Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Thommo414

• VivaObua

• Cruyff Turn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

julienbrellier

I think we have to find a way to play both Garucchio and Mitchell together but I do see we have an issue with Right-Back. 

With that in mind I think we will see Haring drop back alongside Dikamona and Dunne

30 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So let me get this straight. People want to put a clear attack minded box to box midfielder who has scored and set up around 10 goals so far this season in central defence?

Yes, the player we originally signed to play CB needs to cover that position for 1 game until our regular RB is back from suspension. And we have 2 capable players who can cover Haring (Djoum and Bozanic) for 1 game. It’s a massive blow losing Souttar and Uche, but it looks like a necessary move. Not difficult to understand. 

Edited by karipidis

I think there's 2 ways we could line up at the back on Saturday, I believe we played 3 at the back in all games against Aberdeen last season, assuming we continue that, I think we'll go either;

Mitchell (RWB) Dikamona Haring Dunne Garuccio (LWB)

or

*midfielder (RWB) Dikamona Dunne Garuccio Mitchell (LWB)

*the midfielder being either Djoum, Mulraney or Morrison, maybe Amankwaa or Clare if he's ready.

Logan has been playing well in the reserves and I’d expect him to be called upon.  If he is, I’d hope the Tynecastle faithful will protect and support him.

If Hughes was fit to travel for N.I last weekend and make the squad, he should be fit to play a week later.

Bobby

Dikamona  Hughes  Dunne  Garuccio

Morrison  Lee  Haring  Mitchell

Naismith

McLean

3 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

So with the news of both Souttar and Uche being out till, what I can only assume is the split, that's 2 big positions now looking significantly weaker. Having said that, I think we have strength in depth and can still put out a strong team against Aberdeen

Zlamal

Mulraney   Dikamona.   Dunne. Garuccio 

Haring.                      Lee

Morrison.           Naismith.          Mitchell

McLean 

Right back appears to be the problem area but with the speed coming off the wings from Mitchell and Morrison, we should be able to get in behind Aberdeens defence and get balls into Naisy and McLean easily enough 

Not at all sure about Mulraney at number 2 Thommo, but apart from that, your team looks ok. :thumbsup:

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, VivaObua said:

Bobby

Dika

Haring

Dunne

Garuccio

Lee

Djoum

Morrison

Naismith

Mitchell

Macca

Saved me typing that out, looks like the best option to me.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Jambo83 said:

If Hughes was fit to travel for N.I last weekend and make the squad, he should be fit to play a week later.

Bobby

Naismith

McLean

Will he be fit to play 90 minutes, he hasn’t done that so far this season? Aberdeen have a big lump up front, we need two big guys in there from Haring/Dunne/Dikamona or all three.

15 minutes ago, Jambo83 said:

Bobby

Naismith

McLean

This is now our strongest 11 and when Smith is back put him at RB and Dikamona in place of Hughes at CB

Zlamal 

Dikamona    Dunne 

Hughes                                   Garuccio

Haring

Lee                         Mitchell 

Morrison                      Naismith 

MacLean 

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Not at all sure about Mulraney at number 2 Thommo, but apart from that, your team looks ok. :thumbsup:

Every now and again, we have to make a decision we'd rather avoid, and this is the one for me!

In defence of Mulraney (pardon the pun) he kept Tierney quiet at Tynecastle which is enough to convince me he has something there.

I also can't bring myself to want to move Dikamona to rb to accommodate Hughes, who is unfortunately just not really up to speed. But thank you for the (almost) vote of confidence :)

I reckon Garuccio can play right back. He’s pretty two footed so shouldn’t be a problem. Might even suit him cutting inside.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

What i’m worried about now is the lack of physicality in attack. We will also need to change our overall tactics as the long ball and crosses into the box will be so ineffective without Uche. We must press Aberdeen and just go for the 3 points. But how many players now over the past 3 seasons have we had injured severely impacting our season need to try and see what we can do to prevent this in future happening too often now. My lineup would be 

Zlamal

Dikamona Dunne Garuccio

Morrison Haring Djoum Mitchell

Lee

Naismith Maclean

Would go with something like that think Lee would be brilliant just behind the strikers would have Morrison & mitchell tracking back.

think that team could beat Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I reckon Garuccio can play right back. He’s pretty two footed so shouldn’t be a problem. Might even suit him cutting inside.

