If its meant to be Frail...why this nonsense?

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

If as some say, we are never going to get a manager, and Frail or Malofeev or some ex Kaunas puppet was always going to be in charge? Then why go through the rigmarole we are experiencing with the MM and Weiss saga's?

They are just a smoke screen right?

We were never seriously looking for someone to give the job too, and it is all a sham to get the crowd behind supporting the latest puppet/Frail?

Well if thats the case, thats an elaborate approach to dealing with a simple matter.

Why not just put Frail/Malofeev in charge from the start?

I mean if they don't give a monkeys about the fans, why not just put one of them in place, and have done with it? They don't listen to the fans anyway.

But they didn't do this...why not? too dupe the fans into accepting Frail/Malofeev? .... well surely that means they do listen to the fans, because they have put in place a strategy to circumvent them... so they listen, just choose to deliberately do the opposite, to try and make fools of the fans?

Or maybe, they really are trying to find a manager, they just have been unlucky/rubbish at getting one so far.

Take your pick, its one or the other.

It just seems baffling to me how anyone can suggest that the club have deliberately organized all of the nonsense to dupe the fans. That they are deliberately and thoughtfully manipulated the fans - their customer base, over and over again with downright disrespect. Because if thats the genuine attitude, the club is in a worse situation that any of us thought.

I see on Talk107 Frail is saying he has had no contact from Lithuania and is completly in the dark about his future at the club.

What a disgraceful way to treat employees and run a football club. No matter what your opion on Frail this just highlights the shambles our club is in. Six months to prepare for a new season, what a joke.

If as some say, we are never going to get a manager, and Frail or Malofeev or some ex Kaunas puppet was always going to be in charge? Then why go through the rigmarole we are experiencing with the MM and Weiss saga's?...

Or maybe, they really are trying to find a manager, they just have been unlucky/rubbish at getting one so far.

Take your pick, its one or the other...

But it's not though, is it.

It's not just one or the other. There is a third option.

1. VR had no intention of employing a manager (as per Jan 1st statement).

2. VR had every intention but has been 'unlucky'.

3. VR had every intention of employing a manager but has refused to give any manager assurances that he will have 100% control (see RR's previous AGM statement re 80-20(?)%). Therefore, no manager will entertain him.

I'm not saying this is the case but it's something you can't overlook. Unless you want to over simplify things.

Guest GhostHunter

I wonder how long it will be before Ubig/Ukio step in to sort the mess out.

After all, it's not just VR who's getting a bad name in all of this.

Once one brick falls, the rest of the house WILL come tumbling down.

3. VR had every intention of employing a manager but has refused to give any manager assurances that he will have 100% control (see RR's previous AGM statement re 80-20(?)%). Therefore, no manager will entertain him.

I'm not saying this is the case but it's something you can't overlook. Unless you want to over simplify things.

I think no3 is close to the truth, but I do think that the club are trying to appoint a manager with some pedigree and not another Kaunus no mark.

Dr. Bapswent
I see on Talk107 Frail is saying he has had no contact from Lithuania and is completly in the dark about his future at the club.

What a disgraceful way to treat employees and run a football club. No matter what your opion on Frail this just highlights the shambles our club is in. Six months to prepare for a new season, what a joke.

Why?

The article about Frail is put together by the paper?

And it says Frail looks likely to be in charge?

And I bet its the paper asking Frail about has he spoken to Vlad.

No comment from the club themselves.

Its speculation drawn up by the press, and it seems has got you sucked in too.

Another example of the press stirring, and fans biting then turning on the club.

Well done everyone.

Dr. Bapswent

I agree this is an option, but I was focusing on the is he or is he not wanting a manger, and leaving the control debate out of it.

Why he has been unable to get one is a larger debate. And I was just trying to work out why some people could seriously think he had no intention of doing this at all.

I agree with the OP.

Season ticket sales will have plateau'd now, so why not just announce Frail's appointment if that was the plan?

Season ticket numbers will only increase now on the back of a tangy name taking the job.

Also, nothing the club has done recently suggests to me they have the nous to run such an elaborate scam sucessfully.

I know what you are saying but unfortunatley many of these press storys turn out to be fairly close to the truth.

It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest to hear that Frail has had nop contact from Vlad.

I think no3 is close to the truth, but I do think that the club are trying to appoint a manager with some pedigree and not another Kaunus no mark.

