Santini applied before.

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson
Well there is absolutely no chance that Vlad will entertain him this time either then!!!

Frail and Korochtchup show is coming to town now me thinks!!!:sad:

Why? He lost out to another candidate and Hearts weren't so desperate then:rolleyes: IMO I think if he applied before, he is interested and not just putting himself in the shop window.

I can't get the page. However, who was the canditate he lost out to previously?

When did he apply, previously.

George Burley.

One of the applicants for the manager's job at Hearts was considered for the post three years ago.

talk 107 can reveal former France coach Jacques Santini lost out to George Burley in 2005.

Santini's agent has again submitted his CV to Jambos owner Vladimir Romanov.

bean counter

Someone said that he was in discussion with Dunfermline before they appointed Kenny but it fell down because they could not afford him. Don't know if anyone can confirm this ?

Cheers, thats a relief because if it was Rix..............!

I know :D

The Sun says he's Gregory Coupet's agent and he's finalising a move to Spain for him.

Jam Tarts 1874

I know it's the current bun, but if there is any truth in these figures I'm not surprised he wasn't appointed previously. He seems just a tad expensive.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article174031.ece

Published: 06 Nov 2004

By ANDREW DILLON

JACQUES SANTINI breezed into Tottenham in the summer hailing the importance of solid foundations at the club.

But the cement was still wet as the house that Jac wanted to build crumbled before it had endured even one harsh British winter.

Santini’s appointment proved one of the costliest blunders in the club’s history as he walked away with ?3MILLION in compensation.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article174028.ece

By ANDREW DILLON

JACQUES SANTINI walked out on Spurs after 13 games in charge.

The Frenchman, 52, insisted he was leaving White Hart Lane for personal reasons.

But Santini jumped before being pushed by Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, who has become increasingly concerned by the team's recent performances.

Santini’s departure followed crisis talks with Spurs senior management.

Players were left shocked by Santini’s absence from training and were finally told he was leaving at a meeting last night.

The former France national chief insisted: “Private issues in my personal life have arisen which caused my decision. I have therefore requested to return to France.”

Levy signed Santini on a three-year deal worth ?45,000 a week in the summer ? but has recently questioned his odd tactics. Santini’s failure to gel with players and lack of English did not help his cause.

Ron Burgundy
I know it's the current bun, but if there is any truth in these figures I'm not surprised he wasn't appointed previously. He seems just a tad expensive.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article174031.ece

By ANDREW DILLON

JACQUES SANTINI breezed into Tottenham in the summer hailing the importance of solid foundations at the club.

But the cement was still wet as the house that Jac wanted to build crumbled before it had endured even one harsh British winter.

Santini?s appointment proved one of the costliest blunders in the club?s history as he walked away with ?3MILLION in compensation.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article174028.ece

By ANDREW DILLON

JACQUES SANTINI walked out on Spurs after 13 games in charge.

The Frenchman, 52, insisted he was leaving White Hart Lane for personal reasons.

But Santini jumped before being pushed by Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, who has become increasingly concerned by the team's recent performances.

Santini?s departure followed crisis talks with Spurs senior management.

Players were left shocked by Santini?s absence from training and were finally told he was leaving at a meeting last night.

The former France national chief insisted: ?Private issues in my personal life have arisen which caused my decision. I have therefore requested to return to France.?

Levy signed Santini on a three-year deal worth ?45,000 a week in the summer ? but has recently questioned his odd tactics. Santini?s failure to gel with players and lack of English did not help his cause.

Doesn't sound like the Messiah we are all hoping for.

Only a Game
Doesn't sound like the Messiah we are all hoping for.

Why ?

Because he didnt get on so well at one of Englands perennial under achieving clubs. Actually his results werent that bad, it was his method of achieving results that they didnt like, because they're a flair team (heard it before?) with a track record of having no patience with managers (see also under Martin Jol, Christian Gross and David Pleat(the 1st time)).

Spurs = Losers with ideas above their station.

According to the book Believe, Bernd Schuster also put forward his cv in 2005.

