Copil To Sign 5 year Deal

Sexton Hardcastle

Footballers are for the most part a bunch of greedy gits. Thats pretty much why players will continue to sign for us. It aint rocket science.

Professor.Arturo

I read in the paper the other day, that when we originaly signed him it was a 7 yr deal?

Ryan Gosling
I read in the paper the other day, that when we originaly signed him it was a 7 yr deal?

2 and a half with option for 5

Copil is an ideal pre-season training partner. Lightweight for Eddie's piggy back races ;)

Captain Canada

Given our worrying lack of attacking options for next season I say give him a chance in the starting line-up so he can put up or shut up. If he's that good and so highly rated surely he'll be able to cut in the SPL? His age shouldn't matter, people like Rooney and Owen were scoring regularly at his age in the Premiership (not that I'm comparing his abilities to theirs!)

CornhillHearts

Not sure he will get his 5 year extension suppose it depends what shape he is in, i think he will be freed.

"Sign and Sell"

The 2 S's Philosophy

Or to extend the philosophy:

Sign, drop, p1$$ off, leave to rot, loan, get a fraction of their value.

Guest GhostHunter
Or to extend the philosophy:

Sign, drop, p1$$ off, leave to rot, loan, get a fraction of their value.

The "D,PO,LTR,L & GAFOTV" Philosophy doesn't really work tho

The "D,PO,LTR,L & GAFOTV" Philosophy doesn't really work tho

You couldn't tell auld Vlad that, he knows how to run a football club :rolleyes:

It is heartwarming to see players who have given their all to the club rewarded for their efforts.

Toxteth O'Grady

A great bit of business, you never know when you might need a homesick back up goalkeeper:eek:

I am surprised at this news - but I assume it's to ensure we get some kind of return on him in the future.

One of the coaches told me a while ago that he thought Copil and Branny would leave in the summer - thought both were very talented but maybe didn't have the correct application, possibily due to being away from home at such a young age.

You never know - maybe he has such a rude awakening that this be the season for him after all.

There's nothing like rewarding hard working young professionals. Hearts 5yr deal policy = comfort zone central

There's nothing like rewarding hard working young professionals. Hearts 5yr deal policy = comfort zone central

Actually my mate (youth coach at Hearts) said that was a major problem - cannot get rid of some of the youngsters who are not going to make it as they are on lucrative 5yr deals and are reluctant to move on.

Actually my mate (youth coach at Hearts) said that was a major problem - cannot get rid of some of the youngsters who are not going to make it as they are on lucrative 5yr deals and are reluctant to move on.

It is so obvious to anyone in the game, I mean you might give a 5yr contract to a player who is clearly making it and is forcing his way into the first team despite experienced players being ahead of him. Someone who is making a real mark. You give 1 (or possibly 2) year contracts to youngsters who have achieved nothing and who are borderline whether they will ever be Hearts 'class'. You make sure they are hungry, look at discipline and who wants it most, competing against each in training and consistency in matches. The culture we are breeding (look at Elliot for instance) is that it's all too easy to get a long term contract and the attitude that brings is not positive.

Copil must have the same agent as Pinilla.

Pinilla hardly kicked a ball for Hearts, Copil does a runner from Hearts.

New Contract

Copil must have the same agent as Pinilla.

Pinilla hardly kicked a ball for Hearts, Copil does a runner from Hearts.

New Contract

Aye and players that DO want to play for us get treated like shecht, (Brellier, Pressley amongst others) It feels like, the moral of the story is....show a commitment and desire for the club, get shafted, show a lack of commitment, get to play games and be rewarded with generous contracts!

chester copperpot

And the firesale continues.

I know that smacks in the face of someone signing but FFS, he wasn't good enough for the U-19's, he was homesick, I just think we've done this to recoup some money.

Ryan Gosling

I know that smacks in the face of someone signing but FFS, he wasn't good enough for the U-19's, he was homesick, I just think we've done this to recoup some money.

Nae offence mate but

DUH.

Charlie-Brown

Regards the fire-sale theory - how is it possible to sell Copil (or Pinilla or Nade) unless they start making a decent footballing contribution and show their capabilities be this in the youth team or first team etc. Their value would be much less by rarely playing compared to them playing and being productive.

Regards the fire-sale theory - how is it possible to sell Copil (or Pinilla or Nade) unless they start making a decent footballing contribution and show their capabilities be this in the youth team or first team etc. Their value would be much less by rarely playing compared to them playing and being productive.

Vlad seemed to do quite well on not playing Bednar and then selling him on.:sad:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/-Hearts-in-bid-to.4215137.jp

Okay one minute he wants to leave the club the next day he wants to sign for 5 years?

Im guessing get some value on his head and sell him off ?

This seems like the agent trying to get a deal for a player who previously hated being at Hearts and was homesick. What's changed. Doubt he will get any deal but you never know what Romanov will do.

Guest JamboRobbo

Just look at Bednar or Jose.

Not just a problem with youngsters. Same goes for Elliot, Mole, Neilson etc. All on better money than they could possibly get elsewhere and Hearts would need to pay some of their contracts to help offset the loss of wages if they went to say Inverness for example.

A firesale by definition, is selling off all of a companies assets at a discount price when the company is facing impending distress or bankruptcy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Sale

Given Hearts have turned down bids so far this summer for Berra, Driver and Goncalves and are apparently actively seeking to employ a manager on circa 350,000 pa, can I suggest that 'fire sale' is completely the wrong terminology to be using?

Jam Tarts 1874
Vlad seemed to do quite well on not playing Bednar and then selling him on.:sad:

Bednar lost his place in the team because he was rubbish. How anyone could suggest that Romanov deliberately didn't want him playing is beyond me, there is no evidence whatsover to back up your comment.

Loaning him out with an option to buy was a very good piece of business. Bednar will not be scoring many goals in the Premiership.

Jam Tarts 1874
A firesale by definition, is selling off all of a companies assets at a discount price when the company is facing impending distress or bankruptcy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Sale

Given Hearts have turned down bids so far this summer for Berra, Driver and Goncalves and are apparently actively seeking to employ a manager on circa 350,000 pa, can I suggest that 'fire sale' is completely the wrong terminology to be using?

Some people only see what they want to see and are too immature to look at the facts objectively.

Martin T I think you are wasting your time trying to talk any sense on here, this site is full of kids.

Bednar lost his place in the team because he was rubbish. How anyone could suggest that Romanov deliberately didn't want him playing is beyond me, there is no evidence whatsover to back up your comment.

Loaning him out with an option to buy was a very good piece of business. Bednar will not be scoring many goals in the Premiership.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And let's stop talking about re-couping money. Players are sold and we never see any of this so-called re-couped money.

Values of bids on our players are of no consequence to me whatsoever these days.

Scam scam scam scam.

Archived