If a manager has pedigree, chances are he'll also have integrity.

We can approach a hundred managers with pedigree but unless they get 100% control, i'd bet we'll end up with a hundred knock backs.

Unless VR gives 100%, a Kaunus no-mark is all that we'll end up with.

After all, it's not just VR who's getting a bad name in all of this.

Once one brick falls, the rest of the house WILL come tumbling down.

DEX - YOUR A NAUGHTY NAUGHTY BOY. Your not suggesting VR has had a kick in from his masters? :P

For what's it worth the 'Malothief' story is a load of pash I hear.

Last time I checked, Romanov and his family held just over 50% of Ubig shares. So that would mean he would be stepping in to sort himself out! :dribble:

I know what you are saying but unfortunatley many of these press storys turn out to be fairly close to the truth.

It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest to hear that Frail has had nop contact from Vlad.

Well someone has if Frail has been told he will most likely take pre season training.Anyway Frail was told he had the gig as caretaker manager until such time as we found a new manager and unless im missing something we aint found one yet so there is no change for Frail.What else does Frail need to know as he already knows we are going to a training camp in Germany and thats when his work will begin.

I agree this is an option, but I was focusing on the is he or is he not wanting a manger, and leaving the control debate out of it.

Why he has been unable to get one is a larger debate. And I was just trying to work out why some people could seriously think he had no intention of doing this at all.

I don't think you can leave the control issue if you want to debate his intentions though. The control issue is integral to this whole issue.

"The manager, who will have full responsibilty for team selection...."

Maybe he was sincere in his search for a manager. But was he sincere with the above quote?

If he is still wanting to mantain a say in team matters, is it simply unluckiness that we haven't got a manager yet?

Again, no-one knows if this is the case but its something that can't be discounted.

Guest GhostHunter
DEX - YOUR A NAUGHTY NAUGHTY BOY. Your not suggesting VR has had a kick in from his masters? :P

For what's it worth the 'Malothief' story is a load of pash I hear.

eh ?

I don't think you can leave the control issue if you want to debate his intentions though. The control issue is integral to this whole issue.

Maybe he was sincere in his search for a manager. But was he sincere with the above quote?

If he is still wanting to mantain a say in team matters, is it simply unluckiness that we haven't got a manager yet?

Again, no-one knows if this is the case but its something that can't be discounted.

Even if he was/is sincere regarding the control issue, perhaps the old " mud sticks " saying is hindering progress.

Credible managers will seek guarantees and any involvement from above will be magnified in the minds of applicants. Rightly or wrongly but probably inevitably given the last couple of seasons.

Even if he was/is sincere regarding the control issue, perhaps the old " mud sticks " saying is hindering progress.

Credible managers will seek guarantees and any involvement from above will be magnified in the minds of applicants. Rightly or wrongly but probably inevitably given the last couple of seasons.

Good point.

Any credible manager who was going to take over a Tynie would be putting their reputation on the line.

Guest GhostHunter
Good point.

Any credible manager who was going to take over a Tynie would be putting their reputation on the line.

With few exceptions, most managers put their reputation on the line when taking up a new position.

Dr. Bapswent
With few exceptions, most managers put their reputation on the line when taking up a new position.

And many manger enhance their reputations by turning clubs round or doing good jobs at ailing clubs.

Guest GhostHunter
And many manger enhance their reputations by turning clubs round or doing good jobs at ailing clubs.

Bingo.

Guest Scottish Cup Semi 2006
Why?

The article about Frail is put together by the paper?

And it says Frail looks likely to be in charge?

And I bet its the paper asking Frail about has he spoken to Vlad.

No comment from the club themselves.

Its speculation drawn up by the press, and it seems has got you sucked in too.

Another example of the press stirring, and fans biting then turning on the club.

Well done everyone.

So when Frail takes the pre-season does it mean we are all 'trippin' - maybe the press put something in the water !!! Honestly wake up man, this is a shambles - there is no other description !!!!:mad:

Dr. Bapswent
So when Frail takes the pre-season does it mean we are all 'trippin' - maybe the press put something in the water !!! Honestly wake up man, this is a shambles - there is no other description !!!!:mad:

Duh.....

jack D and coke
I agree with the OP.

Season ticket sales will have plateau'd now, so why not just announce Frail's appointment if that was the plan?

Season ticket numbers will only increase now on the back of a tangy name taking the job.

