Tynecastle Park on days like today

JALBO

It's just the best place to be - the kind of occasion you always hope for heading for the game, and today it didn't disappoint. An excellent atmosphere from where we sit in N, and with the fans and players/manager feeding off each other too. A great afternoon.

The atmosphere today was absolutely cracking. When we turn the noise up it must be inspirational for our players and intimidating for the opposition.

Too right, dude

I’ve been to around 50 grounds in England and most all of them in Scotland, and I reckon only Annfield and Upton Park can ( could) touch it ?

Best bit (outside the two goals) Naismith running down Joe Lewis in the 90+ minute and blocking his kick out. The place erupted!

I had two German tourists sitting behind me and I found myself wondering what they must've been making of it all.

The atmosphere was brilliant today, particularly in the first half! 

Agreed.

It was an absolute cauldron and the entire support gave the team great backing!

I wish there were a few more loud singers at the back of C to drown me out, but the stadium as a whole is tremendous when we are playing well in big games. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Absolutely. It was very much fortress Tynecastle today. Not every game at home will be like that. But if we are still in and around the top of the league come December I can definitely imagine their being a real siege mentality at home!

Bear pit today, love it when every foul by the other team is met by thousands of jeers, sure it encouraged Naisy to wind up the ref and Aberdeen players even more than normal ?

38 minutes ago, JALBO said:

It's just the best place to be - the kind of occasion you always hope for heading for the game, and today it didn't disappoint. An excellent atmosphere from where we sit in N, and with the fans and players/manager feeding off each other too. A great afternoon.

Loved Levein flapping his arms for more noise when that ***** Clancy was giving us **** all early on (not that he gave us anything later on either - never seen a ref give us two penalties and still be an utter bellend before!)

You have to have a set of cohones to play at Tynie. An even bigger set when we’re not performing. What an arena.

And it’s ours .......

I knew I had to leave early today and looked at the clock at the bottom of the main stand at 75 minutes and thought right I'll leave in 5 minutes, next thing I knew they were announcing the 3 minutes added on, it was that type of game 

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Best bit (outside the two goals) Naismith running down Joe Lewis in the 90+ minute and blocking his kick out. The place erupted!

The other highlight for me was Demi's quick throw-in, when he played a one-two off an Aberdeen player's back.  I've never seen anyone do that before.

It was a great atmosphere today, my sister at one point said it was pretty noisy in here today, as the op said it was the kind of occasion we all want to go to. Bring on the h1b5 can’t wait for that ??????

7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

The other highlight for me was Demi's quick throw-in, when he played a one-two off an Aberdeen player's back.  I've never seen anyone do that before.

Seen it done in the English  premiership many years ago, think maybe Le Tissier done it and scored from it, might have the wrong player ?

13 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I had a good laugh at that at the time. Quick thinking from Demi.

6 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Seen it done in the English  premiership many years ago, think maybe Le Tissier done it and scored from it, might have the wrong player ?

Think it was Dean Saunders at Sheffield Utd.

stirlingshirejambo
6 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Dean Saunders bounced throw in off goalies back and acored

sure Paul Hartley did it at Hampden too

3 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

No, he scored directly from a free kick where their legendary goalie was expecting a cross. 

3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Think it was Dean Saunders at Sheffield Utd.

3 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Cheers guys, knew someone done it but couldn’t remember who ??

4 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

Too right, dude

I’ve been to around 50 grounds in England and most all of them in Scotland, and I reckon only Annfield and Upton Park can ( could) touch it ?

Stirling Albion's old place? I played there - wasn't a bit like Tynecastle :D

6 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

It's actually a bookable offence now - ungentlemanly conduct. The ref Mustn't have seen it.

11 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

Too right, dude

Anfield is a tomb most of the time, old Trafford is as bad. In England it's Stoke City's Bet 365 stadium who have a decent atmosphere.

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

It's actually a bookable offence now - ungentlemanly conduct. The ref Mustn't have seen it.

Only if done recklessly or with excessive force I believe.

Jambof3tornado

I thought Aberdeens leave something on every challenge tactics and clancys reffing boosted the atmosphere,galvanised us if you like.

Naismith certainly fed off it.

12 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

My kids thought we had scored it was that loud ???