Sportsound last night

Skippy Doodle

12 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Celtic are a wounded animal right now. Question is, will we, and others, go in for the kill. I’m starting to think that Rangers are the team to beat this season. 

12 hours ago, Bez said:

I think so too.

With the greatest of respect, bollocks, chaps.

Hearts are the team to beat this season.

:flagwave::waiting::flagwave:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• johnthomas

• whodanny

• The Treasurer

• Inch Hearts

On 19/09/2018 at 18:15, whodanny said:

Except, they're not Rangers. They are a club who now play at Ibrox that think they are Rangers.

Tedious .

28 minutes ago, Haken said:

With the greatest of respect, bollocks, chaps.

Hearts are the team to beat this season.

:flagwave::waiting::flagwave:

Ah, indeed. I meant between the two big clubs based in the weeg. ?

Saturday was test of our bottle and we bottled it. Tomorrow is an even bigger test of our bottle, I hope we handle it! Sitting top is class but our main chance for success this season is the cup games. A home tie, chance to get to the semi’s, this is as “must win” as we get. Scrappy one nil win will do me. 

avhudtheteeshirt

To me the league cup is up for grabs this season, Celtic are no great shakes and Rangers are still in Europe till Xmas, so whoever gets through to the semi-finals will not bother to much who they draw!

At the moment we are top of the league, but we are there to be shot at, and all the other clubs will want to be the one to make us fall on our faces!

From here on in we have to be at the top of our game at the start of every match, if we do then a cup win is not beyond us, the league?????

12 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Cringey tonight....special mystery guest...Kris Boyd. Who then talked about Celtic for literally 10 minutes before going on about his team (well Kilmarnock the team he plays for...)

I have no idea how Boyd gets away with his comments on other clubs. As someone who is still playing he should probably keep his opinion to himself as it’s very disrespectful to his fellow professionals.

10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I have no idea how Boyd gets away with his comments on other clubs. As someone who is still playing he should probably keep his opinion to himself as it’s very disrespectful to his fellow professionals.

Totally agree. Article in metro today when he talks solely about Celtic. Kilmarnock probably think it's better to have him and allow him media work than not. But can you imagine if Naismith's only media contributions were around Celtic or the rangers? 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

But factually correct

I'm sure it is but really can't understand why anyone [apart from Celtic fans] would give a flying fart

5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I'm sure it is but really can't understand why anyone [apart from Celtic fans] would give a flying fart

I do because it really annoys the life out of them . It also annoys them when you point that the old club never lost a cup final to Hibs .....,,useless ******** ?

3 minutes ago, gerryjambo41 said:

I do because it really annoys the life out of them . It also annoys them when you point that the old club never lost a cup final to Hibs .....,,useless ******** ?

Fair enough chants/songs at games against them , but on a Hearts forum it is tedious

14 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

There's no point explaining if you don't get it. But that's fine, we're not obliged to understand where each other are coming from, or to agree. I personally can't see anything wrong with slagging the rangers as a matter of course on a Hearts forum but it would be boring if we all thought the same eh?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
20 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Cos they cheated us & then  died.

13 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Cringey tonight....special mystery guest...Kris Boyd. Who then talked about Celtic for literally 10 minutes before going on about his team (well Kilmarnock the team he plays for...)

Was that the interview that gave rise to this quote on BBC Sport which is attributed to him?

"In 38 league games in 2016-17, Celtic averaged 2.8 goals per game. The 22 games of this calendar year, they have averaged 1.5. That's down almost a goal a game."

Almost a goal a game! He's no a bright laddie.

28 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Fair enough chants/songs at games against them , but on a Hearts forum it is tedious

You’re possibly right , but to me a Glaswegian who follows Hearts getting it right up the OF in anyway is great . I don’t know any hibbies through here so have to make do ?

30 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

ANYTHING that rips the Blue Cheek's knitting on here is welcome, just as with the Green Cheek!

Horrible institutions, both of them.

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Saturday was test of our bottle and we bottled it. Tomorrow is an even bigger test of our bottle, I hope we handle it! Sitting top is class but our main chance for success this season is the cup games. A home tie, chance to get to the semi’s, this is as “must win” as we get. Scrappy one nil win will do me. 

Totally agree. We absolutely must win tomorrow night. Cup revenue and Hampden trips have been far too irregular in recent times 

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

You seem to care a great deal

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You seem to care a great deal

If I actually cared surely I would , like some on here , debate the subject .

As stated previously I think its tedious . 

7 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

If I actually cared surely I would , like some on here , debate the subject .

