for trips of a few hundred yards. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/thescottishparliament/Use-of-official--car.4159008.jp

I hope you are equally critical of david cameron's lift to work?

In any event, it's no wonder salmond has piled on the pounds. I think I have yet to see him turn up at any photoshoot that doesn't involve food, particularly those involving haggis, curry or baked goods. He's also got a knack of turning up at events for the fishing industry where it is de riguer to have a fresh plate of haddock and chips to dive into once the photographers have left.

The Old Tolbooth

Does it really matter which party are voted in?

They all shove a big fat boaby up yer hoop and shaft you in their own evil little ways anyway! :confused:

Your comments re the election of an SNP (minority) government are equally valid as a reason for Thatcher and her successor's electoral victories. And subsequently Blair and New Labour's. Not literally, obviously, but the point about the baseness of the electorate.

The UK can survive and to do so it needs to alter itself constitutionally. Adopt the same form of devolved parliaments throughout the country, perhaps along the lines of the Lander in Germany, with Westminster being responsible for things like defence, foreign policy, general overseeing of the economy etc. Kind of federalism I suppose.

This would make the Union stronger imho and allow regional differences to be expressed without feeling that Westminster was continually interfering. People could then take more responsibility for their locale.

That's the theory anyway.

In reality all we get is ever more expensive layers of Government.:mad:

Pants Shaton

Salmond will be happy to sit back and watch as the economy crumbles and a Conservative goverment is elected at the next UK election.

He will then be able to appeal to Scotland's infantile parochialism by stoking a sense of injustice that we are ruled by the South-East of England. If he has managed not to make a mess of things in Scotland, he'll hope that his cheap gesture politics are enough to secure a second term of SNP rule. At that point he may feel that a number of factors have converged to make a 'yes vote' for Independence achievable.

That's not to say that an independent Scotland is not a feasible proposition; smaller, and arguably less resource rich, countries exist with a comparable standard of living. I just can't understand why anyone would be willing to take that chance on the basis of some ill-defined (Tartan and Braveheart) concept of nationhood.

The People's Chimp

They all shove a big fat boaby up yer hoop and shaft you in their own evil little ways anyway! :confused:

That sounds like the Hibs.net christmas party.

Billy Connolly hit the nail on the head:

"The mere ambition of wanting to become a politician, should prohibit you from ever becoming one"

As should the ambition to be a laird by proxy, buying a castle in the Highlands, and cementing your place as a royalist acolyte.

The base instinct of most voters is who puts most in my pocket or who does most for me. Most people then overlay the 'policies' as reported in the sun and daily record over their own views and vote accordingly.

Both of whom were strongly anti-SNP at the last election, as I remember...

The Mighty Thor

Mate i couldn't tell you. I don't read either of them. They're the two most popular papers in Scotland though (i think) which is why i used them to illustrate my point.

I'm not even going to enter this debate.

Therapist has done enough damage to himself already. Slaying him further would just be cruel.

I'm not even going to enter this debate.

Therapist has done enough damage to himself already. Slaying him further would just be cruel.

:sad:

Slaying him further would just be cruel.

Phew! Thanks Toggie. I got off lightly there. :rolleyes:

:sad:

I know I know. The JKB public would love another Unionist being verbally humped, however these Loyalists DO have feelings and we all have to bear in mind their (in)sanity.

Jam Tarts 1874

Well, as only 17% of eligible voters voted SNP at the last election, you wouldn't expect Scotland's biggest selling papers to be pro-SNP would you?

Voting SNP is like turkeys voting for Christmas. How do you suppose Scotland is going to pay for all the benefit scroungers in Strathclyde for instance?

Jam Tarts 1874
Urges Scots to get out of their cars, but uses his official car for trips of a few hundred yards. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/thescottishparliament/Use-of-official--car.4159008.jp

Total hypocrite, if he doesn't want people using cars, why did he stupidly abolish tolls (and deprive Scotland of revenue) on our bridges? :wacko:

Jam Tarts 1874
Salmond will be happy to sit back and watch as the economy crumbles and a Conservative goverment is elected at the next UK election.

He will then be able to appeal to Scotland's infantile parochialism by stoking a sense of injustice that we are ruled by the South-East of England. If he has managed not to make a mess of things in Scotland, he'll hope that his cheap gesture politics are enough to secure a second term of SNP rule. At that point he may feel that a number of factors have converged to make a 'yes vote' for Independence achievable.

That's not to say that an independent Scotland is not a feasible proposition; smaller, and arguably less resource rich, countries exist with a comparable standard of living. I just can't understand why anyone would be willing to take that chance on the basis of some ill-defined (Tartan and Braveheart) concept of nationhood.

Salmond will once again run for the hills as soon as he sees his popularity slipping again.

That Mel Gibson has alot to answer for.

Well, as only 17% of eligible voters voted SNP at the last election, you wouldn't expect Scotland's biggest selling papers to be pro-SNP would you?

Voting SNP is like turkeys voting for Christmas. How do you suppose Scotland is going to pay for all the benefit scroungers in Strathclyde for instance?

How's it paid for just now??:wacko:

How's it paid for just now??:wacko:

From central government, not the Scottish purse which gets a very very favourable slice of the pie due to the Barnett formula.

