Underwhelmed!!

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Underwhelmed was the reaction of so many within our support to every single signing this summer except naismith and Mitchell!! The underwhelmed anti Craig levein mob very quiet just now ? what it shows is Craig levein knows his stuff and the ones who should there mouth off on social media haven't got a clue.

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Junta said:

I cant remember hearing many folk saying this about these 2 signings.

Did say every signing except these 2

6 minutes ago, Junta said:

I cant remember hearing many folk saying this about these 2 signings.

He said except Naismith and Mitchell

been here before
31 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Underwhelmed was the reaction of so many within our support to every single signing this summer except naismith and Mitchell!! The underwhelmed anti Craig levein mob very quiet just now ? what it shows is Craig levein knows his stuff and the ones who should there mouth off on social media haven't got a clue.

So were you on here saying every new signing was going to be a success and giving us the reasons why?

If so then fair enough, if not then Im not really seeing the point of your post.

Edited by been here before

31 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm a huge CL fan but I said I was under-whelmed by many of the signings.

I looked at many and thought, league two players, not good enough for inverness and Partick, guys from Austrian second tier and Australians I'd never heard of

They looked like squad fillers to me, with the regular disclaimer that I knew Levein was a man that work to a budget and would no doubt pull off one or two crackers. He's managed a lot more than one or two and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well we have recruited

But it doesn't make you anti-Levein to have been under-whelmed by the level of player we brought in. Just means I know a ****load less than Craig Levein does about all things football....which is hardly surprising

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

So were you on here saying every new signing was going to be a success and giving us the reasons why?

If so then fair enough, if not then Im not really seeing the point of your post.

Was on here saying I trusted Craig levein and the management team who qualified to make decisions unlike some who just like to moan and be negative on social media even though they have no qualifications whatsoever 

Although the more sensible among us could see that Levein knows what he is doing, logic would suggest that not all signings from 18 would be a success.  Thankfully, they have galvanized the club but if we were being pedantic, Edwards and Bozanic have yet to prove they are 1st eleven Hearts Quality.  Burns too has gone out on loan but he was always bought with potential in mind.

However, I agree with the OP point that our anti Levein brigade are remarkably quiet.  There are guys on here and on Facebook that made it clear that they will not be back,for as long as Levein is at the club and that Budge has no clue how to run a football club.  Wonder how they're feeling this morning?

chester copperpot

I don't think we're walking the league, but I was wrong about Levein too.

Never have I been so happier. That's how it should be if you support Hearts. Give criticism by all means but admit when you're a bit of a dick. 

been here before
11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Was on here saying I trusted Craig levein and the management team who qualified to make decisions unlike some who just like to moan and be negative on social media even though they have no qualifications whatsoever 

Right so you offered no opinions other than 'I trust Craig Levien'. 

Hardly makes you some sort of insightful, knowledgable, qualified pundit that can sit there giving it the big 'I told you so' pish.

Why not just sit back and enjoy whats happening instead of trying some bizarre point scoring exercise?

If someone had told me that we would have 15 points after five games I would have had them locked up. We do have a squad with plenty of depth so we should be able to cope better with suspensions/injuries but let's not get too carried away we have two very winnable league games coming up against teams who will sit back and defend we have to be patient and not get on the players backs if it's still goalless after 60/70 minutes it only takes one goal to win a game. Craig has been shrewd with his signings so far the lad Clare will be another valuable addition if we get him but remember how things can come back to bite you on the bum and the doom and gloom merchants will be back on here as soon as we lose a game. Enjoy the moment and sèe what unfolds. 

Let's make some noise.

Edited by Ray has bus pass hooray

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He said she said pish, can we not not just enjoy this for once. 

Exactly, what is the point of this thread apart from an attempt to create division amongst the fans when we are riding high.

Edited by brux

chester copperpot
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Just goes to show what some people on here know about football.

Namely the square root of feck all.

:spoton:

I work in the industry and I know less than most :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

It almost sounds like the OP wants an internet fight!

Just enjoy the start we've had FFS. Our team looks good and we have a springboard to really achieve something.

23 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I don't think we're walking the league, but I was wrong about Levein too.

Never have I been so happier. That's how it should be if you support Hearts. Give criticism by all means but admit when you're a bit of a dick. 

That's where I am. I was apprehensive about some of his signings. However I was delighted at CL securing Demi for another season. I'm equally delighted that he had galvanised the team and united the support. Onwards and upwards.  

30 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He said she said pish, can we not not just enjoy this for once. 

This.

Why on earth would you choose to pick a fight with your fellow fans this morning? Some people just can't help themselves.

Why are some folk on here so hell-bent on provoking others? This whole practice of constant one-upmanship and bickering among our own support is utterly ridiculous.

We're top of the league, FFS! Let's all enjoy it together!

Over the years we have signed players with big reputations who have been failures and players with no reputation who have been heroes. 

