The coolest way to die....?

Dr. Bapswent

jamboinglasgow

was a bit worried about this when I first read about the risk but when I thought about it I think there was a worry about Y2K. People always fear about new technology and this is so exceptional that it is obviously going to cause fear.

Now 21st December 2012, thats something to be worried about.

Commander Harris

I'm fearing a "half-life" style "resonance cascade scenario".

who's going to save us from the trans-dimensional alien dudes?

If I had a choice, I'd rather go like John Entwhistle, ta very much. ;)

hehehe

You better, you better, you bet! :)

Is this thing what Dan Brown's novel "Angels & Demons" was based on?

Sounds similar anyway, even the location

Dr. Bapswent
Cool?

It sounds freakin horrible.

If I had a choice, I'd rather go like John Entwhistle, ta very much. ;)

I know what you mean, but imagine, being asked by some chick in heaven'....so what happened to you...?'

'Me?, oh....black hole.....'

rudi must stay
My brain hurts as soon as I start thinking about this type of stuff :rolleyes:

same here mate. But i understood the bit about us all dying and the earth being eaten up by a big black hole

Sexton Hardcastle
I know what you mean, but imagine, being asked by some chick in heaven'....so what happened to you...?'

shame everyone else in the world would have the same story tho !

Chad Sexington

Chick: Oh, another black holer eh? Mmmm, Do you know John Entwistle? :)

What would be the physical repercussions of getting sucked into one of them anyway?

Would your skeleton get ripped through your skin? :eek:

The planet may be prepelled to a parallel universe, which would be quite cool dependent on what the other universe was like.

Ryan Gosling
was a bit worried about this when I first read about the risk but when I thought about it I think there was a worry about Y2K. People always fear about new technology and this is so exceptional that it is obviously going to cause fear.

Why? It's a mis-interpretation of ancient Mayan culture. This black hole thing was a much bigger concern previously.

marshallschunkychicken

I'll bite.

What happens then?

Ryan Gosling
I'll bite.

What happens then?

Metaphysical predictions

2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.[who?]

Accordingly, several eclectic authors claim that a major, world-changing event will take place in 2012:

• The 1997 book The Bible Code claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, an asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
  • The 2006 book 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere.

Other prophecies and apocalyptic writings and hypotheses for this year include:

It's nonsense though. The Mayan long-range calendar ends, people think it means the end of the world. It's actually what they called the 'Golden Age' beginning, man makes steps to evolve again etc. It's interesting stuff.

marshallschunkychicken
Metaphysical predictions

2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.[who?]

Accordingly, several eclectic authors claim that a major, world-changing event will take place in 2012:

• The 1997 book The Bible Code claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, an asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
  • The 2006 book 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere.

It's nonsense though. The Mayan long-range calendar ends, people think it means the end of the world. It's actually what they called the 'Golden Age' beginning, man makes steps to evolve again etc. It's interesting stuff.

As someone who has read 'The Bible Code', and it's fantastically named sequel, 'The Bible Code 2', I think it's a load of bollocks.

I'd imagine the rest of it is similar. But intriguing. But still bollocks. :cool:

jamboinglasgow
Why? It's a mis-interpretation of ancient Mayan culture. This black hole thing was a much bigger concern previously.

I think its a load of rubbish but you can never be too sure, imagine having the olympics and then the end of the world. That would be a kick in the nuts.

Bible Code books are nonsense,

someone did the same with moby dick

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/codes/moby.html

Did the bible codes not proclaim that we would have a Nuclear War in 2006?

The author also challenged anyone to find anything similiar in Moby Dick...which one guy did. He found that Moby Dick predicted the death of Diana.

Metaphysical predictions

It seems to point towards a shift in evolution rather than the apocalypse. Maybe in 2012 we'll have evolution like the show 'Heroes', which would be cool. I hope I'll have Nathan's ability to fly...that would rock!

The coolest way to die is....................................................shot dead by a jealous Husband..................................at the age of 99

rudi must stay
Metaphysical predictions

was it not meant to end on the 06.06.06? These things all seem plausable but at the end of the day it's just a random day that won't be for ages. So if it actually is that day they can say 'told you so'

The planet may be prepelled to a parallel universe, which would be quite cool dependent on what the other universe was like.

