FWJ

A Boy Named Crow

Did Zoe Ball not take over from Chris Evans on Radio 1 too? From memory it was an absolute disaster.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

I would have preferred Sara Cox to get the gig, but Zoe is a decent choice though.

Mind you, anything is an improvement over chris evans.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Glad its not Cox as I prefer her and get to listen to her night show still. Ball is not bad but I miss Wogan yep I said it I was a Tog.

Sexton Hardcastle

Sarah Cox is ****ing chronic. How’s she has a job in that industry is baffling. Havers utter shite on a daily basis.

been here before
14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Ken Bruce and popmaster  for me.

Absolutely. Have my alarm set for 10.28 each morning. 2 well done rolls with Cheese and Onion Crisps washed down by some cold Irn Bru kicking back listening to 'Dave who has a partner Sue and who used to play in a band and likes all sorts of music Ken, everything from Frank Sinatra to the Sex Pistols and Johnny Cash but doesnt really know anything from 2000 onwards'. Who 'when I listen to it at home gets anything between 10-25'.

Best 15 mins of the day.

3 in 10 can be a bit hit and miss though.

10 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Sarah Cox is ****ing chronic. How’s she has a job in that industry is baffling. Havers utter shite on a daily basis.

I think it was in the drive back from Cove I heard her on the radio doing an 80s show or something. Wasnt as irritating as I initially thought she would be.

Edited by been here before

3fingersreid

Ken Bruce, Steve Wright, Sarah Cox, Gary Davis, Tony Blackburn, are fine to listen to , the rest with a special mention for Jo Whiley on drive time can GTF ( Mayo used to be good but his friendship of the specky twins and the boak inducing tour of Edinburgh during this years festival with the hibs chat means he can piss off too ) 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Ken Bruce, Steve Wright, Sarah Cox, Gary Davis, Tony Blackburn, are fine to listen to , the rest with a special mention for Jo Whiley on drive time can GTF ( Mayo used to be good but his friendship of the specky twins and the boak inducing tour of Edinburgh during this years festival with the hibs chat means he can piss off too ) 

I like  Mark Radcliffe and whispering Bob too.

3fingersreid
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I like  Mark Radcliffe and whispering Bob too.

Bob's okay , as is Paul  Gambaccini , Liza Tarbuck , Johnnie Walker even Paul O'Grady can take or leave Mark Radcliffe tho .

Should never have sacked Alex Lester from the night shift slot 

20 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Bob's okay , as is Paul  Gambaccini , Liza Tarbuck , Johnnie Walker even Paul O'Grady can take or leave Mark Radcliffe tho .

Mark radcliffe should still be song the mark and lard show.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, superjack said:

Mark radcliffe should still be song the mark and lard show.

I loved Mark and Lard back in the day.

Mac_fae_Gillie
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Shame about Lester ruined the best time of the day when he left, Crazy what they did to the night slots straight after that has improved a little but only just..

Biggest hate is Feltz just can't stand her voice, for some reason the 5am slot gets these annoying posh voiced morons like Feltz or Sarah Kennedy(nutjob racist away with the fairies that one)

7 hours ago, been here before said:

She's an arsehole but her dad is a legend.

Disagree, I didn't like her Dad either! 

I like Ken Bruce popmaster and used to love the 60s show with Brian Matthew, nowhere near as good with Blackburn.  Avoid the rest of it if possible, but the wife is a fan.  Radio 6 for me the rest of the time.

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

This.

I'm really glad she didn't get the gig.

The BBC have also destroyed the drive time show by shoe horning that pretentious bint jo whiley into it. 

55 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Radio 2 hasn't been the same since The Organist Entertains with Nigel Ogden was taken off the schedule. 

.............or Sing Something Simple, on Sunday afternoons! 

Mark Radcliffe has been diagnosed with cancer of the tongue and lymph nodes.

He'll be taking a break from radio until sometime next year.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
58 minutes ago, Cade said:

That’s said to hear. Quality broadcaster and was proper funny back in his Radio 1 days

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s said to hear. Quality broadcaster and was proper funny back in his Radio 1 days

Horribly ironic too given his profession. 

I P Knightley
On 03/10/2018 at 10:07, Herbert said:

Cox or ball,some would have both.

This was really the only post worth making. If you hadn't done it, I was here to take the strain.

On 03/10/2018 at 12:40, been here before said:

Absolutely. Have my alarm set for 10.28 each morning. 2 well done rolls with Cheese and Onion Crisps washed down by some cold Irn Bru kicking back listening to 'Dave who has a partner Sue and who used to play in a band and likes all sorts of music Ken, everything from Frank Sinatra to the Sex Pistols and Johnny Cash but doesnt really know anything from 2000 onwards'. Who 'when I listen to it at home gets anything between 10-25'.

Best 15 mins of the day.

3 in 10 can be a bit hit and miss though.

He says "one year out!" with such relish that his commiseration to the contestant always sounds a bit hollow.

Quite fancy having a go on Popmaster myself.

Wily old Ken bagged the rights to the format for it and clears a pretty penny on top of his salary for it.

On 03/10/2018 at 12:40, Sooperstar said:

Screenshot_20181003-124011_Twitter.jpg

Please let that be true. I know it isn't but please don't tell me that.

20 hours ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Sarah Kennedy(nutjob racist away with the fairies that one)

Vodka on her cornflakes by all* accounts.

* - by 'all' accounts, I do, of course, mean my own wild conjecture. Based on what I've heard.

14 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

This was really the only post worth making. If you hadn't done it, I was here to take the strain.

He says "one year out!" with such relish that his commiseration to the contestant always sounds a bit hollow.

Quite fancy having a go on Popmaster myself.

Wily old Ken bagged the rights to the format for it and clears a pretty penny on top of his salary for it.

Please let that be true. I know it isn't but please don't tell me that.

* - by 'all' accounts, I do, of course, mean my own wild conjecture. Based on what I've heard.

Fear not IP. It is genuine!

EastSideJambo
20 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I loved Mark and Lard back in the day.

Mark and Lard was tremendous stuff. Some of their stuff bordered on filth 

Brilliant they were 

Templeton Peck
On 03/10/2018 at 08:25, A Boy Named Crow said:

Did Zoe Ball not take over from Chris Evans on Radio 1 too? From memory it was an absolute disaster.

Stop!

Mark and Lard took over.

Carry on!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Cade said:

He's on today, last appearance until 5 January weekend slot. 

He managed to mutter an "oh, god" at the mention of sandy toksvig however.  :)

Chris Evans owes him a lot, possibly his career.  When they were both at Piccadilly Radio in Manchester in the late ‘70s Evans, a junior, accidentally wiped an exclusive interview with Bob Geldof.  He was going to be sacked but Mark Radcliffe recognised his talent and persuaded the bosses to keep him on.

been here before
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

In the manner of....

132452359_JudyFinniganRichardJudyTVpresenterChat.jpg.f14396667827804ac10e5e01bad7d639.jpg

?

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Cade said:

Terrible news.

Here's hoping he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Highlight of any week's listening in Johnnie Walker's sounds of the seventies at 3pm on a Sunday. For 2 hours I am back there in the greatest decade for music singing along to songs I haven't heard in years. My own fault though as my vinyl continues to gather dust up the loft

23 hours ago, Cade said:

Ah that’s sad to hear. Hope he gets through it.