We are simply, not as good as we thought we were

Jasonauskas

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He did so stunningly well that he dropped completely out of contention after that.

He was excellent that day.

Amankwa hasn’t even been on the bench for most games recently and he got 85 mins. He’s not even a football player. Would not be surprised if we never see him in a Hearts shirt again. He was awful yet again. 

Edited by amadjambo

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amadjambo

• frankblack

• Jammy T

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

No. I’d have played our only Left Back, moved Demi to LM, and dropped Bozanic to the bench.

You do know that we weren’t being at all hindered or beaten or being trampled over by Celtic’s ‘width’ yesterday until they were two up with less than 30 to go?

Tierney was playing shite, Forrest ineffective. Sinclair dangerous but relatively quiet after he came on.

The facts of the game render the theory of your opinion utter pish.

Edited by Jammy T

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It was for me.  I was absolutely crestfallen when I heard it, particularly on top of all the other injuries.

As for the OP, couldn't agree with him less.

Yup that's where I'm at ... couldn't believe it when naisy went off .. he links the midfield brilliantly gets them forward and also helps Maclean showcase his skill,

maclean can't play as a sole frontman which left us nothing up top when naisy went off ... yes, we could have set up for more width potentially but we would still have probably been opened up, maybe creating a few more chances through the game but I still think we would have been nullified up front and septic would have still hurt us with their pace - then comments would be made to the effect that we were too open ... u can't win

if levein brought on Amankawaa who is a winger but up top then this shows how short of options we were with other players harry and Callum carrying knocks .. it hurts getting beat and left with an overall sense of frustration without any blame being directed at the manager .. tactics weren't our downfall today but injuries robbed us of the chance to progress

im just hoping that we can somehow get to Jan and cope until then with Maclean and wighton .. any more injuries to front players and we will have bigger issues to contend with 

Just now, amadjambo said:

He was excellent that day.

Amankwa hasn’t even been on the bench for most games recently and he got 85 mins. He’s not even a football player.

But what about the other games after that and training?

As for Amankwaa, apparently he has looked better in the reserves recently, but it was really a case of having to pick from what was available.

Just now, Jammy T said:

You do know that we weren’t being at all hindered or beaten or being trampled over by Celtic’s ‘width’ yesterday until they were two up with less than 30 to go?

Tierney was playing shite, Forrest ineffective. Sinclair dangerous but relatively quite after he came on.

The facts of the game render the theory of your opinion utter pish.

You are utterly clueless. No point engaging further with you on this matter.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Mulraney hasn't been able to hold down a place in the squad for a reason.

Mitchell was played further forward against Livi I think and wasn't particularly effective, so I think it is hope more than expectation that he could have made a difference.  He had chances to get forward yesterday and I didn't think he did well at all in passing or taking on his man.

We only used one side of the pitch to attack until Morrison came on in the Livi game though making  it easy for them to defend.

Can't remember Mitchell getting much further forward than the half way line for most of the season so far in the games I've watched, suggesting that is tacticaL

Mulraney managed to peg back Tierney  I understand.

If he's shite why sign him?

6 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

No. I’d have played our only Left Back, moved Demi to LM, and dropped Bozanic to the bench.

How would that have dealt with Tierney and Sinclair on the left?

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

But what about the other games after that and training?

As for Amankwaa, apparently he has looked better in the reserves recently, but it was really a case of having to pick from what was available.

I take it that you are giving Levein and the players a free pass for Wednesday now?

1 minute ago, Jingle Bells said:

We only used one side of the pitch to attack until Morrison came on in the Livi game though making  it easy for them to defend.

Can't remember Mitchell getting much further forward than the half way line for most of the season so far in the games I've watched, suggesting that is tacticaL

Mulraney managed to peg back Tierney  I understand.

If he's shite why sign him?

The players we did play did stop Celtic hurting us on the wings yesterday too but we had nothing up front to hurt them.

Mitchell had a few oportunities to get forward yesterday and was ineffective.  Moving him to midfield would have changed little.

5 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

You are utterly clueless. No point engaging further with you on this matter.

Says you that would have loaded our left hand side and ignored Celtic’s much stronger left hand side

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

How would that have dealt with Tierney and Sinclair on the left?

Firstly, we would have had an attacking threat on the left. I’d also have had us pressing Celtic up the park and putting them on the back foot. Had we done that, Sinclair wouldn’t have been on the park early. Rogers saw how we were playing and quickly adapted to capitalise on our weaknesses.

2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I take it that you are giving Levein and the players a free pass for Wednesday now?

I take it you will be calling for Levein's head if we don't win on Wednesday?  Your user name is quite appropritate, by the way. :thumbsup:

Just now, Jammy T said:

Says you that would have loaded our left hand side and ignored Celtic’s much stronger left hand side

Did Sinclair start?