I thought you claimed to know about politics?

Guest S.U.S.S.

Which all you can eat buffet was he gorging on?

As pointed out by some tho, its not a great crime for him to do this but rather than the tartan terrorists defending this silly little thing, confirm its wrong, its a bit of an own goal. By doing so, others would have nowhere to take this, the whole aye but your lot are doing x or y is a pathetic route to go down.

You cant defend the indefensible.

Patrick Bateman

Yes, yes, Say No To Hobos. We get it, you think Salmond is a nazi. Fantastic. Well done.

Anything to say about Alexander and her likely suspension from the Parliament due to financial irregularities? I'd say thats a *slightly* bigger issue than whether the First Minister takes a car, which is *almost* certainly due to security reasons. Its normal practice. But then I guess people who are either looking to troll or don't know what they're talking about will ignore this.

Yes, yes, Say No To Hobos. We get it, you think Salmond is a nazi. Fantastic. Well done.

Anything to say about Alexander and her likely suspension from the Parliament due to financial irregularities? I'd say thats a *slightly* bigger issue than whether the First Minister takes a car, which is *almost* certainly due to security reasons. Its normal practice. But then I guess people who are either looking to troll or don't know what they're talking about will ignore this.

What do the 'financial irregularities' (i.e. failing to declare party donations) amount to, 4 sums of ?1,000 i believe?

Get real.

Patrick Bateman
What do the 'financial irregularities' (i.e. failing to declare party donations) amount to, 4 sums of ?1,000 i believe?

Get real.

Try telling that to the Standards committee.

She's up for a suspension, which is pretty amateur for a party leader no matter how you look at it.

It's pretty tedious when certain trollers on this website continually make cheap jibes about the SNP and Nazism. Its about as funny/witty as the "I heard in Greggs" crap. Can't you think up different ways to attack the SNP, like on policy or individual transgression? I suppose for people with such a wafer thin knowledge of politics (amongst other things), that's a step too far.

Try telling that to the Standards committee.

She's up for a suspension, which is pretty amateur for a party leader no matter how you look at it.

It's pretty tedious when certain trollers on this website continually make cheap jibes about the SNP and Nazism. Its about as funny/witty as the "I heard in Greggs" crap. Can't you think up different ways to attack the SNP, like on policy or individual transgression? I suppose for people with such a wafer thin knowledge of politics (amongst other things), that's a step too far.

It's ironic that you have a go at me for constantly making the same jibes at SNP, while you're making the usual digs at Labour. It's also good to note that everyone who voices any opionion on the Union is a Hun. Pots and kettles, pal.

I could attack the SNP in other ways, but TBH JKB's not my life, and i see no benefit in debating the Scottish Executive on a football forum.

As for the 'wafer thin' jibe, you're probably right in the sense that i have never claimed to have a vast amount of knowledge with regards to politics. I am, however, able to form an opinion on which party i feel meets the needs of Scotland.

I aspire to be as great an individual as yourself one day, you're grrrreat!

Patrick Bateman
It's ironic that you have a go at me for constantly making the same jibes at SNP, while you're making the usual digs at Labour. It's also good to note that everyone who voices any opionion on the Union is a Hun. Pots and kettles, pal.

I could attack the SNP in other ways, but TBH JKB's not my life, and i see no benefit in debating the Scottish Executive on a football forum.

As for the 'wafer thin' jibe, you're probably right in the sense that i have never claimed to have a vast amount of knowledge with regards to politics. I am, however, able to form an opinion on which party i feel meets the needs of Scotland.

I aspire to be as great an individual as yourself one day, you're grrrreat!

1. I make "digs" at labour because their leader is facing suspension, the party can't even be described as a joke; they are a failure to democracy by failing to provide even mediocre opposition.

2. I've not called anyone a "hun" on this site. I'll make disingenuous remarks when fairly ill-informed people create stupid and inane posts which deserve nothing but contempt.

3. Although I find your sly dig at my posts about Scottish politics and how you apparently have "more going on in life" I'd note that you have 6 times the number of posts in general than myself.

4. You certainly don't seem to have a particularly well informed opinion (hence the continual SNP/Nazis nonsense) whereas there are other unionists who will present credible and logical arguments. I'd suggest you follow on their coat-tails, lest you embarrass yourself in future.

Hope this helped.

:)

davemclaren

Ruling yourself out of standing for parliament then? :cool_shades:

1. I make "digs" at labour because their leader is facing suspension, the party can't even be described as a joke; they are a failure to democracy by failing to provide even mediocre opposition.

2. I've not called anyone a "hun" on this site. I'll make disingenuous remarks when fairly ill-informed people create stupid and inane posts which deserve nothing but contempt.

3. Although I find your sly dig at my posts about Scottish politics and how you apparently have "more going on in life" I'd note that you have 6 times the number of posts in general than myself.

4. You certainly don't seem to have a particularly well informed opinion (hence the continual SNP/Nazis nonsense) whereas there are other unionists who will present credible and logical arguments. I'd suggest you follow on their coat-tails, lest you embarrass yourself in future.

Hope this helped.

:)

11444661477-thumb.jpg

We can't all be so intellectual, dude.

Archived