What's the worst thing you have won On a tombola/raffle?

Bluesy1874

As it says on the tin, I once won two hibs tickets for Easter road for Hibs vs Motherwell at a football awards ceremony.  I went with my hibs supporting mate and motherwell scored with the last kick of the ball to win 3-2 ?

On a seperate occasion at a charity event I won a clock which makes bird noises on the hour. 

Fitzroy Pointon

My sister won Eric Dier's matchworn England shirt. Not a bad prize if it hadn't been from the game they skelped us 3-0 at Wembley.  

My dad won a black and white telly in the bowling club raffle once.  It was fine when it was upstairs but when the downstairs telly packed in it was moved into the living room and was THE main telly for about a year until we got a new colour one.  Brutal.  

All roads lead to Gorgie

A bottle of soy sauce. The person behind the stall said " I know by the number it's a bottle" and I looked excitedly at the wine and whisky on the table. What a let down ?

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Slipper style things you put on whilst in the shower.

Knit your own dog kit

He said the worst thing. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Birthday cake candles. Someone had really splashed out to donate them. 

Carl Fredrickson

At a tombola stall in Cornwall I won a signed football. Signed by the Celtic "centenary" team of 1988. 

More recently at a HMFC fundraiser in Bonnyrigg, I won another signed football - this time it was East Fife!

A packet of cornflakes out of a variety pack.

The ticket probably cost more than the prize.

Edited by iantjambo

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, redjambo said:

A free facial. And no, I mean the beauty treatment.

It’s worked a treat :bootyshake:

Won countless out of date stuff. I reckon some of these items some go around for years.  How many times do people bring or give you a bottle and that same bottle goes to the next house and next house, tombola etc

I won a tin of Abalone once and everyone went nuts, they were so excited about it. The stuff is bland as

My daughter won 2 bottles of Babycham at a recent tombola. She’s 3.

Slept like a baby that night mind! 

43 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s worked a treat :bootyshake:

Thank you lucky. There's nothing like a good facial to invigorate body and mind!

All roads lead to Gorgie

I didn't win them in a raffle but I bought some cakes at a charity event and whoever had made them had used about a table spoon of salt or baking soda, totally inedible! Probably a ruse to sell more tea and other beverages. ?