The Beat Magazine

pennyjambo22

pennyjambo22

Just opened a letter from the ticket office, informing me that the Beat is no longer to be published.

Then to make matters worse,offering me tickets to the Hull match, for the disapointment.

I cannot put into words how I feel at the way things are going and the lack of anything positive coming from our club.

Drylaw Hearts
Just opened a letter from the ticket office, informing me that the Beat is no longer to be published.

Then to make matters worse,offering me tickets to the Hull match, for the disapointment.

I cannot put into words how I feel at the way things are going and the lack of anything positive coming from our club.

Could this mean a return for Planet Hearts ?

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

Interest in the club is declining from the fan base we built on with the initial success of the team in 2006.

Not so much interest now, means that the magazine is no longer viable.

Hence its getting shelved...

I wont even be able to make the Hull match :mad:

SectionDJambo

I assume that they are offering these Hull tickets free. If so, this annoys me even more that Season Tickets are not valid for that game. Those who renewed this time were due some sort of loyalty reward for laying out their cash,given the crap surrounding the club and the general feeling that to renew was a mugs game. Instead they make out that ?12 for a friendly is some kind of bargain. Another chance to treat the punters fairly out the window. Yet, because a magazine that hardly anyone wanted has bit the dust, out come the freebie tickets.

Maybe it's just me that thinks there is something wrong here.:confused:

Graeme Russell

Subscibed to the "Beat" magazine received first issue only last season.

E-mailed a couple of times to complain- result still waiting, got my money and

then could not care less.:sad:

I only subscribed to the magazine when there was an offer on for 2 tickets to one of the games last season. If i get another two? for the hull game then that probably works out worth more than the ?26 or whatever i paid.

Any wonder it was pulled? It was overpriced mince.

Spot on. There was nothing in it, just glossy pish. They absolutely cocked up the initial subscription too.

I was a bit miffed that the Hull tickets are billed as 'complementaries' - 'refunds' surely?

Anyway that's three moans from me about nothing important. It's catching, eh?

I think people are now loathe to be associated with stuff that comes out of the club nowadays.

Like it or not, a lot of people treat anything that comes out of the club with extreme scepticism whether its the latest bollocks on the website or something like this.

Got my letter and booked the tickets just because I'm entitled to them.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it though...

Did any else have a letter dated 23th June?? :wacko:

Like it or not, a lot of people treat anything that comes out of the club with extreme scepticism whether its the latest bollocks on the website or something like this.

And that's why we will remain in big trouble whilst under this regime. They will never be trusted again and it is very difficult to see them ever re-create a feelgood factor at the club. They messed up a fantastic opportunity.

Subscibed to the "Beat" magazine received first issue only last season.

E-mailed a couple of times to complain- result still waiting, got my money and

then could not care less.:sad:

Not the only one.

Jam Tarts 1874

What's the problem? Hardly anyone subscribed to it and those that did are getting some tickets in lue of their subscription fees. Why are the pitch-forks out?

What's the problem? Hardly anyone subscribed to it and those that did are getting some tickets in lue of their subscription fees. Why are the pitch-forks out?

Some people don't want to go to a friendly to watch a bunch of overpaid monkeys wandering around a pitch on a Sunday.

Jam Tarts 1874
Some people don't want to go to a friendly to watch a bunch of overpaid monkeys wandering around a pitch on a Sunday.

Fair enough, I just would have thought that anyone who was subscribing the The Beat would be happy to put up with anything. Terrible publication.

Yip...Let's leave it til the Saturday!! :rolleyes:

And you're right about the Freindly...As bad as testimonials...Would rather stay in on a Sunday and watch "something for the weekend"...Too Far?? :cool:

And that's why we will remain in big trouble whilst under this regime. They will never be trusted again and it is very difficult to see them ever re-create a feelgood factor at the club. They messed up a fantastic opportunity.

They sure did. For a long time - actually for nearly three years now - we have been encouraged by those not too keen on comment about the football side of things to praise all the great things that were happening off the pitch - the commercial and community initiatives. But it's all just pi*sing in the wind. No-one wants to be associated with the shambles we have become. As for the money expended on the Magnificent 7 initiative - how many parents who weren't already committed to Hearts are going to want to bring their kids along to Tynecastle in the current climate?

Missed opportunity indeed. It's a shame publications such as Planet Hearts and, to a lesser extent (because it was pish), The Beat have bitten the dust, but cold economic reality has come calling. Customer base seriously eroded.

Imeantasong

If you subscribe and don't want Hull tickets, just ask for a refund.

Or do they tell you you can't get one?

If you subscribe and don't want Hull tickets, just ask for a refund.

Or do they tell you you can't get one?

They tell you to go and fu ck yourself.

I got the letter as well this morning offering me two tickets as compensation for the Beat magazines demise and the end of my subscription.....

Only problem is I never subscribed, what a dilemma!!! Do I take the tickets....

Damn right!

Rod.

I subscribed. Received about 5 issues overall.

Worst thing I've ever done.

You can't have done many bad things in your life if subscribing to The Beat is the worst :wacko:

Buffalo Bill

I bought the 'new stand' edition. It was quite glossy, well produced but the problem is that in this internet age, we have so much access to Hearts-talk that it's easy to find free of charge reading that offers no bull, no bias and no strings attached.

I rememeber 10-20 years ago searching out for the least little thing (newspaper/magazine/fanzine) that had anything to do with Hearts.

The 'Hearts News' was like an event.

Buffalo Bill

Cut The Crap

Surprised it was sanctioned in the first place to be honest.

You only had to consider how Dougie Dalgleish struggled with the Jambo and Hearts magazines back in the late 90s to see there isn't much of a market for this kind of Hearts-related pap.

Any wonder it was pulled? It was overpriced mince.

Never even bothered with it, Planet Hearts on the other hand shoud never have been halted, it was terrific. Maybe if it had been on sale around the stadium on matchdays and not just in certain shops, more people would've bought it. Pisz me off everytime I go for a paper, all I see is Rangers/Celtic shecht, I thought I lived in Edinburgh too and not Glasgow!!

It says you get tickets for the hull game based on how many copies you had left in your subscription. I was due 5 more so does that mean i'm to be offered 5 tickets for the Hull game? If so - wtf am I meant to do with 5 tickets?

Phoned up and managed to get the tickets changed for the league game v Motherwell the following weekend.

jamborleystatto

the problem i have is i didnt ever see my save our hearts dosh again,planet hearts and the beat were subscribed and both ceased before id had full value with no refund offered.

the problem i have is i didnt ever see my save our hearts dosh again,planet hearts and the beat were subscribed and both ceased before id had full value with no refund offered.

Not true jamborley. Planet Hearts wrote to all subscribers offering refund on remaining posted on JKB and other forums, and made good the promise to those who decided they needed their cash back.

We are currently dealing with one guy who slipped through the net after he emailed me this week, and have all those who opted to help us still on file for if we ever decide to bring it back in the future.

Email me on [email protected] with your details and contact number and we can look into it for you.

jamborleystatto

i did recieve letter shaun yip,i think was offered sum sort refund in way of merchandice,dont think was offered refund tho,i must stil be on file then and ok with that but its principle more than anything,the beat has made me wonder wheather subscribing to these things a good idea thats all?

Archived