Can you prove you are not a Russian sponsored 'Bot'?

56anawthat

Apparently our social media in Scotland is being targeted by mischevious foreign powers who are using 'bots 'to generate tens of thousands of dodgy postings with a view to creating political and social instability. I have long suspected that many of the posters here fall into that category. Especially when it comes to discussions of Indyref, Brexit, other teams and their supporters and general moans. So can you prove you are not one of these? 

AlphonseCapone

I find the idea that half the pish I read on here comes from bots rather than actual humans pretty comforting tbh. 

29 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I find the idea that half the pish I read on here comes from bots rather than actual humans pretty comforting tbh. 

it would explain a lot

p.s. товарищ путин

I find it amusing that certain posters continually copy and paste articles from obscure sources, continually post derogatory articles, name call and then you’ll find them up in arms that others elsewhere who are on the other end of the spectrum  and also on social media are doing exactly the same thing. Are they Bots who knows but I generally skim over the stuff they post.

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Do bots generally get so upset, they threaten to batter you?

Square go?

45 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I find it amusing that certain posters continually copy and paste articles from obscure sources, continually post derogatory articles, name call and then you’ll find them up in arms that others elsewhere who are on the other end of the spectrum  and also on social media are doing exactly the same thing. Are they Bots who knows but I generally skim over the stuff they post.

Indeed. 

Those that are so entrenched in their own views whether it be politics, religion, constitutional change; are not worth your efforts and they will never listen or truly debate.

I much prefer a reasoned discussion/debate with those that are equally prepared to do so. I share different views to some of my friends, but we can discuss these different views over a pint or five, safe in the knowledge that we can still part as friends and still with different views. That is life.

Unfortunately the few numpties tend to ruin threads where reasoned discussion/debate threatens to break out.

Space Mackerel

?

1 hour ago, 56anawthat said:

Apparently, our social media in Scotland is being targeted by mischevious foreign powers who are using 'bots 'to generate tens of thousands of dodgy postings with a view to creating political and social instability.

Magic! I love these bots!

?

Edited by Space Mackerel

3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Indeed. 

Those that are so entrenched in their own views whether it be politics, religion, constitutional change; are not worth your efforts and they will never listen or truly debate.

I much prefer a reasoned discussion/debate with those that are equally prepared to do so. I share different views to some of my friends, but we can discuss these different views over a pint or five, safe in the knowledge that we can still part as friends and still with different views. That is life.

Unfortunately the few numpties tend to ruin threads where reasoned discussion/debate threatens to break out.

There are soon really good posters on this forum and I like to read what they say and as you have said I can whole hearted disagree with the views but really appreciate their  onsidered opinions.

and the way they present them.

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

There are soon really good posters on this forum and I like to read what they say and as you have said I can whole hearted disagree with the views but really appreciate their  onsidered opinions.

and the way they present them.

:spoton:

16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I'm not but if the Russians are willing to sponsor me I could do with the extra cash. Where do I apply?

The Labour Party would be my first port of call! 

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It would explain a load of the pish posted in the Donald Trump thread.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Senator Mccarthy wants his joke back... 

How do you know he didn't steal it from me....... how very presumptuous! 

2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Absolutely this, there are a few posters who fall into this copy & paste category and more often than not what they post is nothing more than a pile of unsubstantiated & poorly researched drivel which is then often proven to be utter nonsense with just a minimal amount of research.

But that is the aim of these bots, to spread disinformation and they'll post anything which suits that agenda, doesn't matter if it's true or not, they don't care about the truth, only their agenda.

Space Mackerel
39 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Absolutely this, there are a few posters who fall into this copy & paste category and more often than not what they post is nothing more than a pile of unsubstantiated & poorly researched drivel which is then often proven to be utter nonsense with just a minimal amount of research.

Yep, totally agree, that’s why giving detailed answers to any questions on here is a waste of time. 

Нет товарища. Нет повестки дня. Здесь ничего нет. Двигаться дальше.

10 hours ago, 56anawthat said:

Apparently our social media in Scotland is being targeted by mischevious foreign powers who are using 'bots 'to generate tens of thousands of dodgy postings with a view to creating political and social instability. I have long suspected that many of the posters here fall into that category. Especially when it comes to discussions of Indyref, Brexit, other teams and their supporters and general moans. So can you prove you are not one of these? 

I've wondered the same myself of certain posters.

I think my posts prove I'm not.

There’s a certain degree of smug self-righteousness in looking for nefarious activity to explain other people’s actions and beliefs.

My ramblings are most certainly from the depraved corners of my own mind and not Generated As Zesty Pro Russian Opinions My friends.

I'm not going to come on here gasing about how great Putin is or attempt to oil the wheels of Russian interests in any form.

Not to my kickback comrades.

The Continental Op
On 27/10/2018 at 13:13, 56anawthat said:

Da - I mean yes.

On 27/10/2018 at 22:13, Armageddon said:

I got a verification message earlier, think I’ve passed it though

E0A2E820-9D62-4DAA-A49A-BD0AFE48829C.jpeg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

On 27/10/2018 at 22:13, Armageddon said:

I got a verification message earlier, think I’ve passed it though

E0A2E820-9D62-4DAA-A49A-BD0AFE48829C.jpeg

Hmmm... well dodgy if you ask me.

(You missed two squares containing dishwasher parts: third column, squares 2 & 3. Failed!   :vrface:)