What do you want?

Bauld

Some of the comments on here I find quite extraordinary. 

You would think we were playing ICT.

This was a game against Celtic in a cup semi final and some here are acting like this game was a gimme.

Like Levein said we had the players to match them and we did for 60 minutes. That is actually why it wasn't a great game. They looked poor because we made them look poor and we looked poor because they made us look poor. We cancelled each other out. 

The game lacked any flow because the ref is an arse.

We were missing Berra, Souttar, Uche and Naismith went off after about 5 minutes. Haring is patched up but waiting for a hernia operation. Morrison has a knee problem. Clare isn't fully fit. 

If we had our full squad to call on we would probably have had the experience and quality needed to make a bigger go of it but you can't say Levein got it wrong when it took a dodgy penalty to finally break us and a keeper error to bury us. He could only piss with the cock he's got.

Without Naismith we had nobody to link the midfield and attack but also no real goal threat. Without Uche we haven't got anyone who can't boss the opposition defence and without Naismith we haven't got the experience or brains to outsmart them. Not to mention the driving force.

Against a team of Celtics experience you need every one of your best players on the park and you also need luck on your side. We're humped on both.

Edited by Bauld

4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

This was a game against Celtic in a cup semi final and some here are acting like this game was a gimme.

Like Levein said we had the players to match them and we did for 60 minutes. That is actually why it wasn't a great game. They looked poor because we made them look poor and we looked poor because they made us look poor. We cancelled each other out. 

We were missing Berra, Souttar, Uche and Naismith went off after about 5 minutes. Haring is patched up but waiting for a hernia operation. Morrison has a knee problem. Clare isn't fully fit. 

If we had our full squad to call on we would probably have had the experience and quality needed to make a bigger go of it but you can't say Levein got it wrong when it took a dodgy penalty to finally break us and a keeper error to bury us. He could only piss with the cock he's got.

Without Naismith we had nobody to link the midfield and attack but also no real goal threat. Without Uche we haven't got anyone who can't boss the opposition defence and without Naismith we haven't got the experience or brains to outsmart them. Not to mention the driving force.

Against a team of Celtics experience you need every one of your best players on the park and you also need luck on your side. We're humped on both.

I agree with you.

Hobbled with injuries and then given Collum to deal with as well.

Celtic are the best team in Scotland by far. It wasn't our day.

The narrow team with 4 central midfielders was a pretty shit idea though.

Are you suggesting we weren’t set up wrong, because we were. 4 central midfielders and one of them (AD) clearly doesn’t like football. Getting beat by Celtic isn’t the issue. Getting the formation wrong (again after Ibrox) and being over cautious is. 

Collum booking MacLean in the first minute for nothing was a sign of how the game was going to be. We'd struggle in the scraps, we'd not get much and Celtic will go through their gears.

Shite day in the office really.

Losing Naismith was huge. So many ****ing injuries to this team when we are flying high.

So Make Some Noise..

What do we want? I tell you what we don't want:

1. A midfield bank of 4 with 2 centre midfielders out of position offering no width. 

2. Two banks of four who sit off Celtic and allow them to play. When we've done well against them we have pace and press them high. That was the polar opposite today.

3. . Danny Amankwa

I love the guy to bits but Craig lost us that game before it even started. 

Setting up with the midfield like that was probably a tactic we've used to beat Celtic before.

I remember us using the tactic to force them wide and try to force them to play long balls into the box before. 

Probably down to our own lack of natural wide as well.

16 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Good post.

****ed with injuries, concede a soft penalty (if it even was one), a keeper error and Celtic are able to bring Scott Sinclair and Ryan Christie off the bench.

We started well, even for a few minutes after Naismith went off. But he's our linking player. He links midfield with attack and links well with McLean. It's not surprising everything fell apart in an attacking sense when he went off.

Celtic barely had a decent chance before the penalty. Even up to the second they didn't do much although we didn't look like scoring. Just too much luck gone against us - mainly with injuries.

Hope Naismith's fit for Hibs.

10 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

1. A midfield bank of 4 with 2 centre midfielders out of position offering no width. 

2. Two banks of four who sit off Celtic and allow them to play. When we've done well against them we have pace and press them high. That was the polar opposite today.

3. . Danny Amankwa

I have sympathy with your view and also agree with a previous comment that CL can only piss with the cock he's got - but it's much easier in hindsight. If you disagree can you say what team selection he should make for  Wednesday and in what format should they line up.

So Make Some Noise..
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I have sympathy with your view and also agree with a previous comment that CL can only piss with the cock he's got - but it's much easier in hindsight. If you disagree can you say what team selection he should make for  Wednesday and in what format should they line up.

Zlamal, Smith, Dika, Dunne, Garuccio, Morrision, Haring/Bozanic, Lee, Mitchell, Naismith/Clare, McLean (4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1). 

Mitchell is wasted at left back and has played quite poorly there over the past 3 games. Get him wide left running at the full back without having to worry about being to far forward. 

Celtic had a number of injuries too tbf.

We were very poor today. Didn’t win individual battles and gave Celtic far too much width.