Anyone writing off signings before seeing them just shows themselves up to lack basic common sense or understanding of football 

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

Over the years we have signed players with big reputations who have been failures and players with no reputation who have been heroes. 

Anyone writing off signings before seeing them just shows themselves up to lack basic common sense or understanding of football 

This

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

This.

Why on earth would you choose to pick a fight with your fellow fans this morning? Some people just can't help themselves.

Fair point , just close thread please 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Right so you offered no opinions other than 'I trust Craig Levien'. 

Hardly makes you some sort of insightful, knowledgable, qualified pundit that can sit there giving it the big 'I told you so' pish.

Why not just sit back and enjoy whats happening instead of trying some bizarre point scoring exercise?

That's the point I'm not qualified to be knowledgable or qualified like Craig levein , we had some within our support who thought they were and criticised the guy for his signings etc

been here before
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's the point I'm not qualified to be knowledgable or qualified like Craig levein , we had some within our support who thought they were and criticised the guy for his signings etc

So your opinions were a stab in the dark as were everyone elses.

Insane thread.

8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm guessing you blindly supported Cathro too then as he is more qualified than you?

Craig has got it spot on this season it seems, but the signings taken at face value didn't suggest they'd be great and it had been a long, long time since Craig had assembled a good team prior to this season. You opted to trust him, others questioned him. Neither you, nor they knew how it would pan out. Let's just be delighted that Craig did know what he was doing.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It almost sounds like the OP wants an internet fight!

Just enjoy the start we've had FFS. Our team looks good and we have a springboard to really achieve something.

Isn't that your role Geoff.........?

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, been here before said:

So your opinions were a stab in the dark as were everyone elses.

Insane thread.

No my opinion  was to back the guy who's qualified to make the decisions and the guy who'll live or die by his decisions unlike some who think there social media peps! Constructive criticism comes with the territory of being a football manager but there were quite a few within our support who were far from constructive 

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm guessing you blindly supported Cathro too then as he is more qualified than you?

Craig has got it spot on this season it seems, but the signings taken at face value didn't suggest they'd be great and it had been a long, long time since Craig had assembled a good team prior to this season. You opted to trust him, others questioned him. Neither you, nor they knew how it would pan out. Let's just be delighted that Craig did know what he was doing.

Yes I did until it became very obvious he was out his depth , situation here was some were judging the manager and signings without knowing anything about them far less see them play

'A pile of absolute shite' was the description used of our new signings by someone on here. This was after one of the early 5-0 wins I believe. Hearts fans are weird. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yes I did until it became very obvious he was out his depth , situation here was some were judging the manager and signings without knowing anything about them far less see them play

So what did you know about each signing and where had you seen them playing.

Just a brief rundown of each player will do. Dont go mad with the detail.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

'A pile of absolute shite' was the description used of our new signings by someone on here. This was after one of the early 5-0 wins I believe. Hearts fans are weird. 

This!! These ones I'm talking about , I'm not talking about ones who give constructive criticism 

Marooned Abroad
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Thankfully, they have galvanized the club but if we were being pedantic, Edwards and Bozanic have yet to prove they are 1st eleven Hearts Quality.  

As ever, JF makes sense in his post. I would only disagree with him re Bozanic. I saw enough of him yesterday in his little cameo appearance at the end to convince me he is very much up to the mark.  Had it not been for Haring’s emergence in midfield I think Bozanic would be filling that spot more than adequately.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, been here before said:

So what did you know about each signing and where had you seen them playing.

Just a brief rundown of each player will do. Dint go mad.with the detail.

What you on about ? I've already said I'm not qualified to scout players and I'm back the man who is 

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

And this is the reason this site needs a 'like' button below every post!

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Although the more sensible among us could see that Levein knows what he is doing, logic would suggest that not all signings from 18 would be a success.  Thankfully, they have galvanized the club but if we were being pedantic, Edwards and Bozanic have yet to prove they are 1st eleven Hearts Quality.  Burns too has gone out on loan but he was always bought with potential in mind.

However, I agree with the OP point that our anti Levein brigade are remarkably quiet.  There are guys on here and on Facebook that made it clear that they will not be back,for as long as Levein is at the club and that Budge has no clue how to run a football club.  Wonder how they're feeling this morning?

Yep, boy I know didn’t renew in protest. Bet he’s feeling top of the world now. Tremendous 

Marooned Abroad

I too was underwhelmed by a number of the signings but am so glad to be proved wrong, at least so far. What has been proved without any doubt is the ability of CL and his team to create a massive team ethic and this plus the support being given from the stands has really galvanised everyone associated with HHR Club. Long may it continue, and as a by the way, I think the OP is quite right in highlighting the silence of the anti Levein brigade. Some of the comments about him towards the end of last season were almost slanderous and no doubt they will reappear as soon as we have a bad result or two.

• davemclaren locked this topic