Also, nothing the club has done recently suggests to me they have the nous to run such an elaborate scam sucessfully.

What about our director of football working incognito? The world cup stars? Gb and Pa damaging the club every day? You could go on and on. How anyone can believe a single word that comes out of the club is beyond me. I've never wore the new manager pish for a second. The man is an a*se who will not see sense. Pre-season is just around the corner and we're still a complete shambles.

Pants Shaton

The is very little difference between these two positions:

- No intention of employing an experienced manager to work autonomously

- Intention to employ an experienced, autonomous manager on the condition that he accepts the '80:20' situation.

The 2nd option certainly creates the impression of an attempt to fulfill the 1st January promise but no manager worthy of that description will submit their reputation to Romanov's caprice.

I don't think the McGhee situation was an elaborate ruse; but if he was to be offered the job on his terms why, when he pulled out, did we not pursue a manager of similar stature and experience (Levein, Davies... even Jefferies)?

(Edit: If he appointed Malofeev/Frail in May, I think season ticket sales may have been a little lower than 9000.)

Dr. Bapswent
The is very little difference between these two positions:

- No intention of employing an experienced manager to work autonomously

- Intention to employ an experienced, autonomous manager on the condition that he accepts the '80:20' situation.

The 2nd option certainly creates the impression of an attempt to fulfill the 1st January promise but no manager worthy of that description will submit their reputation to Romanov's caprice.

I don't think the McGhee situation was an elaborate ruse; but if he was to be offered the job on his terms why, when he pulled out, did we not pursue a manager of similar stature and experience (Levein, Davies... even Jefferies)?

(Edit: If he appointed Malofeev/Frail in May, I think season ticket sales may have been a little lower than 9000.)

So it was a ruse to increase ST sales. Nothing more?

They haven't considered the long term implications of this. That ST sales next year will plummet?

That the club will no longer be viable?

This is not something a multimillionaire businessman would consider?

Or does that fit nicely with the idea he is looking for an excuse to get out of the club or sell up the land fro flats? Even though the council have sought assurances and agreed the land deal on the basis that it is used specifically for the intended uses outlines in the proposal?

When a manager takes the job he will weigh up the risks.

I would suggest that majority of managers would view the Tynie job as pretty high risk. Particulary is they are not getting the assurances over autonomy that they need.

I've thought about this and can't make up my mind.

Are the goings-on at Hearts so well documented within football circles ( the pay off clauses have kept most accounts private ) that in actual fact it's a fairly safe job for a manager with a reputation?

Say Adrian Boothroyd was to take the job and after six months walk away saying that he couldn't work for Romanov, that the situation at Hearts made it impossible to do his job.

Would his reputation be tarnished or would people just think ah Hearts & Romanov, we understand?

Pants Shaton
So it was a ruse to increase ST sales. Nothing more?

They haven't considered the long term implications of this. That ST sales next year will plummet?

That the club will no longer be viable?

This is not something a multimillionaire businessman would consider?

Or does that fit nicely with the idea he is looking for an excuse to get out of the club or sell up the land fro flats? Even though the council have sought assurances and agreed the land deal on the basis that it is used specifically for the intended uses outlines in the proposal?

Maybe he just can't comprehend the comical contradiction that is searching for an autonomous manager who is willing to do whatever Romanov tells him?

The way attendances have held up at Tynecastle since 05/06 is testament to the loyalty and (blind) optimism of the Hearts support. I'm amazed he's managed to get away with it for this long. Who's to say another string of lies and paranoid rantings won't get the majority back on side for another round of ST renewals?

PresidentRomanov

The way attendances have held up at Tynecastle since 05/06 is testament to the loyalty and (blind) optimism of the Hearts support.QUOTE]

It is, but i hope you're not including yourself in that :mad:

Dr. Bapswent
Maybe he just can't comprehend the comical contradiction that is searching for an autonomous manager who is willing to do whatever Romanov tells him?

The way attendances have held up at Tynecastle since 05/06 is testament to the loyalty and (blind) optimism of the Hearts support. I'm amazed he's managed to get away with it for this long. Who's to say another string of lies and paranoid rantings won't get the majority back on side for another round of ST renewals?

Hmmm, i don't think so myself.

I think the downturn in ST sales this year is the tip of the iceberg with regards how things will go next year if things don't change.

One brief look on KB will tell you that, you don't even need to look at the figures.

