Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Oh I'm not worrying. I'm delighted tonight. 

??????

You just leave the suffering to us Hearts fans.

0 times !

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm delighted to see Liverpool win, especially happy for Andrew Robertson it's great to see a young Scottish player win Europe's top club trophy. 

Worthing Jambo
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Need widescreen to see him these days, turning into a wee balloon verbally and physically 

This..how many times does he have to say “Tottenham were the better team” :blah:

Probably as many as the pundits said about Hearts last week?

Jambo, Goodbye
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

You just leave the suffering to us Hearts fans.

0 times !

Still fishing, but you don't care ??????

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Shite game. 

Happy for Klopp and Robertson. 

Look at the amount of plastics in the stands though. Footballs about identity, Scousers v North Londoners, i’d be spewing seeing these plastics in the stands having a ticket over a mate or family member who is for example a 3rd, 4th, 5th generation Liverpool or Spurs fan. 

Modern football is pure shite. It’s so ruined and these great clubs are losing their identities. I’d hate to support one of those clubs nowadays. Hearts and Scottish football everyday of the week. 

:spoton:

Jambo, Goodbye
Just now, Macros said:

I'm delighted to see Liverpool win, especially happy for Andrew Robertson it's great to see a young Scottish player win Europe's top club trophy. 

I'm really happy for Robertson. Amongst the most committed players tonight and one of the few that played really well. Not that it was difficult. He's still getting better and better too! Genuine world class full back. 

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Probably as many as the pundits said about Hearts last week?

Difference being we were the better team ??

25 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Watching the Liverpool fans post match Ithink they have been reading some of the posts on this thread.....they seem so disappointed ?

I'm disappointed because I thought  we would see a good game tonight.

Instead we got a display of eye bleeding football that made Tynecastle  look good in comparison. 

Worst final for many a year.

Worthing Jambo
Just now, It should have been ten said:

Difference being we were the better team ??

Scottish football gets bad press down here.

The pinnacle of world football, as a game, was shite! ?

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Scottish football gets bad press down here.

The pinnacle of world football, as a game, was shite! ?

Aw I know mate, lived down south for a few years and they basically think our game is tinpot. Far more passion in Scottish football fans though.

Totally agree bud, tonight was a snore fest considering the stage ??

Here we go with the Premier league w**kfest. Can't wait to see what they say next season when there's not an English team to be seen. 

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Benzinho said:

Here we go with the Premier league w**kfest. Can't wait to see what they say next season when there's not an English team to be seen. 

There's not an English team to see now ! 

English clubs maybe - participating in a Global league

These clubs have lost their heart and soul

The game is all about money - how the feck can a team be the best team in Europe when they haven't been the best team in their country for nearly 3 decades ?!

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Worthing Jambo
3 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Aw I know mate, lived down south for a few years and they basically think our game is tinpot. Far more passion in Scottish football fans though.

Totally agree bud, tonight was a snore fest considering the stage ??

The quality may not be great but as you say, the passion more than makes up for it.

Unfortunately, a lot of the coaches are now trying to copy the English style, effing boring ☹️

Jambo, Goodbye
4 minutes ago, Benzinho said:

Even more annoyed that it wasn't an Ajax v Barca final now. No way that would've been as bad. 

You're probably right.

I reckon having two clubs from the same league doesn't help. Far too familiar with each other.

The attraction to European football is supposed to be the novelty of seeing two teams, who otherwise would never play against each other, compete.

Clashes of their country's playing style, football culture etc. 

SwindonJambo
29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Shite game. 

Look at the amount of plastics in the stands though. Footballs about identity, Scousers v North Londoners, i’d be spewing seeing these plastics in the stands having a ticket over a mate or family member who is for example a 3rd, 4th, 5th generation Liverpool or Spurs fan. 

Modern football is pure shite. It’s so ruined and these great clubs are losing their identities. I’d hate to support one of those clubs nowadays. Hearts and Scottish football everyday of the week. 

That's how I feel.

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, Benzinho said:

Even more annoyed that it wasn't an Ajax v Barca final now. No way that would've been as bad. 

I was pretty gutted to see Ajax lose against Spurs on the away goals after being 3-0 up on the tie.

Would have wanted Spurs to go through if Barca knocked Liverpool out though.

Liverpool v Ajax or Barcelona v Tottenham might have been better matches.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

D8AXhdXW4AUFkWm.jpg

That's either Allan McGregor or Marcus Trescothick on the right

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Never a pen, he didn't raise his arm to stop the ball. 

New fifa rules are going to be a godsend to the uglies. 

My first thoughts. Rules brought on by arseholes many of whom have probably never played the game. He was pointing directing other players before the ball was played

maroonsgotop
9 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

My first thoughts. Rules brought on by arseholes many of whom have probably never played the game. He was pointing directing other players before the ball was played

yep. Useless ref gives dodgy penalty in 1st minute and kills game and doesn't refer to VAR. Couldn't happen here though

26 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Exactly the text I received at half time 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Shite game. 

Any images of these ‘plastics’ ? I was actually going to post that the concept of the EPL being a ‘foreign league’ had been rebutted by all the working class scouse fans in the ground, crying tears of joy as they watched their team win the Champions League.

