Victory over Celtic or Hibs?

Spleedoink

1 hour ago, EastSideJambo said:

Never see the point in these threads 

We want to be in a cup final and we always want to beat Hibs without fail 

The correct answer......not reading anymore of this defeatist thread!!

Celtic and it’s not even close. Massive massive match that has many more positive implications than 1 of this seasons 4 derby games. Nearly 30,000 Hearts fans in attendance for a historic occasion and the opportunity to get to a winnable final of a competition we’ve not won in over 50 years. Financially massive to win it and have a final to look forward to as well as the knock on effect of winning such a big game with 10k+ of our irregular attendees who may pick up half season tickets or walk ups on the back of it. For Craig Levein this would see him take us to a final for the first time which would be a momentous moment, I can guarantee he would would rather win on Sunday than next Wednesday too. As I say if it’s a one or other question it’s not even close. 

1 minute ago, magicTs said:

Celtic and it’s not even close. Massive massive match that has many more positive implications than 1 of this seasons 4 derby games. Nearly 30,000 Hearts fans in attendance for a historic occasion and the opportunity to get to a winnable final of a competition we’ve not won in over 50 years. Financially massive to win it and have a final to look forward to as well as the knock on effect of winning such a big game with 10k+ of our irregular attendees who may pick up half season tickets or walk ups on the back of it. For Craig Levein this would see him take us to a final for the first time which would be a momentous moment, I can guarantee he would would rather win on Sunday than next Wednesday too. As I say if it’s a one or other question it’s not even close. 

:spoton::clap: 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Not sure I can be so easy going about a Derby defeat tbh 

I can, if we're in a final and top of the league. ?

8 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Saved me the bother of replying to the OP :2thumbsup:

2 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Never see the point in these threads 

We want to be in a cup final and we always want to beat Hibs without fail 

Yup. There seem to have been quite a few lately - don't know why. If ifs and buts were pots and pans, the JKB kitchen would be overflowing at the moment.

The answer is of course both of them. Let's deal with realities, not with unrealistic hypotheticals.

INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Hate these questions. (Sorry op, no disrespect). 

You want to win all your games and we are capable just now. 

We sure are,we should never talk about which game we would rather win.Winners want to win them all.

8 minutes ago, INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874 said:

We sure are,we should never talk about which game we would rather win.Winners want to win them all.

:spoton:

37 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Pretty much this. 

Never liked it when fans referred to this competition as the Mikey mouse cup or diddy cup. We have had to go through 6 matches to get here..will be 8 matches if we beat Celtic and Aberdeen/Rangers. Massive achievement for the club. There should be a European qualifying criteria for it IMO. 

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

League win or League Cup win?

3 points every week is vital for us to do thta. It is a long shot but we genuienly have a shot.

Also, winning derbies defines us as a club - we just win them.

The league remains a massive long shot, and beating Hibs wouldn't define it.  Win on Sunday and you're 1 very winnable game away from a trophy.

Obviously we try to win both but the Celtic game is much bigger.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

League win or League Cup win?

3 points every week is vital for us to do thta. It is a long shot but we genuienly have a shot.

Also, winning derbies defines us as a club - we just win them.

If derbies define us, we need to change that to finals and Cup wins. 

Also, in this scenerio, beat celtic to get to the final, hibs beat us as per the op, we just need to beat celtic again to still be six clear. League is still on... And we're in A final ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Celtic, take a trophy above an irrelevant wee club any day.

This and folk saying otherwise are elevating hibs to something special and our equal. They don't even realise it! 

Hibs won't beat us at Tynecastle,anyway but the obvious answer is a chance at a trophy. 3 Cup wins in 55 ( maybe ten finals?) years and some are taking another Derby win over a realistic chance of a cup. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Hibs is just 3 points, this Celtic game is the biggest football match in terms of attendance in Edinburgh since the 1950s and 60s

There will never be another game like this at Murrayfield, it’s going to be a day to remember for all Hearts fans.

Beat Celtic.  Let's put this 'treble treble' nonsense to bed and shut them up good and proper!

Then Hibs will take care of its 'natural order' self!

4 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

I love these difficult choice questions....

Its one of those ..........'If you woke up in bed and found yourself sandwiched  between Kyle Minogue and he sister which one would you bonk first' type questions.

;)

This is hypothetical like? I’d cop a wee feel of one then game over I’m afraid!

I don't think the mentality in the dressing room is anything other than we go into both confident of winning. I genuinely think both are very, very winnable

44 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

This is hypothetical like? I’d cop a wee feel of one then game over I’m afraid!

I genuinely don't understand this answer, Typoon. Do you have a heart condition?

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I genuinely don't understand this answer, Typoon. Do you have a heart condition?

Coupled with a trigger finger, yep. A disturbing condition but it has its good points..... I always finish first. My wife says it’s normal, mind you but don’t see her much as she does a lot of night shifts. Strange for a playground assistant but she seems happy???

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Coupled with a trigger finger, yep. A disturbing condition but it has its good points..... I always finish first. My wife says it’s normal, mind you but don’t see her much as she does a lot of night shifts. Strange for a playground assistant but she seems happy???

:biggrin:

Both. And we will.

However, IF we were to lose on Sunday I have every faith that this Hearts team will bounce back immediately.

7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

:qqb006:

If we win both these, and with some style, best get an open topped booked.

Beating celltic in the semi doesn't guarantee winning the final. 

Lose to hibs and suddenly celtic are breathing down our necks and we have to go to their ground with them with a point to prove. 

But as others have said,  beat celtic draw with hibs will do me.

I never like these threads.  It is the thread of a loser.   

I want both.  Getting only one will be disappointing, getting neither would be shit. I accept it could happen, though. 

Things s, you can only have one, though, annoys me.   As I say, a loser’s mentality. 

Edited by Paolo