Shawfield Greyhound Racing

No Nonsense

No Nonsense

Meant to have a night out here in the land of weeg on Friday. I'm aware that its condition is not the best but was wondering whether its a good night out or not??

Anyone been?

Professor.Arturo

Only been once many moons ago, not much better than a flapper track, but you can get a few beers. Just dont bet heavy......not exactly kosher, think of the old Powderhall in Edinburgh, that will give you an idea.

conn artist

i've never been, but have passed a few times. some of the streets round it are ropey as ****. it pretty much sits between the east end and rutherglen. and there is what looks like a travellers camp a few streets away. my suggestion is take someone elses car. maybe a hobo friend could drive.

winchester 73
i've never been, but have passed a few times. some of the streets round it are ropey as ****. it pretty much sits between the east end and rutherglen. and there is what looks like a travellers camp a few streets away. my suggestion is take someone elses car. maybe a hobo friend could drive.

ha ha ha

It's not as bad as that. Pretty much the same as Powderhall used to be.

It sells alcohol,that's all you need to know.

If you're dog doesn't win, it'll probably end up being flung off a bridge over the M8. Personally, I would discourage anyone from supporting greyhound racing. You can get a beer somewhere much nicer in Glasgow.

Not been for years and it was a dump then. Got our hub caps stolen :)

Been a few times and its a great night out. Bevvy and gambling fun. The two don't mix too well so keep the gambling for fun.

Tip - allways bet on the dog to poo last, never fails for 50% of races.

Not been since I took ?330 of my hard earned to back the late great Lively Jack (powders punters will know who I mean), it baulked at the 3rd bend

Professor.Arturo
If you're dog doesn't win, it'll probably end up being flung off a bridge over the M8. Personally, I would discourage anyone from supporting greyhound racing. You can get a beer somewhere much nicer in Glasgow.

Not so much nowadays, the main race tracks are owned by Ladbrokes, Corals or Hills and the owners are paid pretty well by the big bookies. The tracks are in place for the betting shops, you dont see many punters at the actual races.

The big three bookies do have have strict controls at their tracks. Thats not to say the rules (cruelty etc) are followed 100% of the time, but to be fair to ladbrokes hills and Corals, they do try.

Archived