Wembley Pitch

wanderer

Wembley did spurs a favour game was meant to be yesterday, city wouldn't reverse the fixture. Spurs being behind in their own build caused this. Seems to be playing ok

11 minutes ago, kila said:

What makes you think that?

Not sure if a sarcastic question. I'm not watching the game so I've not seen the pitch.

But eagles v jaguars was on in London this weekend so I assume it was at Wembley?

Could be wrong I've not checked.

Jambof3tornado
31 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

To be fair did it not just host an NFL game at the weekend?

If not it's the best graffiti I've ever seen.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

If not it's the best graffiti I've ever seen.

Cheers, take it still has the lines and all that then. Would explain the above comment. Not got much of an interest in English football so hadn't seen it

17 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Not sure if a sarcastic question. I'm not watching the game so I've not seen the pitch.

But eagles v jaguars was on in London this weekend so I assume it was at Wembley?

Could be wrong I've not checked.

Dqs4RtuUcAESwxz.jpg

That pitch gets abusing did you see it after the Anthony Joshua fight..not sure the powers that be give a toss about the pitch as long as it makes money

16 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

tenor.gif

Mind when the groundsman at Leicester was told he couldn't cut  a pattern into the grass  ?

Surely this is illegal advertising on Sky ? 

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Mind when the groundsman at Leicester was told he couldn't cut  a pattern into the grass  ?

Standard in the nfl to have that in the centre of the pitch, just as it is to have a massive rbs sign in the same place at a 6 nations game etc which would obviously mean fair game to have it yesterday 

Would assume however that with this case its a matter of the paint on the grass rather than something thats been specifically cut in 

16 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I remember when we were told we couldn't cut our crest on the grass

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Cheers, take it still has the lines and all that then. Would explain the above comment. Not got much of an interest in English football so hadn't seen it

Sorry thought you'd seen it. Looks like they had to roll it hard so the bounce was terrible. Possibly costs spurs a point as lamelas shot took a bobble.

1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

Standard in the nfl to have that in the centre of the pitch, just as it is to have a massive rbs sign in the same place at a 6 nations game etc which would obviously mean fair game to have it yesterday 

Would assume however that with this case its a matter of the paint on the grass rather than something thats been specifically cut in 

do they actually put it on the pitch for the 6 nations?rather than just project it on?

16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

do they actually put it on the pitch for the 6 nations?rather than just project it on?

Aye man, its painted on. Not uncommon to see players have blue paint on their kits after the game if they've been tackled on it. Bit of an old photo but that should give you some idea

FB_IMG_1540854262338.jpg

Edited by Thommo414

2 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

I know that , but this wasn't an NFL game.  I didn't say the NFL badge was "cut" - I was trying to make the point that the FA had come down on Leicester simply for the way the grass was cut and yet here is a pitch - at Wembley - that is totally out of kilter for  a football game. 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I know that , but this wasn't an NFL game.  I didn't say the NFL badge was "cut" - I was trying to make the point that the FA had come down on Leicester simply for the way the grass was cut and yet here is a pitch - at Wembley - that is totally out of kilter for  a football game. 

Nah but the same pitch did host an nfl game 24 hours before. I might have come off wrong, I know you didn't think the badge was cut in, the point I was trying to make was more to do with them not being able to get the paint out in time 

2 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Nah but the same pitch did host an nfl game 24 hours before. I might have come off wrong, I know you didn't think the badge was cut in, the point I was trying to make was more to do with them not being able to get the paint out in time 

we're good. ?

Yep, I was at the Eagles game on Sunday and it rained all morning, so it cut up badly. Game finished around 5pm so a nudge over 24 hours to have it ready for "soccer"

3 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Why do they have NFL games at Wembley? Do England even have any NFL teams? 

They're reaching out to a global fanbase.

They play International Series games in Mexico also.

If the attendance figures keep breaking records, be prepared to see a London-based NFL franchise in the near future...

Edited by BRY

9 minutes ago, BRY said:

They're reaching out to a global fanbase.

They play International Series games in Mexico also.

If the attendance figures keep breaking records, be prepared to see a London-based NFL franchise in the near future...

Partly why the Fulham owner (also the Jacksonville Jaguars owner) wanted to buy Wembley