Cuprilol fence sprayer hohoho

Era Macaroons

Era Macaroons

I used the hand pump cuprinol sprayer for first part of fence and it worked fine. beware overspray though!! it can reach quite far.

went to use it again on day 2 (big fence) having washed through with water after finishing previous day and guess what ...it was blocked could not use at all, even after serious cleaning.

So I turned to my neighbour who has the motorised version,to complete the job.

I found this had a much more consistant spray and better than the hand pump action.

I get 2/3rds of the way through job and neighbour comes to chat for half and hour.......he leaves and I return to finish off to discover the 1/2 hour break had let the darn machine clog.

Cleaned through again and works fine.

Summery....yes this product has its problems but Id still persevere with it even if I only get one use out of it....DO I REALLY WANT TO USE A BRUSH ON A HUGE FENCE?? NO CHANCE, moral of the story has to be do it all in one day and dont stop or it will clog, clean through with hot water immediatley after using.

I also felt it used more paint that I would expect, but looks good and NO BRUSHING!!

Anyone else had the Cuprinol experience?

Also its quite funny when kids go past..."LOOK, theres the laughing guy"

:4_1_72:

doctor jambo

But if you have a slat fence the stuff goes into the neighbours garden

Our neighbour cuprinoled all our washing/side of house/kids toys

I was ferkin livid

The water based stuff always seems to clog up.Go for the solvent based stuff but beware of the mess.

Era Macaroons
But if you have a slat fence the stuff goes into the neighbours garden

Our neighbour cuprinoled all our washing/side of house/kids toys

I was ferkin livid

I was aware of overspray but there was nothing behind for me to damage

He must be a bit daft if he didnt notice what he was doing to yours, perhaps he could have put a sheet up at your side

did u get it off ok?

Era Macaroons
The water based stuff always seems to clog up.Go for the solvent based stuff but beware of the mess.

I didnt realise there was a choice!....I thought u just had to use the cuprinol branded paint that went with the sprayer

(I take it your saying theres 2 different cuprinols to chose from)

Were you giving it the ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

all the way through the fence coating?:)

Era Macaroons
Were you giving it the ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

all the way through the fence coating?:)

only when I spotted kids coming :rofl:

and when the guy across the road appeared with a brush to do his own fence:4_1_72:

doctor jambo
I was aware of overspray but there was nothing behind for me to damage

He must be a bit daft if he didnt notice what he was doing to yours, perhaps he could have put a sheet up at your side

did u get it off ok?

He is a bit daft, and no, it didnt come off

david mcgee

My wife bought that stuff in a nice colour of maroon.

Her plan was to paint our shed, she called me out to the garden because she couldnt get the sprayer to work.

I told her to pump it up a bit more, she did this with gusto and..............................boom!

The shed was painted, the fence was painted the lawn was painted and so were we.

To summarise.

Very fast way of getting the job done.

A great way of sharing a shower with the wife afterwards.

I didnt realise there was a choice!....I thought u just had to use the cuprinol branded paint that went with the sprayer

(I take it your saying theres 2 different cuprinols to chose from)

There are loads of colour and brands that can be used in the sprayers.They seem to work much better with the solvent based stuff because it is a lot thinner.It is obviously a good idea to purchase some white spirit to clean the machine with afterwards.Sadolin seems to be the favoured stuff.

Era Macaroons
My wife bought that stuff in a nice colour of maroon.

Her plan was to paint our shed, she called me out to the garden because she couldnt get the sprayer to work.

I told her to pump it up a bit more, she did this with gusto and..............................boom!

The shed was painted, the fence was painted the lawn was painted and so were we.

To summarise.

Very fast way of getting the job done.

A great way of sharing a shower with the wife afterwards.

Thats a scream , wish I could have seen that (the boom...not the shower!)

I was never sure if I had 'over pumped' it either....took my chances tho and survived the pending 'paint bomb' scare

Era Macaroons
There are loads of colour and brands that can be used in the sprayers.They seem to work much better with the solvent based stuff because it is a lot thinner.It is obviously a good idea to purchase some white spirit to clean the machine with afterwards.Sadolin seems to be the favoured stuff.

thanks...cheers for the tip

thanks...cheers for the tip

No Probs.

Any other DIY problems feel free to ask...

I have only blown up 2 houses.;)

Era Macaroons
be very careful what you do with the rags, this is what happened to my house when I left the rags lying around in the sun after staining my new porch. Oh by the way it was Fri 13th!

Before

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/ehy2k/608-twilight.jpg

After

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/ehy2k/61308-3.jpg

wow...heavy stuff!!

Im not sure about the charcoal colour tho....I went for Forrest Green;)

Era Macaroons
:hobofish:

;)

:eek::evilno:

:mad:

Im just in touch with nature dude

plus my choice was kinda already made for me as neighbour had painted our communal one forrest green

Archived