Team for Saturday?

Thommo414

Bobby

Dikamona  Dunne   Garuccio

Morrison   Haring    Djoum    Mitchell

Lee      

Naismith    Maclean

Morrison has done nothing wrong any time he's been called upon. Ben also has been playing well in reserves. Mitchell is never a LB so should stay further forward in front of Ben. Totally against putting one of our most influential players in Peter Haring back into defence. Dikamona has looked solid every time I've seen him. That's a very strong attacking team with lots of body's willing to get forward.  

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Thommo414

• VivaObua

• Cruyff Turn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Bobby

Dikamona  Dunne   Garuccio

Morrison   Haring    Djoum    Mitchell

Lee      

Naismith    Maclean

Morrison has done nothing wrong any time he's been called upon. Ben also has been playing well in reserves. Mitchell is never a LB so should stay further forward in front of Ben. Totally against putting one of our most influential players in Peter Haring back into defence. Dikamona has looked solid every time I've seen him. That's a very strong attacking team with lots of body's willing to get forward.  

Not for me. Too many players shoehorned into unfamiliar positions.

25 minutes ago, Bighenry said:

Me too. .Right back seems to me the issue for tomorrow. 

Yes it is especially with their wide players. Don't fancy Hughes playing RB far too slow.

I'd love to see big Aaron Hughes come back in. I've seen him play at RB a few times and he's been pretty solid. And I really like wee Mitchell when he plays at LB. He is really nippy. 

Garuccio has looked a wee bit ropey a couple times I've seen him play this season. Would prefer to see him on the bench.

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Highlander said:

I'd love to see big Aaron Hughes come back in. I've seen him play at RB a few times and he's been pretty solid. And I really like wee Mitchell when he plays at LB. He is really nippy. 

Garuccio has looked a wee bit ropey a couple times I've seen him play this season. Would prefer to see him on the bench.

Couldn’t have been at Hamilton.

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Couldn’t have been at Hamilton.

You're absolutely right! The one game I missed due to a wedding. 

What did I miss?

GorgieRules22
Just now, Highlander said:

You're absolutely right! The one game I missed due to a wedding. 

What did I miss?

Hughes having a mare at right back.

You like Mitchell at left back aswell ? How many weddings have you been to this season ?

HaHa. Well, that certainly explains his absence the rest of this season. 

But on Mitchell, he was up and down the wing at Motherwell wreaking all kinds of havoc but wasn't as good the following week at his preferred RB against Livingston. 

Can't remember how he played against Rangers. Had a crap view!

On 18/10/2018 at 11:31, Debut 4 said:

Bobby

Godhino.  Dikamona. Dunne. Garrucio.  

Bozanic. Lee. 

Morrison.  Naismith. Mitchell. 

Mclean.  

Assuming Haring doesn't make it, this is the team I'd go for.

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Hughes having a mare at right back.

You like Mitchell at left back aswell ? How many weddings have you been to this season ?

:thumbs_up:

is mitchell getting in to tyne without the cap, should be left back, can cut in and strike for goal.

Morrison, 90 mins, that laddie is ace.

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

is mitchell getting in to tyne without the cap, should be left back, can cut in and strike for goal.

Morrison, 90 mins, that laddie is ace.

Mitchell too weak defensively to play left back bud, especially in a back line missing Smith, Souttar and Berra

12 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Back four will either be:

Hughes

Dikamona

Dunne

Garuccio

or

Dikamona

Haring

Dunne

Garuccio

Ok bud, if this fails , its your fault, lol

9 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Theres no way Hughes will be up against GMS on the right hand side 

Probably not. I’d probably change that. No Hughes, move Garuccio to RB, Mitchell to left back, put Wighton on the left as an inside forward. 

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Probably not. I’d probably change that. No Hughes, move Garuccio to RB, Mitchell to left back, put Wighton on the left as an inside forward. 

Mitchell’s no good at left back. He’s got to be used in an attacking role somewhere on the park.

5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Mitchell’s no good at left back. He’s got to be used in an attacking role somewhere on the park.

I totally agree and that was glaringly obvious at Ibrox but we’re a bit short on full backs for this one. 

I’d be inclined to go with:

Bobby

Dikamona Hughes Dunne Garuccio

Morrison Haring Lee Mitchell

MacLean Naismith

If Hughes is able to play, then 3 at the back with wingbacks:

Dikamona    Dunne     Hughes

Morrison                                                  Mitchell

Can’t  see CL making any radical changes and rightly so. Keep it as close as to what’s been successful to date.

Maybe MItchell further up and with Sean Clare being introduced there’s our surprise factor (Uchi before him). 

29 minutes ago, Olly Lee said:

.................Bobby

Clevid Haring Dunne Garuccio 

........Lee Djoum Bozanic 

Naismith MacLean Mitchell 

This I like this lineup  with bozanic sitting deep such a shame to drop haring back to centre back though also djoum was poor at ibrox but given a more central role might suit him more.

Edited by Bongo 1874

6 hours ago, kila said:

I like this.

Perhaps if anything they might play Garrucio out of position in for Morrison.

37 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This I like this lineup  with bozanic sitting deep such a shame to drop haring back to centre back though.

True, but otherwise who do you play at right back? Unless Hughes could help us out for a  change at cb centre back, move Clevid over to rb and keep Haring in midfield:

..................Bobby 

Clevid Hughes Dunne Garuccio 

........MacLean Naismith 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Has he played even a reserve game since returning? Too early to put him in against the sheep. Glad he's fit again though.