Absolutely no balance when playing left or right footers on the wrong side of the park which was once again glaringly demonstrated v Livi when Demi looked like a fish out of water.

Fwiw I'd play the following team 'with a 3-5-2 formation;

GK Zlamal

CB Dika & Dunne alongside Hughes (if fit) or Haring (if Hughes is out)

RWB Morrison

LWB Mitchell

CM Bozanic, Djoum & Lee

F  Naismith & McLean

Subs

Doyle

Garuccio

McDonald

Wighton

Clare

mulraney

Cochrane (if fit) or Amankwaa (if Harry's out)

Lighter than I'd like on the bench especially up top and no CB cover but hey, ho.

2-0 JT's

joondalupjambo
5 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Would folk stop moving our best central midfielder back to to centre half.

Thanks.

Agree has he even ever played in that position for us?  99% of fans have never seen him at CH even if he had so why take the risk when he has been so great in midfield and we have other options at the back.

23 minutes ago, BIG ECK said:

Absolutely no balance when playing left or right footers on the wrong side of the park which was once again glaringly demonstrated v Livi when Demi looked like a fish out of water.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Also I think Paulo Maldini and Philip Lahm might have something to say about that.

Demi is all left foot, Garuccio is two footed and we don't have a 'natural' right full back fit. Although I agree it wouldn't be the 'norm' I'd suggest that playing an actual full back, whether on his natural side or not at full back, rather than a centerhalf at full back, the less of the two evils. 

15 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Agree has he even ever played in that position for us?  99% of fans have never seen him at CH even if he had so why take the risk when he has been so great in midfield and we have other options at the back.

He played centre half against Cove and started there against Raith before moving into midfield. He's also played at centre half for the last three years and we signed him as a centre half, so hardly a risk. I'd say we had more options in midfield rather than at the back especially with Smith being suspended. 

3 hours ago, Jambo83 said:

Bobby

Naismith

McLean

Fully Agree -hopefully that’s how it lines up and not Hughes at RB. Was at Hamilton first game of the season and Hughes was about as slow as Scotrail out of the Waverley. He may be ok to get by at central defence for the odd game.

10 minutes ago, Igglepiggle said:

He played centre half against Cove and started there against Raith before moving into midfield. He's also played at centre half for the last three years and we signed him as a centre half, so hardly a risk. I'd say we had more options in midfield rather than at the back especially with Smith being suspended. 

This :1022:

But I completely get why folk don't feel Haring should remain in midfield.

8 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Bobby

Dikamona Haring Dunne

Morrison Bozanic Lee Mitchell

Djoum

Naismith MacLean

That’s the team.  No choice but to play Haring at the back.  Hughes won’t be fit, hasn’t even been on the bench lately.

Bozanic is going to benefit here with a run in the team.

7 hours ago, VivaObua said:

Bobby

Dika

Haring

Dunne

Garuccio

Lee

Djoum

Morrison

Naismith

Mitchell

Macca

Bozanic for Djoum 

Bobby

Dikamona

Haring

Dunne

Morrison

Lee

Bozanic

Mitchell

Djoum

McLean

Naismith

subs: Doyle, Logan, Garrucio, Cochrane, Mulraney, Wighton, Amankwaa

Bobby

Morrison Clevid Haring Dunne Mitchell

Boz Lee

Djoum

Maclean Naisy

We need another striker to take the pressure off Maclean. He's older and will need recovery time IMO. Get a quick fix in to help see out games until their match fit. Wighton needs time to build confidence. 

I'd go;-

Bobby 

Dikamona    Dunne     hughes

Haring

Morrison    djoum     Lee      Mitchell

Naismith

Mclean

Captain Canada

Bobby

Hughes Dikamona Dunne

Morrison Haring Djoum Lee Garuccio

Naismith MacLean 

Subs: Doyle, Wighton, Bozanic, Mitchell, Cochrane (if fit), Amankwaa and MacDonald

Mitchell has been poor the last few times I've seen him. I'm not Djoum's biggest fan but I'd like to see him get a chance in a central, more attacking role. 