49 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

The quality may not be great but as you say, the passion more than makes up for it.

Unfortunately, a lot of the coaches are now trying to copy the English style, effing boring ☹️

Sarri? Klopp? Guardiola? Pochettino? Solskiar? Emery? Ferguson? Ranieri? Wenger? Mourhino? Rodgers? Conte? Benitez? When was the last time a top English club had a successful English manager?

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The only flaw in your opinion is the outstanding goal scoring statistics in one of Europe’s top leagues for the last 4/5 season and at international level

Oh, the boy knows where the onion bag is, that’s for sure but he has nothing to show for banging in goals in the EPL or a third of his England goals being penalties.

Sorry, don’t rate him as highly as some in England. World class was the phrase used by commentators during the last WC.

Aye, nae bother !

vegas-voss
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sarri? Klopp? Guardiola? Pochettino? Solskiar? Emery? Ferguson? Ranieri? Wenger? Mourhino? Rodgers? Conte? Benitez? When was the last time a top English club had a successful English manager?

Think Howard Wilkinson was the last to win the title and Howard Kendall the last European trophy and Bobby Robson the last English manager to win a European trophy with anyone(Barca)

Cruyff Turn
26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Any images of these ‘plastics’ ? I was actually going to post that the concept of the EPL being a ‘foreign league’ had been rebutted by all the working class scouse fans in the ground, crying tears of joy as they watched their team win the Champions League.

Rebutted the concept of the EPL being a foreign league. Deary me :rofl:

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Rebutted the concept of the EPL being a foreign league. Deary me :rofl:

The emoji, the wit equivalent of a Wonga loan ...

The crowd I saw seemed to be entirely working class British folk?

Tottenham played with too much caution and you see this over the years in lots of different finals in different comps. 

The urgency came all too late and they’ll  have regrets.

Liverpool defended really well at times and probably had a couple of gears when needed while not playing particularly well. 

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The emoji, the wit equivalent of a Wonga loan ...

The crowd I saw seemed to be entirely working class British folk?

Aye, ok whatever. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Shite game. 

Nailed it

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, sadj said:

There are no words

0D387ECF-C459-40E3-9391-BC901EF45969.jpeg

To be fair I hadn’t seen those two abominations. I’d expect a club statement from Ann and an indefinite ban from Tynecastle if any of our supporters disrespected our great strip in such a manner. 

38 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Aye, ok whatever. 

Mr Elwood P
53 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Tottenham played with too much caution and you see this over the years in lots of different finals in different comps. 

The urgency came all too late and they’ll  have regrets.

Liverpool defended really well at times and probably had a couple of gears when needed while not playing particularly well. 

Spurs didn’t leave anything on the pitch. Once in a lifetime opportunity for that club and they didn’t even put in a couple of hefty challenges to intimidate Liverpool. None of the big players showed up. Liverpool were poor but Van

Dijk, Robertson and Allison were solid. They probably would have lost tonight without Van Dijk and Allison in particular. Kane, Eriksen, Son & Ali did very little, a late flourish aside. Interesting contrast with the Europa League Final where the first half was turgid but Hazard and Giroud stepped up second half against an anonymous and insipid Arsenal team.

3 hours ago, Benzinho said:

Expect Liverpool v ManCity/Chelsea/Spurs and Arsenal v Man U next season as well. The teams are just too good for the rest of Europe, never mind us lot..

In fact these 6 are too good for the rest of England AS WELL..?

I liked Klop comment that we can “strengthen now” WTF...

Brighton Jambo
6 hours ago, Boab said:

Oh, the boy knows where the onion bag is, that’s for sure but he has nothing to show for banging in goals in the EPL or a third of his England goals being penalties.

Sorry, don’t rate him as highly as some in England. World class was the phrase used by commentators during the last WC.

Aye, nae bother !

It depends, in the year of 2017 he scored more goals than anyone in Europe, Messi, Ronaldo etc.  In a team that as you say has not won anything.  That qualifies him as world class.  Since then he won the golden boot at the World Cup but I agree too many were penalties and against poor opposition for it to be a genuine world class achievement. 

But He then destroyed spain with one of the best centre forwards displays I have scene and scored the crucial winner against World Cup finalists Croatia.  So he’s on the cusp but not quite there.  Ironically if he players a blinder this week and scores the goals that win England the nations league that will probably put him back in the world class league.

small margins! 

Maroon Sailor

Can't think of too many players that had been out for 2 months come straight in to a team like Kane did. Should have stuck with the players that produced the miracles at Man City and Ajax.

Seemed to be more about Kane than Tottenham

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, sadj said:

There are no words

0D387ECF-C459-40E3-9391-BC901EF45969.jpeg

Love this. 

More of these guys please. The more that it winds up the fans who spend hundreds of pounds a year to earn their EPL SOOPASTARS pose around their billion pound stadiums whilst we watch flawed pros give 100% the better. 

Liverpool fans hold a banner at Tynie complaining about money in football whilst they applaud £18m Henderson (pish) being replaced by £20m Joe Allen. 

Let them lose their game.