Colin Cameron

JamboAl

Piece on Sky that he has been left in limbo with Ince's departure and is a free agent next week.

He adds that he has his coaching badges and I wonder if we should be taking him on in some capacity eg reserve team player/coach to help bring on our youngsters. Or maybe assistant manager, depending on who becomes manager. Any views?

Ivanauskas33

I would really like to see him back. Could maybe help get some passion out the players. He'd be a good role model for the young players aswell imo.

Dr. Bapswent
Piece on Sky that he has been left in limbo with Ince's departure and is a free agent next week.

He adds that he has his coaching badges and I wonder if we should be taking him on in some capacity eg reserve team player/coach to help bring on our youngsters. Or maybe assistant manager, depending on who becomes manager. Any views?

No experience as a manager.

Just because he was a decent servant for the club does not mean he'll be decent at coaching/managing.

Im sure he has moved on, maybe we should too.

His playing career is past its best, so he really doesn't have much of a role.

If he were to show promise as a coach then fine, but maybe he doesn't want to go into coaching.

No experience as a manager.

Just because he was a decent servant for the club does not mean he'll be decent at coaching/managing.

Im sure he has moved on, maybe we should too.

His playing career is past its best, so he really doesn't have much of a role.

If he were to show promise as a coach then fine, but maybe he doesn't want to go into coaching.

Souness, Dalglish and Mowbray had no experience as a manager before they were appointed and did pretty well. I did not even suggest he should be manager.

Dr. Bapswent
Souness, Dalglish and Mowbray had no experience as a manager before they were appointed and did pretty well. I did not even suggest he should be manager.

I was referring to his ability to manage players, as in coaching, not really meaning the managers post.

And yes, 3 names you mention have done ok, but there are many more that have not.

Not all ex-hearts legends are going to be as good off the park as they were on it.

It would be great to see him back at Tynecastle, a great player,he would be a good coach, with all his experience.:)

I was referring to his ability to manage players, as in coaching, not really meaning the managers post.

And yes, 3 names you mention have done ok, but there are many more that have not.

Not all ex-hearts legends are going to be as good off the park as they were on it.

I agree with that but prefer to take the same view as Ivanauskas 33. Naturally it depends on our set-up but I feel his passion commitment and experience would be of great value to our young players.

And,

Co-incidentally,

he is one of our own.

Decent shout, but its increasingly looking like we're not going to bring a manager in for him to assist. :confused:

rudi must stay

i'd accept him as manager tbh. We are getting nowhere with bigger names like McGhee, Weiss bringing in a young guy with no experience seems to work for everyone else, so why not us?

It would be great to see him back at Tynecastle, a great player,he would be a good coach, with all his experience.:)

But he has no experience as a coach:confused:

Playing bears no relation to coaching and managing is a different thing altogether.

In this day and age you are required to have your coaching badges to a certain grade to coach youngsters and then the 'A' licence to manage the first team.(UEFA are going to implement this in the very near future for all coaching employees)

Does anyone even know if he has taken those courses ?

I want the best for the club -- it is a bonus if they have played for us or have some emotional attachment to us.

In this day and age you are required to have your coaching badges to a certain grade to coach youngsters and then the 'A' licence to manage the first team.(UEFA are going to implement this in the very near future for all coaching employees)

Does anyone even know if he has taken those courses ?

I want the best for the club -- it is a bonus if they have played for us or have some emotional attachment to us.

He says he has his coaching badges, whatever that means.

Guest jambomickey

this not the time for somebody with no experience! we need a safe pair of hands and somebody with the balls to tell romanov to beat it when it comes to signings,team selection and tactics.

Just out of interest, when did passion become a Scottish only trait?

Am I giving too many credit? Is passion a trait that only Scots that have played for Hearts have?

shaun.lawson
Just out of interest, when did passion become a Scottish only trait?

Am I giving too many credit? Is passion a trait that only Scots that have played for Hearts have?

No, but if you've played for the club, you're more likely to have an emotional connection with it and understand both it and what the supporters want. Otherwise, why else do so many even successful clubs generally appoint ex-players as managers?

No, but if you've played for the club, you're more likely to have an emotional connection with it and understand both it and what the supporters want. Otherwise, why else do so many even successful clubs generally appoint ex-players as managers?