Having Morrison as a wing back in front of Hughes will give us a bit more pace on that side. 

Bobby

Dikamona   Dunne     Garrucio

Morrison       Lee         Haring           Mitchell 

Naismith

Wighton              MacLean

Edited by kila

Zlamal

Godinho Dikamona Dunne Garuccio

Morrison Haring Lee Mitchell

Naismith MacLean

I think we need a solid back 4 against Aberdeen.

Not convinced by Hughes even if he is fit although Levein may favour his experience.

Godinho is fit according to Levein. Hopefully he's ready to play.

Don't want to see Mitchell at left back again, or even wing back against good opposition.

Playing full backs releases Morrison and Mitchell who are two of our most dangerous players and pushes their full backs back.

Keep the Haring-Lee partnership and leave out Djoum.

With Uche out, Naismith has to play further forward where I prefer him anyway.

Levein says Clare will play a part so I guess he's pencilled in to replace Morrison for last 15/20.

Zlamal 

Godinho Dunne Dikamona Garucc

Lee Haring

Morrison  Naismith Mitchell 

Maclean 

Clare on for Mitchell in 2nd half. Could put Naismith up top instead and add Djoum to the mid as number 10. Dikamona could play right back and Hughes centre back. Quite a lot of options.

Would definitely like to see Clare feature on Saturday to see if this boy is any good. We definitely need someone decent at the front as McLean seems to tire around 60/70 mins when he is on his own. 

Edited by Highlander

16 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Zlamal 

Dikamona    Dunne 

Hughes                                   Garuccio

Haring

Lee                         Mitchell 

Morrison                      Naismith 

MacLean 

Theres no way Hughes will be up against GMS on the right hand side 

Holyrood_Hearts
18 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

So let me get this straight. People want to put a clear attack minded box to box midfielder who has scored and set up around 10 goals so far this season in central defence?

Yep it appears so. I don’t see the need to move him personally 

Holyrood_Hearts
8 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Zlamal

Godinho Dikamona Dunne Garuccio

Morrison Haring Lee Mitchell

Naismith MacLean

I think we need a solid back 4 against Aberdeen.

Not convinced by Hughes even if he is fit although Levein may favour his experience.

Godinho is fit according to Levein. Hopefully he's ready to play.

Don't want to see Mitchell at left back again, or even wing back against good opposition.

Playing full backs releases Morrison and Mitchell who are two of our most dangerous players and pushes their full backs back.

Keep the Haring-Lee partnership and leave out Djoum.

With Uche out, Naismith has to play further forward where I prefer him anyway.

Levein says Clare will play a part so I guess he's pencilled in to replace Morrison for last 15/20.

Couldn’t agree more with all this. 

Zlamal 

Dikamona

Dunne

Haring

Garuccio 

Morrison 

Djoum

Lee

Mitchell

Naismith 

McLean 

Push Haring back to defence while and Djoum can play central. Mitchell is better with Garrucio behind him and attacking.  2 0 Hearts. 

Brick Tamland

Bobby      

Dikamona RCB. Dunne LCB  Garuccio LB

Haring in his usual role in front of back 3

Morrison RWB

Mitchell LWB

Bozanic and Lee in central positions

Naismith  &  MacLean up front. 

If Haring, as rumoured on here, may not make it I’d be inclined to put Bozanic in Harings role and have Djoum in the middle with Lee. 

Subs. Doyle, Djoum, Cochrane, McDonald, Wighton, Mulraney, Clare. 

Edited by Brick Tamland

loveofthegame

In 10 mins v st j you could tell dikamona is never ever a RB. Swanson got in behind him with Dikamona looking all at sea but thankfully the offside flag/Swanson’s touch saved us. Play him at CH or not at all.

I would not be surprised if we decided to play djoum at right back on Saturday. He’s an experienced player,who has  played numerous positions for the team in the past. I’m not saying I would , but if a natural right back is not fit enough I can see it . Morrison in front would give him decent cover.

22 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Zlamal

Dikamona Hughes Dunne

Morrison Djoum Haring Lee Mitchell

Naismith MacLean

This for me. Still a very strong team.