Everyone at HMFC should be worried by this, including CM as at the end of the day it could cost him his job as well as loads of others too.

Which is bizarre as I think that this is the scenario that no-one at the club or the fans wants to happen.

Occam's Razor : All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the right one

Pants Shaton

It is, but i hope you're not including yourself in that :mad:

Since I've had a season ticket for 14 years and intend to go to every home match next season, I think I will.

Well done - you've got another bite.

Pants Shaton
Hmmm, i don't think so myself.

I think the downturn in ST sales this year is the tip of the iceberg with regards how things will go next year if things don't change.

One brief look on KB will tell you that, you don't even need to look at the figures.

Everyone at HMFC should be worried by this, including CM as at the end of the day it could cost him his job as well as loads of others too.

Which is bizarre as I think that this is the scenario that no-one at the club or the fans wants to happen.

I don't think so either - be it's impossible to second guess Vladimir Romanov and also the belief that some people cling to.

Guest JamboRobbo
If as some say, we are never going to get a manager, and Frail or Malofeev or some ex Kaunas puppet was always going to be in charge? Then why go through the rigmarole we are experiencing with the MM and Weiss saga's?

They are just a smoke screen right?

We were never seriously looking for someone to give the job too, and it is all a sham to get the crowd behind supporting the latest puppet/Frail?

Well if thats the case, thats an elaborate approach to dealing with a simple matter.

Why not just put Frail/Malofeev in charge from the start?

I mean if they don't give a monkeys about the fans, why not just put one of them in place, and have done with it? They don't listen to the fans anyway.

But they didn't do this...why not? too dupe the fans into accepting Frail/Malofeev? .... well surely that means they do listen to the fans, because they have put in place a strategy to circumvent them... so they listen, just choose to deliberately do the opposite, to try and make fools of the fans?

Take your pick, its one or the other.

It just seems baffling to me how anyone can suggest that the club have deliberately organized all of the nonsense to dupe the fans. That they are deliberately and thoughtfully manipulated the fans - their customer base, over and over again with downright disrespect. Because if thats the genuine attitude, the club is in a worse situation that any of us thought.

I agree it seems baffling that they'd go to all this trouble.

But, I look back to the Valdas/Malofeev thing, and I know that Valdas being "ill" was used as a smokescreen back then.

It's baffling to me why the "public version of events" as given out by HMFC and Charlie Mann, was that Valdas was ill and that was why Malofeev came in to cover, whilst the private version of events (according to Vlad at meeting) was that Valdas wasn't ill, Vlad just wanted to give Malofeev a go because he was the best coach in the world, and it'd be up to Malofeev whether Valdas returned or not.

So, they have done this sort of thing before.

PresidentRomanov
Since I've had a season ticket for 14 years and intend to go to every home match next season, I think I will.

If we have another season like the last one, there's not a chance you'll do that - be honest ;)

That particular quote is the crux of the whole debate IMO.

This was the first time that we have been told that that will be the case, unlike the well trodden Roman statement at last years AGM. If VR bring in someone and does not allow them free reign to select players (we were not told anything about transfers IIRC) from a squad then he will have a very serious situation on his hands IMO.

If he does what he says, then most would be happy. The fact that we sit a matter of SIX days away from the start of PRE (;))-season managerless 175 days after he announced we would pursue a manager is enormously disappointing. It would be interesting to see how many British clubs have lost managers and appointed a new manager within that timescale.

I find it daft to suggest that pursuing McGhee was an act, I find it even more daft that we have failed to get a manager in all this time.

Jambof3tornado
That particular quote is the crux of the whole debate IMO.

This was the first time that we have been told that that will be the case, unlike the well trodden Roman statement at last years AGM. If VR bring in someone and does not allow them free reign to select players (we were not told anything about transfers IIRC) from a squad then he will have a very serious situation on his hands IMO.

If he does what he says, then most would be happy. The fact that we sit a matter of SIX days away from the start of PRE (;))-season managerless 175 days after he announced we would pursue a manager is enormously disappointing. It would be interesting to see how many British clubs have lost managers and appointed a new manager within that timescale.

I find it daft to suggest that pursuing McGhee was an act, I find it even more daft that we have failed to get a manager in all this time.

Thats the point that grips my ****,we have been rudderless for a long time,and I am not sure if we now hold some sort of record for the club who took longest to find the right man!!! If it was going to take forever they could have got an interim manager in who has experience and knows what hes doing(ie not frail or malofeev)(or am-a-toly)

I agree it seems baffling that they'd go to all this trouble.