As stated previously I think its tedious . 

So rather than "debate it", you just keep posting replies to other peoples comments :rolleyes5:

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

So rather than "debate it", you just keep posting replies to other peoples comments :rolleyes5:

Correct I've no interest in 'rangersaredead' debate . Happy to be polite and answer posts referring to my comment on the subject being tedious .

If you go on Herald website (you don't have to) even if the article is on Forres Mechanics the comments will , almost immediately , become ping pong between the 2 cheeks . Club is dead/paedos type debate . 

See no point on a Hearts forum for that guff .

Actually you are correct , I should have stopped posting after stating 'Tedious' !

Bazzas right boot

Still not convinced about Rangers.

Seem like  team that will hammer teams when things are going well but will drop points often. a kind of team that wins 3  games 3/4-0 then draws one and gets beat. They are improved and unlike Celtic have different options up front to mix it up.

Celtic seem to have issues, but the games they've lost this year are games they lost last year ( and they won the treble) and they battered Rangers for 90 minutes so can still play. They certainly have an issue with a plan b tho, they lack something in the final third.

We still lack a little bit of control and quality in the middle, the above two have that , but we are better at the back and have options going forward.

Think we'll be top after the first round of games as we also have Aberdeen and hibs at home. The second round of games is a bit harder- Celtic, Aberdeen and hibs away ( all grounds we struggle at).

All in all , who knows .

win tomorrow and on Saturday and things will be looking great.

Commons is a complete bell end and shouldn't be allowed an opinion.

9 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Correct I've no interest in 'rangersaredead' debate . Happy to be polite and answer posts referring to my comment on the subject being tedious .

If you go on Herald website (you don't have to) even if the article is on Forres Mechanics the comments will , almost immediately , become ping pong between the 2 cheeks . Club is dead/paedos type debate . 

See no point on a Hearts forum for that guff .

Actually you are correct , I should have stopped posting after stating 'Tedious' !

Tedious.

John mcCartney
11 hours ago, gerryjambo41 said:

You’re possibly right , but to me a Glaswegian who follows Hearts getting it right up the OF in anyway is great . I don’t know any hibbies through here so have to make do ?

keep up the good work gerry :clap:

13 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Then you weren’t paying attention. Rangers went bust after cheating on an industrial scale for years. They suffered no punishment whatsoever for the cheating - all the ‘punishments’ were natural consequences of the club going into liquidation. An enormously crooked deal was done to prevent them having to sell Ibrox, and the authorities tried to force the other clubs to accept them inserting the new club as far up the leagues as possible. The new club were allowed to keep all the old club’s trophies but be liable for none of their debts. Now the new club are back in the SPL, playing in the same stadium and with the same name and badge, and the authorities want the last few years to be deleted from history. This is why many of us make it a point of principle not to let them forget that all of this happened.

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

Then you weren’t paying attention. Rangers went bust after cheating on an industrial scale for years. They suffered no punishment whatsoever for the cheating - all the ‘punishments’ were natural consequences of the club going into liquidation. An enormously crooked deal was done to prevent them having to sell Ibrox, and the authorities tried to force the other clubs to accept them inserting the new club as far up the leagues as possible. The new club were allowed to keep all the old club’s trophies but be liable for none of their debts. Now the new club are back in the SPL, playing in the same stadium and with the same name and badge, and the authorities want the last few years to be deleted from history. This is why many of us make it a point of principle not to let them forget that all of this happened.

Deary me . How does that work on a Hearts forum ?

Methinks somebody , certainly , hasn't been paying attention . Pretty sure it wasn't me 

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Hear hear! 

9 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Brilliant post.

How any Hearts fan could disagree is beyond my comprehension.

30 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Brilliant post.

How any Hearts fan could disagree is beyond my comprehension.

Exactly. The only people who would be upset by this or find it tedious, would be sympathisers of either or both of the two clubs that have used Ibrox as their home ground

29 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Exactly. The only people who would be upset by this or find it tedious, would be sympathisers of either or both of the two clubs that have used Ibrox as their home ground

Hope you don't take offence when I assure you that your post is utter pesh .

I detest rangers more than any other club (even Celtic) .

You make a sweeping , ridiculous statement like that based on sheer ignorance , pathetic attempt to score points ?

Who knows , I've lost the will to live .

Now I'm being tedious , it's infectious 

10 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Best post on here in a while.

tenor.gif

8 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Deary me . How does that work on a Hearts forum ?