Not starting Morrison was bizzare. 

We have to give credit to Rodgers today. He saw Ebouekouassi was getting involved in a battle and had a knock so he subbed him on 25 mins for Sinclair, who gave them width on the left which matched the width Forrest gave them on the right and thus stretched us. Yet still they weren't really getting any results, so they took off Ntcham who is also a physical player for Christie who is about workrate.  They were beginning to look dangerous but then got gifted a soft penalty  anyway, and that was that...

33 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I assume you meant the first 60 seconds. We never kicked a ball for  majority of that game. 

But the injuries killed us today. No Uche or Naismith especially.

Graham Thomson
35 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Exactly ?

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, savage said:

To never see demi play left back again

His passing was all over the place so I'm not sure if he played further up it would make any difference. He seems to have gone backwards since last season but we as fans need to get behind him and hope he shows the encouraging form of last season again. 

Terrible terrible performance. Poor passing, poor decision making, no skill, no pace, no passion. Celtic clearly showing they are a class above, and a completely different animal altogether, oozing confidence, comfortable on the ball. We looked like a scared rabbit in the headlights.

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Jambo self entitlement. Nothing like it. 

Expecting to win, now there's a novel idea. I think we should try it more ?

17 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Good post.

****ed with injuries, concede a soft penalty (if it even was one), a keeper error and Celtic are able to bring Scott Sinclair and Ryan Christie off the bench.

We started well, even for a few minutes after Naismith went off. But he's our linking player. He links midfield with attack and links well with McLean. It's not surprising everything fell apart in an attacking sense when he went off.

Celtic barely had a decent chance before the penalty. Even up to the second they didn't do much although we didn't look like scoring. Just too much luck gone against us - mainly with injuries.

Hope Naismith's fit for Hibs.

On the money there Jen. Unfortunately people can’t see the wood for the trees. Appreciation of football is beyond some especially when they can’t realise the vast difference in monies available to bring in quality players. 

31 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

3. . Danny Amankwa

Thanks for that Pepe.

42 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Excellent post. Expect the usual agenda-driven posters to not directly respond to your points though, and instead just repeat the same old tripe over and over again.

chester copperpot

I am trying so hard not to post a knee jerk reaction however I just can't. 

We set up to not lose a goal today. When we lost one the game was gone.

Both times we beat Celtic recently we pressed the life out of them. Today we sat back and invited them on to us. 

I thought that was very very poor today from a tactics perspective. The Naismith injury was a nightmare but we would have still lost with him on the park IMO.

So Make Some Noise..
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Thanks for that Pepe.

If you're going to try and be a smart arse then at least get it right sweetheart. 

Pepe :vrface:

I hope that today does not take away from what is still shaping up to be a great season.

Today was still an amazing event. The likes of which Scottish football hasn't seen in many years and we were a part of it.

We still sit clear at the top. The season has a long way to go. The players we have lost to injury are going to come back and they will come back in time for us to make a push for the top.

All we have to do right now is stay in the mix.

If we can do that we will be set up for a big finish if we have enough left in the tank.

Do you know we didn't perform today. But the penalty is a turning point. That team set up probably we need to score first. In the bigger picture move on from the today, result and injuries disappointing but still the season is very positive.

We were never going to beat Celtic without our first choice forwards and centre halves, plus our key midfielder playing with an injury.

32 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Jambo self entitlement. Nothing like it. 

Exactly, we should be thankful that we're even in a semi final, and just be grateful that we're able to make up the numbers and help Celtic in any way possible maintain their dominance in the Scottish game. Personally, I think our players should offer to clean their boots after the match, just to show them that we know our place.

1 hour ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

3. . Danny Amankwa

Correct

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Good post sir

I don't know what people want either. As much as I'm loving our start to the season, it's all a bit too soon. We've went from bang average to 'title contenders' overnight and the problem there is, fans get caught up and expect stuff.

We're a good side who will finish high up the table, there's no doubt. But I think the fans who don't have their tongue in cheek when saying we'd win the treble need a reality check.

The chips are down. Today was a dull one and injuries are crippling us. This'll be stretching the players. It's now down to us as a fanbase to stand up and support them through it whatever happens, and if the shit hits the fan over the next few weeks, the 'top of the league happy clappers' will be found out.

Jean Louis Valois

Can’t believe the amount of Hearts fans who left after the 2nd and 3rd goals. Like the OP says, it’s like people thought a win today was a given, it was a semi final against the best team in the country. Pretty pathetic.

1 hour ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Zlamal, Smith, Dika, Dunne, Garuccio, Morrision, Haring/Bozanic, Lee, Mitchell, Naismith/Clare, McLean (4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1). 

Mitchell is wasted at left back and has played quite poorly there over the past 3 games. Get him wide left running at the full back without having to worry about being to far forward. 

Well done mate for having the courage to front up.

Unfortunately, after I asked you, it seems that Naisy, Haring and possibly even Dika won't make it so it will be a patchwork quilt of a selection with probably Cochrane, Wighton and Hughes (Is he fit?) coming into the equation.