Every decision goes against the OF. Barry Ferguson is sent off immediately after every kickoff.

A fine place to live :)

was it not meant to end on the 06.06.06? These things all seem plausable but at the end of the day it's just a random day that won't be for ages. So if it actually is that day they can say 'told you so'

Number of the beast is 616 supposedly. Years gone by it was scribed incorrectly or similar into 666.

chester copperpot

I inject heroine, life becomes good.

Scotland win the world cup, beating England on sudden death penalties after its went to 12-11 sudden death.

Hibs have went bust, again. Hearts have won the CL for the 17th time, given them the record yet again.

Vlad died, making controlling interest of Ukio heading over to me. I decided to cash in the assets, getting Roman Romanov demoted, to clean the boot boys football boots, given them guidance on how to do it.

I just bought Colin Cameron who was DNA produced from just after he signed for Hearts, scoring 20 goals in a season.

Too far I know

The Old Tolbooth

That's just no fair!

Only 7 more days and I'd have another birthday to celebrate :mad:

portobellojambo1
The coolest way to die....?

Locked in a freezer probably.

I liked this bit;

"In March, a complaint requesting an injunction against the LHC's switch-on was filed before the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii by seven plaintiffs".

Where do these people get off? This is a European facility, but these people think that they can decide for the whole world whether it's safe or not. I swear Team America: World Police was a freakin' documentary.

These are the same people who have carried out 1,054 nuclear tests (Were they not sure after the first 500? They just had to keep setting off those nuclear bombs).

If we end up being sucked into a black hole it's probably for the best. The way the west and America in particular has consumed the Earth already it'll just be like putting out the trash, the planet is just a wrapper.

What's the alternative? We all starve to death because we can't grow anything on a flooded planet thanks to global warming melting the ice caps. Or a frozen world as climate change moves us into a premature and rapid ice age. Or maybe we choke to death on the noxious fumes of greed and gasoline.

I'll take the black hole, I saw the Disney movie and it looked fun.

portobellojambo1
That's just no fair!

Only 7 more days and I'd have another birthday to celebrate :mad:

Your OK, this thing is only going to wipe out humans, creatures from Gala will be spared. :rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth
Your OK, this thing is only going to wipe out humans, creatures from Gala will be spared. :rolleyes:

Your getting me confused with my ex bitch! ;)

I liked this bit;

"In March, a complaint requesting an injunction against the LHC's switch-on was filed before the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii by seven plaintiffs".

Where do these people get off? This is a European facility, but these people think that they can decide for the whole world whether it's safe or not. I swear Team America: World Police was a freakin' documentary.

These are the same people who have carried out 1,054 nuclear tests (Were they not sure after the first 500? They just had to keep setting off those nuclear bombs).

If we end up being sucked into a black hole it's probably for the best. The way the west and America in particular has consumed the Earth already it'll just be like putting out the trash, the planet is just a wrapper.

What's the alternative? We all starve to death because we can't grow anything on a flooded planet thanks to global warming melting the ice caps. Or a frozen world as climate change moves us into a premature and rapid ice age. Or maybe we choke to death on the noxious fumes of greed and gasoline.

I'll take the black hole, I saw the Disney movie and it looked fun.

Is the glass half empty Doc? ;)

imagine having the olympics and then the end of the world.

Yes, certainly the most spectacular closing ceremony ever!:eek:

Is this thing what Dan Brown's novel "Angels & Demons" was based on?

Sounds similar anyway, even the location

Yeah. The book wasn't based on it, but it is the same place where the bloke got the anti matter.

marshallschunkychicken
Yeah. The book wasn't based on it, but it is the same place where the bloke got the anti matter.

I had a day free in Geneva a couple of years back, and could have gone to look around CERN.

Didn't do it. Wish I had now.

Anyway, the coolest way to die is to tie some strong Piano wire round your neck. Attach it to the top of the building you are standing on and then superglue your hands to each side of your head.

So you jump off, your neck is severed and you fall to the ground with your hands stuck to your head and it looks like you pulled your own head off!

Cool as anything!

Carl Spackler

This thread reminds me of that Goldie Lookin chain song with the mentions of Entwhistle and Hutchence.

Archived