Methinks somebody , certainly , hasn't been paying attention . Pretty sure it wasn't me 

This may shock you, but there are non-Hearts fans who read kickback. Some even post on here.

On 25/09/2018 at 08:17, busby1985 said:

I think bottling it would have been if players hid and effort was not there. To me Saturday was just an off day chief ?

26 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Hope you don't take offence when I assure you that your post is utter pesh .

I detest rangers more than any other club (even Celtic) .

You make a sweeping , ridiculous statement like that based on sheer ignorance , pathetic attempt to score points ?

Who knows , I've lost the will to live .

Now I'm being tedious , it's infectious 

I can't for the life of me understand why a Hearts supporter would get so worked up about this.

Clearly touched a nerve

On 25/09/2018 at 08:17, busby1985 said:

We didn’t bottle it. We simply didn’t get the rub of the green. Can’t fault the players effort. Was just one of those days where every significant attempt at goal was saved or hit the woodwork. If that match was still being played now, it would still be 0-0! 

On another day, the match would have finished 3-1 based on notable chances created. 

We wont win every game. No club in Europe will. 

Its how we react to setbacks which will show us the mettle of this squad. 

I expect a good reaction tonight! ??

11 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

With respect, DR, it is agood post but not letting them forget does nothing really but tell them what everyone already knows.

Principled, yes, but nothing tangible has occured to prevent their rise to a position that the old club reside !

We still turn up at Ibrox in numbers and put money into their coffers. As do every other clubs' supporters. 

Principles are all well and fine what what have supporters..and clubs done ?

Nothing, in my opinion. Perhaps that's where the tedium chat comes from ? It doesn't make me, or anyone else a sympathiser of sevco ! That's just silly.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Radio Scotland sports report this morning had a good discussion on Aberdeen's victory last night, Celtic's match tonight and the Rangers Ayr Utd game in which they once again bigged up Gerrard's team. The presenter then said "and briefly now Hearts also play Motherwell tonight in the last of the quarter finals" 

Nothing to add to that!

42 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I can't for the life of me understand why a Hearts supporter would get so worked up about this.

Clearly touched a nerve

Indeed , even I can't understand me posting so often on a subject that bores me rigid .

Not worked up , fed up .

letsalldothebeattie
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Radio Scotland sports report this morning had a good discussion on Aberdeen's victory last night, Celtic's match tonight and the Rangers Ayr Utd game in which they once again bigged up Gerrard's team. The presenter then said "and briefly now Hearts also play Motherwell tonight in the last of the quarter finals" 

Nothing to add to that!

Doesn’t surprise me. The channel is a joke

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Nothing to add to that!

Much as I hate BBC Glasgow, I'm sure they said during last night's commentary that the programme would be based/broadcast from Tynecastle tonight so,you never know, we might get a mention tonight. I will be at the game so won't hear it however  as the uglies are playing I wouldn't bet on it.

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, EIEIO said:

Much as I hate BBC Glasgow, I'm sure they said during last night's commentary that the programme would be based/broadcast from Tynecastle tonight so,you never know, we might get a mention tonight. I will be at the game so won't hear it however  as the uglies are playing I wouldn't bet on it.

Are we the main commentary? Obviously BBC Glasgow are banned from Ibroke but I’d have thought they would be at McDiarmid for the beloved Brenda love in and Celtic 

1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Are we the main commentary? Obviously BBC Glasgow are banned from Ibroke but I’d have thought they would be at McDiarmid for the beloved Brenda love in and Celtic 

I don't know I didn't listen to the whole program just extra time and penalties then I switched off before it ended.

2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I'd would have thought so.  The draw for the semis is at Perth so would be surprised if that's not where they're based tonight.

5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

As Green Cheek game is on TV, it would be really bad form to have that as the commentary game, Shirley!

2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Hearts have been the main commentary the last two matches... unfortunately however it’s been Rob MacLean prattling on about anything other than the action on the park, and then shouting “goal” a few seconds after the crowd have indicated someone has scored. Then it takes him another ten minutes of disjointed describing of how the goal was scored before he even mentions which team it is who have the ball in the net.

letsalldothebeattie
19 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I'd would have thought so.  The draw for the semis is at Perth so would be surprised if that's not where they're based tonight.

Just seen on BBC Sport app that they’ve got St Johnstone v Celtic as commentary which doesn’t surprise me as you say draw is from their straight after the game. 

16 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

As Green Cheek game is on TV, it would be really bad form to have that as the commentary game, Shirley!

It would and is bad form as it is the main commentary tonight. But doesn’t surprise me in the slightest