He must be gutted. He'll never get the chance to manage Clum... unless he takes him to Madrid? :cool: Just as good as Robinho IMO.

Guest jambomickey

don't think a guy like that is going to take a job without getting total control on transfers,team selection and tactics

Gigolo-Aunt
He must be gutted. He'll never get the chance to manage Clum... unless he takes him to Madrid? :cool: Just as good as Robinho IMO.

Oh my sides.

Your the best.

Ron Burgundy
Why ?

Because he didnt get on so well at one of Englands perennial under achieving clubs. Actually his results werent that bad, it was his method of achieving results that they didnt like, because they're a flair team (heard it before?) with a track record of having no patience with managers (see also under Martin Jol, Christian Gross and David Pleat(the 1st time)).

Spurs = Losers with ideas above their station.

Truth is I think whoever takes the job will not be able to satisfy Vlad or the fans or both no matter how big a reputation they have.

If he's applied before, this means he's seriously interesting in coming to Hearts. We're not a lot worse off than we were when Burley came in player wise, we weren't in Europe either. So there is no real difference in the job he previously applied for.

If Vlad is serious and can keep his nose out, Santini should be signed immediately. His wages might be expensive, but Vlad is quite happy to throw money away like managers when it comes to wages.

We will not get better than this guy. Vlad will never get a better chance to pull the fans back on his side, if he can appoint Santini and give him free reign.

Saying all that, it'll never happen.

Ron Burgundy
I know I know.

Some Hearts fans would even stoop as low as judging him on mythical nationialistic stereotypes bordering on racism, before he's even got the letters JS stitched on his track suit.

Its an awfy business pleasin some people right enough.

I was actually joking but if you were inferring I was being racist then my point was either lost on you or maybe I just didn't make it very well.

portobellojambo1
In 2005, according to Talk 107:)

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=2953

I was reading something about this on the internet last night The Boo, but wasn't sure if it was relevant because I wasn't sure if he was really interested this time round, or if his agent was just fishing.

Apparently last time he was interested initially but lost interest when it became apparent he wouldn't have total control of the team, which is another reason I thought his agent was fishing, because nothing has changed on that front over the course of time since he was last interested.

Dirk Diggler
I was reading something about this on the internet last night The Boo, but wasn't sure if it was relevant because I wasn't sure if he was really interested this time round, or if his agent was just fishing.

Apparently last time he was interested initially but lost interest when it became apparent he wouldn't have total control of the team, which is another reason I thought his agent was fishing, because nothing has changed on that front of the course of time since he was last interested.

Do you have a link for what you were reading PJ1?

Ibrahim Tall

If he applied when Burley did how did he no he wouldn't "total control"? Surely Burley wouldn't have taken the job knowing the same?

Nucky Thompson

Apparently last time he was interested initially but lost interest when it became apparent he wouldn't have total control of the team, which is another reason I thought his agent was fishing, because nothing has changed on that front over the course of time since he was last interested.

So Burley knew before he took the job that he wasn't going to get full control?

Dirk Diggler
If he applied when Burley did how did he no he wouldn't "total control"? Surely Burley wouldn't have taken the job knowing the same?

That's kinda why I was asking, Doesn't make any sense. Not doubting what PJ1 says he read, I would just question the source.

portobellojambo1
Do you have a link for what you were reading PJ1?

Doesn't really help much TBTR, but the answer is nope, I cannot remember (it is why I have a huge list of bookmarked pages for myself, even to this site !!!! if I find something interesting on a site I tend to mark it, but as I said I wasn't all that interested this time round so when I had finished reading I just closed the page and moved on). It was only about two lines within a general article on him, I remember that much.

Try typing his name into a search engine and see if it pulls anything up.

portobellojambo1
So Burley knew before he took the job that he wasn't going to get full control?

I have just read the actual link on your OP The Boo, I had no idea when he originally applied for the job (although having read your link now it is possible that what I read last night had been added to the internet by someone, although I am sure it wasn't Wikipedia I was reading last night). The little piece I had read said he had applied before, blah blah, blah, but didn't mention dates.

So the answer to your question above is..... probably not.

Archived