The same will apply to Clare as well - would have thought the bench at best and maybe the last 15 for one or both of them

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, scott herbertson said:

The same will apply to Clare as well - would have thought the bench at best and maybe the last 15 for one or both of them

Agreed at least midfield is fairly well represented but with Hughes suspended we do have a bit of an issue at RB.

I would go with Hughes at RB for this one game. Two reasons:

1. We need to get our new CB pairing of Dikamona and Dunne in place as soon as possible so they’ve had two games together before the semi.

2. Hughes isn’t fit enough to play every game during the tough run we have coming up.

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I would go with Hughes at RB for this one game. Two reasons:

1. We need to get our new CB pairing of Dikamona and Dunne in place as soon as possible so they’ve had two games together before the semi.

2. Hughes isn’t fit enough to play every game during the tough run we have coming up.

That makes complete  sense unless you went to Hamilton where he looked lost at right back, cost us a goal and was given a torrid time by some nomarks..... really be surprised if Levein gives it another go, especially against Aberdeen.

7 hours ago, Olly Lee said:

True, but otherwise who do you play at right back? Unless Hughes could help us out for a  change at cb centre back, move Clevid over to rb and keep Haring in midfield:

..................Bobby 

Clevid Hughes Dunne Garuccio 

........MacLean Naismith 

I would suggest that is the likely team

7 minutes ago, frodoker said:

That makes complete  sense unless you went to Hamilton where he looked lost at right back, cost us a goal and was given a torrid time by some nomarks..... really be surprised if Levein gives it another go, especially against Aberdeen.

Got to agree with this. We can’t afford Hughes to be at right back for this one. He is way too slow and would be up against Mckay-Stephen who would rip him apart. We have other options 

Clevid cams on at RB against Rangers and did ok so for this one game he could play there. Or go with the back 3 and wing backs with Morrison at right wing back. 

steinbeckjambo1874
On 18/10/2018 at 10:38, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Zlamal

Dikamona Hughes Dunne Garuccio

Naismith MacLean

or 

Zlamal

Dikamona Hughes Dunne

Morrison Djoum Haring Lee Mitchell

Naismith MacLean

I'm assuming Hughes is fit as he was away with Northern Ireland. If not then we're really toiling - maybe Garuccio could cover at right back with Mitchell at left back. Mulraney could be an option as he did a decent job defensively (albeit in midfield) against Tierney. Whoever plays right side is likely to be up against Mackay-Stevens. Haring at centre back could be an alternative too. 

Reckon it'll be either of these too, would like to see us play 3-5-2, but suppose a lot of this depends on Hughes being fit. 

1 hour ago, frodoker said:

Fairly sure Hughes played RCB in a back 3 at Hamilton.

16 hours ago, kila said:

This for me. 

I’ve had a complete change of opinion over night.  I reckon Mulraney will play today (controversial I know) and we’ll try and stick to 4-4-2.  Means we can double up on the wings against GMS if need be but be ready to attack on the counter.

Bobby

Mulraney

Dikamona

Dunne

Garrucio

Morrison

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

McLean

Naismith

Option there for Haring to drop back into a 3 if required, as I’d expect Naismith and McLean would take turns dropping back into the midfield gap.

2 hours ago, frodoker said:

I’ve seem him play right back for us quite a few times and he has been solid. He had a howler that day at Hamilton but every player has a howler now and again. The goal looked like a miscommunication between two players who barely knew each other. There’s a difference between a home game and away game as well.

I’m sure he has the experience/nouse to get through this game for us ??

Bozanic might be able to do a one off job as a right-back, being a ball winner, as long as he has a winger infront of him.

18 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’ve had a complete change of opinion over night.  I reckon Mulraney will play today (controversial I know) and we’ll try and stick to 4-4-2.  Means we can double up on the wings against GMS if need be but be ready to attack on the counter.

Bobby

Mulraney

Dikamona

Dunne

Garrucio

Morrison

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

McLean

Naismith

Option there for Haring to drop back into a 3 if required, as I’d expect Naismith and McLean would take turns dropping back into the midfield gap.

I’ll donate £50 to FOH if this is the starting lineup.

Not a chance in the world Levein starts a left footed winger who hasn’t been near the team in weeks at right back!

portobellojambo1
54 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Bobby

Mulraney

Dikamona

Dunne

Garrucio

Morrison

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

McLean

Naismith

While I wouldn't disagree that there is a good chance we will go 4-4-2 today I don't think Craig will throw Mulraney in at right back. If available today I think he is more liable to put Aaron Hughes in, and either play him at right back or central defence, with Dikamona moving to right back. I also agree he will stick Morrison in from the start as it will help both Naismith and McLean  if there is someone there to provide delivery from wide on both sides (Morrison and Mitchell)

Edited by portobellojambo1

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Bobby

Mulraney

Dikamona

Dunne

Garrucio

Morrison

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

McLean

Naismith

If Mulraney can do a job at right back i like this team.

Bobby.                                                                                                                                    Garrucio.                                                         Dunne.                                                             Haring.                                                           Dikamona.                                                                                                                              Mitchell.                                                          Lee.                                                                  Bozanic.                                                          Morrision.          

Mclean.  Naismith