I take it you will be calling for Levein's head if we don't win on Wednesday?  Your user name is quite appropritate, by the way. :thumbsup:

Usual suspects have crawled out of the woodwork. No surprise really.

Just now, frankblack said:

Nope. I won’t be caking for his head if we lose, just like I’m not calling for it now.

Im criticising. That seems to have upset a few though.

Just now, Jammy T said:

Garrucio and Mitchell so much stronger than Tierney and sinclair 

we’d have whipped their sorry asses

ROFL

Who said that?

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Usual suspects have crawled out of the woodwork. No surprise really.

Yeah - I knew that they were just waiting to scurry out of their holes at the first bad result, regardless if there is much we could have done about it.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

He was on after 20 minutes or so FFS

Did Naismith last the full 90?

Yes. Rogers spotted our glaring weakness and exploited it. We made that decision easy for him by completely failing to apply pressure anywhere on the park.

Yeah - I knew that they were just waiting to scurry out of their holes at the first bad result, regardless if there is much we could have done about it.

That’s nonsense. I’m on here after most games and, as you will know, most have been extremely positive this season. 

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Garrucio and Mitchell so much stronger than Tierney and sinclair 

we’d have whipped their sorry asses

ROFL

It would’ve given us threat, instead of being too defensive and worrying about them too much. 

No one is saying it was the answer but it seemed the logical move if we actually wanted to win the game, certainly give ourselves a chance. 

Aswell, it doesn’t affect how we dealt with the other side of the park. It’s a simple change on our left. 

Djoum out there in front of Mitchell has been a complete puzzler when played. Total waste of Djoums attributes.  

Just now, amadjambo said:

Yes. Rogers spotted our glaring weakness and exploited it. We made that decision easy for him by completely failing to apply pressure anywhere on the park.

No shit, sherlock.

We were pressing well but had no out ball, and second half MacLean was isolated and marked out of the game and Harring struggled.

A blind man could see our injury hit team had weaknesses.

A_A wehatethehibs

I don’t think most fans actually think we are that good a side. Certainly even when everyone was fit, I have never thought we were anywhere near the level of the 05 side even though we’ve matched the points tally. We are top and deserve to be there with the results we have had. 

Berra, Souttar, Haring, Naismith, Uche. Without those players there is no 2 ways about it, Hearts are not anywhere as good a side but it isn’t really a case of “we aren’t as good as we thought” yesterday was actually an entirely different team to the one which beat Celtic at Tynecastle in our first home game.

Now is the time to look to Harry Cochrane IMO. I’d be starting him on Wednesday. The team is going to need some inspiration and a lift going into that huge match. Djoum, Lee, Cochrane in midfield for me. 

56 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Maybe adjust the tone. If you find it hard to accept differing opinions you'll have no end of challenges on a fan forum

That reminds me of someone. ☺

16 hours ago, Jeff said:

Amazing how differently people can see things. I personally thought he was one of the weakest and looked void of ideas and scared to get stuck in.

Agree re Mitchell in MF

I'll agree Jeff i thought Djoum was very poor again today 

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The players we did play did stop Celtic hurting us on the wings yesterday too but we had nothing up front to hurt them.

Mitchell had a few oportunities to get forward yesterday and was ineffective.  Moving him to midfield would have changed little.

The Tic were targeting Mitchell during most of the game with long diagonal balls in his direction.

They knew the full backs were our weakness.

I'm surprised Sinclair wasn't on earlier to run at Smith.

Playing four central midfielders (with no wingers) gave them no "out" ball until they eventually lost possession or pose any threat to put the Tic on the back foot. thereby protecting our full backs, all imho.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

We were missing 40% of our full team so your point is invalid.

You are correct and I am sorry for this.

Guest Paul Allen

We've had a kind set of opening fixtures. We pulled off some good 1-0 wins over Celtic at home and Killie and Motherwell away. We played well in the first half against Aberdeen, but were totally outdone at Ibrox and again yesterday. Wednesday night will be the real test of how good we are, especially given we've lost Berra, Souttar, Uche and probably Naismith to injury.

Edited by Paul Allen

1 hour ago, Jingle Bells said:

The Tic were targeting Mitchell during most of the game with long diagonal balls in his direction.

They knew the full backs were our weakness.

I'm surprised Sinclair wasn't on earlier to run at Smith.

Playing four central midfielders (with no wingers) gave them no "out" ball until they eventually lost possession or pose any threat to put the Tic on the back foot. thereby protecting our full backs, all imho.

Our ‘out’ ball was no doubt supposed to be Naismith