I would suggest that it is a smokescreen. In reality, I would suggest that just as many managers are successful having had no previous ties to the club as those that have. In fact, I would say that former players would lose out in that comparison.

It is (IMO) an effort by clubs to engender instant support from fans by bringing in a name they would like.

I want coaches with good coaching experience to come in, not just an assembly of former Hearts players.

No please no...he left for bigger things and I guess he made the wrong choice.

His current level in MK Dons or Raith Rovers.

All you fans who are desperate.......think about it.CC is nothing more than average.

seen mickey in lulu's about 6 weeks ago. was spkn 2 him about hearts and would he ever come back to us...didnt state in which capacity. he said he would love 2 cum back 2 us one day but as things stand he couldnt see it being as a player but didnt say he wouldnt want to cum along as a coach. He told me he thinks he has a year or two left in him of playin so dont see why he would want to quit to play in reserves. I would love for him to come back as a coach to help develop the youth here. I think his passion for hearts and the game is somethin we lack at the moment.

Broxburn Jambo

Feckin punt kingston, play Micky in midfield at least he would have some passion and bottle

Charlie-Brown
I would suggest that it is a smokescreen. In reality, I would suggest that just as many managers are successful having had no previous ties to the club as those that have. In fact, I would say that former players would lose out in that comparison.

It is (IMO) an effort by clubs to engender instant support from fans by bringing in a name they would like.

I want coaches with good coaching experience to come in, not just an assembly of former Hearts players.

I recently read 2 football books by highly succesful dutch managers, the first was Team-Building: The Road to Success by Rinus Michels, the second was The coaching philosophies of Louis Van Gaal & The Ajax Coaches.

Both these coaches built highly successful European Cup / Champions League winning Ajax sides - and both explain that a big part of that ultimate success is / was the sense of club 'culture' that was created and continued at Ajax Amsterdam by having home produced players & coaching staff - right from the youngest kids through to first team & international players who then progress to become youth, reserve & first team coaching staff.

On the playing side the home produced players in the team are the guardians of the club culture who have been brought up through the ranks in the traditions of the club.......often these players have then gone on to play for other clubs often in other countries but have been replaced by other home produced players keeping the club traditions in the Ajax first team alive.

On the coaching side and also in administrative side of the club there are many former ex-players at all levels from youth ages through to first team level - as well having taught them how to play football in their playing days Ajax then becomes where they learn to coach or stay involved in football after they stopped playing.

In a sense Ajax Amsterdam is like a university for football - playing and coaching and having a continuity of Ajax people (man & boy) is what helps keep the Ajax culture going over the decades.

Holland coach Marco Van Basten is about to begin his tenure as Ajax head coach and he was a massively popular former player who came through their system.

Recently Ajax have had some financial problems as after getting to successive Champions League Finals and moving to the Amsterdam Arena they adopted a 'Big Club' mentality and invested large sums of money in bought in players who didn't always prove to be very good value for money and the opportunities for their own academy produced players became less thus as well as being eclipsed by PSV on the pitch they have also lost their mantle as the best youth system as the best young players went to some of their rivals where they would get the chance to break through.

Anyway AJAX commisioned a report into their failures which concluded that after a decade of wrong thinking they are now moving back to re-focusing on what was their greatest strength - self reliance and doing things the Ajax way with their own people.

No please no...he left for bigger things and I guess he made the wrong choice.

His current level in MK Dons or Raith Rovers.

All you fans who are desperate.......think about it.CC is nothing more than average.

He did achieve bigger things - played in the Premiership didn't he? Certainly at top end of the Championship.

I loved watching Mickey play for us. A truly special player.

I think it would be a good coach to have in the team, might install a bit of fight and heart into the midfield.

He wants to stay where he is. Unless a better offer comes along that he couldn't turn down. He is finishing his coaching badges this summer. He has been offered a new deal with MK Dons but it is on reduced terms.

He wants to stay where he is. Unless a better offer comes along that he couldn't turn down. He is finishing his coaching badges this summer. He has been offered a new deal with MK Dons but it is on reduced terms.

Things must have changed since yesterday's story which said he had an arrangement with Ince but since he left, CC was in limbo.

Archived