10 months and counting

Jocam2325

I've been going to watch Hearts since about 79 -80 and mostly have had a season ticket. For the last couple of seasons I've renewed against my better judgement and out of a feeling of duty to my dad, who I sit with in the Wheatfield.

I have renewed again this year. However if by April things are no different I won't next year.

I don't mind if we are the worst team in the league playing the dreadful fare that has been served up of late. I could even take relegation. What I can't and wont continue to go along with is the way Romanov runs things. The succession of puppet mnagers, the foisting of average players on said puppets and the clear meddling in team affairs. The lies to the fans, the way he's treated Hearts players and the humiliation he brings on the club through his blinkered approach.

So 10 months from now if still feel the same I won't be back, I won't be back until the second that things change and the club again becomes the friendly in touch with its fans institution that I used to follow through good and invariably, bad.

I agree with some of your comments.

Some will continue to renew. Some won't.

I must admit to feeling that I won't renew next April if things are the same.

I have a dreadful fear that Romanov will have spent his last chance. By that time I will positively want him out before I plough more money into the club.

Why is what happens in 08/09 going to be the breaking point? We've not had a proper manager since Burley. Surely, if you were seriously considering whether to renew or not then the breaking point will have already been reached?

What would you know about when I reach a point where I decide enough is enough. Surely If I'd reached that point I wouldn't have renewed, I hadn't when I did but I've decided by end of season I will. Is that OK mate.

What would you know about when I reach a point where I decide enough is enough. Surely If I'd reached that point I wouldn't have renewed, I hadn't when I did but I've decided by end of season I will. Is that OK mate.

I've renewed and I never considered not renewing. I just find it difficult to understand your position. We've not had a proper manager for nearly 3 years. We just finished 8th in the league. We've been waiting since January for a manager. Yet next season is the breaking point? I wasn't having a dig at you, simply trying to work out what difference another bad season will make when we've been so poor and managerless for a long time now.

A lot of hopes have been hanging on the Jan 1st statement. I full believe that if they hadn't released that when they did, the fans would have been demonstrating in a big way toward the end of last season.

We are still waiting to see what happens with that but most are not hopefull.

I suppose it's not a case of having enough of Hearts. It's having had enough of Romanov.

This season will be very interesting. The last chance for VR to redeem himself.

Should things work out really badly (on manager/team front), I will be among a vast crowd with the pitchforks.

A lot of hopes have been hanging on the Jan 1st statement. I full believe that if they hadn't released that when they did, the fans would have been demonstrating in a big way toward the end of last season.

We are still waiting to see what happens with that but most are not hopefull.

I suppose it's not a case of having enough of Hearts. It's having had enough of Romanov.

This season will be very interesting. The last chance for VR to redeem himself.

Should things work out really badly (on manager/team front), I will be among a vast crowd with the pitchforks.

I remember a lot of people saying that 07/08 would be the last chance for VR.

I also see what you mean with the January statement but surely if you were depending on that coming true then you'd wait until a manager has been appointed before renewing.

jambos are go!
I've been going to watch Hearts since about 79 -80 and mostly have had a season ticket. For the last couple of seasons I've renewed against my better judgement and out of a feeling of duty to my dad, who I sit with in the Wheatfield.

I have renewed again this year. However if by April things are no different I won't next year.

I don't mind if we are the worst team in the league playing the dreadful fare that has been served up of late. I could even take relegation. What I can't and wont continue to go along with is the way Romanov runs things. The succession of puppet mnagers, the foisting of average players on said puppets and the clear meddling in team affairs. The lies to the fans, the way he's treated Hearts players and the humiliation he brings on the club through his blinkered approach.

So 10 months from now if still feel the same I won't be back, I won't be back until the second that things change and the club again becomes the friendly in touch with its fans institution that I used to follow through good and invariably, bad.

You seemed to have forgotten the CPR era. Or when Mercer did a runner to the South of France and said nothing for months. And our entire history pre 1979 when biscuit tin blazer brigade boards ignored everybody who did not also have a Blazer. And up until around 1970 they approved the managers team on a Tuesday night before the Saturday game(yes really). Archie Martin was the most fan orientated Chairman IMO.

Broxburn Jambo
Why is what happens in 08/09 going to be the breaking point? We've not had a proper manager since Burley. Surely, if you were seriously considering whether to renew or not then the breaking point will have already been reached?

FFS I am sick of hearig about Burley, what did he actually do? He is no Doddie or even JJ

FFS I am sick of hearig about Burley, what did he actually do? He is no Doddie or even JJ

How would any of us know how Burley would've done? Lets not forget that the players loved playing for him and it would've been very interesting to see where we might've been now with 2 or 3 top signings added to what we had for the start of 06/07. No-one's compared him to JJ or Doddie that I can see.

Breaking point for me would be twelve in the league. Regardless of the manager, the players left at the club must galvanise to put some points the board early this season otherwise all sorts of nastiest could happen on and off the field. I feel the whole thing is a tinderbox with a very uneasy stand off between the Fans (with or without season tickets) and the Board of Dictator(s).

12th in the league would be a huge dissapointment but I have to say no more so than having a man in charge of the club who appears to have the financial ability to move the club on or back to where we were just under 3 years ago but appears to choose to ruin everything he initially seemed to achieve with constant meddling and ridiculous interference.

Right now I'd choose relegation and the opportunity to rebuild the club from the bottom up to the current shambles. Perhaps its a case of the grass being greener but I am at the stage where i've lost interest under the current regime.

Just give us a maager and let him do his job. Easy. It aint going to happen.

Archived