Not Exactly Rocket Science

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter
Rangers' income from their run to the UEFA Cup final only just exceeded Celtic's earnings from reaching the last sixteen of the Champions League.

Figures released this morning show the Parkhead club made ?10.3 million pounds.

Rangers earned ?7.7 million from their involvement in the Champions League group stages, and an extra ?4.1 million for their run in the UEFA Cup.

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=2956

Employ a decent manager, buy some quality players, sell the inadequate players, and proceed to next step

Leave the Feck Alone For One Season, and the end result is pleasing.

Pah.

Guest GhostHunter
One season ?

VR needs to leave alone permanently.

True - but one season would be a start :D

Drylaw Hearts
The cure may be painful but at least we have the diagnosis.

And unfortunately treatment would be very expensive.

doctor jambo

Yep the solution is easy

Employ a decent manager and give him a ?30 million wage bill

That is what sets the OF aside- spending vast sums of money on players

I'm not convinced that a ?10million budget suchas ours at present will ever suffice

It may come close occaisonally, but to compete you need parity

rudi must stay
http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=2956

Employ a decent manager, buy some quality players, sell the inadequate players, and proceed to next step

Pah.

i don't think getting a 'decent manager' is that easy tbh. Sure Vlad has a track-record but the managers we have approached have shown they are pretty dishonest

By The Light..

Yes

Rangers ?11.8M

Celtic ?10.3M

Hearts nil (excl barca friendly)

well done ya muppet.

NoseLikeMahe
Yep the solution is easy

I'm not convinced that a ?10million budget suchas ours at present will ever suffice

You don't need a ?30 million wage bill to compete with Motherwell, Dundee Utd or Hibs. With a ?10 million wage bill he couldn't even manage that.

Why? Because they have competent managers, clarity of responsibility and a semblence of discipline and focus.

portobellojambo1
Yep the solution is easy

Salaries is something else, Rangers and Celtic can attract players because they tell them they will get European football regularly, no need to pay out huge transfer fees, but they can offer them decent money. In Hearts case make the conditions right and the players will come, use those players correctly and you are in a position to compete with the OF. This theory could either be classed as rocket science or common sense, I don't think it is a difficult choice so if pushed would class it as the latter.

Even with the current squad of players, we SHOULD be coming 3rd. Motherwell were the only team that impressed me last year and we proved they were beatable.

The biggest problem is a manager, end of

The Auld **** have been there for the taking for years, I dont think we need parity of wages - beat the rest and you're close, do ok against OF (if the sfa/refs let you) and you're laughing. No, not rocket science, but easier on paper!!!

Guest JamboRobbo

Pah.

Now where did I hear all that before?

And why is he only to leave it alone for one season? Leave it alone every season is what is required.

Archived