But, I look back to the Valdas/Malofeev thing, and I know that Valdas being "ill" was used as a smokescreen back then.

It's baffling to me why the "public version of events" as given out by HMFC and Charlie Mann, was that Valdas was ill and that was why Malofeev came in to cover, whilst the private version of events (according to Vlad at meeting) was that Valdas wasn't ill, Vlad just wanted to give Malofeev a go because he was the best coach in the world, and it'd be up to Malofeev whether Valdas returned or not.

So, they have done this sort of thing before.

During the war!!!

You can never quite let go, like a dog with a bone. The same old tedious claptrap.

VR made a statement on 1/1/08 and has not yet appointed a manager. Until he does, and starts to interfere, can we let the past rest for a little while. I think you are absolutely caking yourself in case Vlad gets it right. Vlad remember is the man you backed when you willingly bought your ST!!!!

Until he does, and starts to interfere

Unfortunately for you the two are linked. He is struggling to appoint a manager of any quality as everybody is fully aware he will never be able to step back and let the man get on with his job.

Until he does' date=' and starts to interfere

Unfortunately for you the two are linked. He is struggling to appoint a manager of any quality as everybody is fully aware he will never be able to step back and let the man get on with his job.

Not unfortunate for me. I am merely suggesting that something new was indicated on 1/1/08 and has not had the chance to work or not. If/when that fails, that would be the time to have a go.

Until he does' date=' and starts to interfere

Not unfortunate for me. I am merely suggesting that something new was indicated on 1/1/08 and has not had the chance to work or not. If/when that fails, that would be the time to have a go.[/quote']

LOL.

I have no doubt that the statement of January was true and the intent was there. I however doubt that through all this talk Vladmir Romanov has changed one iota, either the candidates who were considered and spoken to did not like what they were hearing, or in fact Vlad himself did not like what he was hearing and avoided proceeding further with anyone who may balk at his style.

It is indeed true that many managers in sports have resurrected a career, or have created a reputation for bringing poor teams back to respectability, but I would suspect these managers at least in their success days had total autonomy, and no owner interference, in fact a proportion of those who leave clubs where they have had success do so because of subsequent ownership interference.

With regard to Frail, again I hate to criticise an apparently nice guy, but it appears he is glad to hang around in the hope of picking up some bone Vlad throws. The lack of any reports do not necessarily prove he has made no effort to move on, but his lack of to date any other offer seems to indicate a lack of effort or a lack of what prospective employers require. To say he has not heard from Vlad does not mean he will not jump if called.

I will concur that there is no conspiracy in this whole managerial matter, I will submit that it is further proof that Hearts are run in a manner that is totally contrary to the way most of us perceive a succesful business should be run. The proof of who is correct will be in the ultimate results, if it is failure a few thousand people lose a historic and life long entity, and an arrogant individual shakes his head, shrugs and moves on to his next project.

I have no doubt that the statement of January was true and the intent was there. I however doubt that through all this talk Vladmir Romanov has changed one iota, either the candidates who were considered and spoken to did not like what they were hearing, or in fact Vlad himself did not like what he was hearing and avoided proceeding further with anyone who may balk at his style.

It is indeed true that many managers in sports have resurrected a career, or have created a reputation for bringing poor teams back to respectability, but I would suspect these managers at least in their success days had total autonomy, and no owner interference, in fact a proportion of those who leave clubs where they have had success do so because of subsequent ownership interference.

With regard to Frail, again I hate to criticise an apparently nice guy, but it appears he is glad to hang around in the hope of picking up some bone Vlad throws. The lack of any reports do not necessarily prove he has made no effort to move on, but his lack of to date any other offer seems to indicate a lack of effort or a lack of what prospective employers require. To say he has not heard from Vlad does not mean he will not jump if called.

I will concur that there is no conspiracy in this whole managerial matter, I will submit that it is further proof that Hearts are run in a manner that is totally contrary to the way most of us perceive a succesful business should be run. The proof of who is correct will be in the ultimate results, if it is failure a few thousand people lose a historic and life long entity, and an arrogant individual shakes his head, shrugs and moves on to his next project.

Bob

Do you see some similarity in the emboldened words. Laced with doubt, suspicion and perception.

When you submit your case to the judge as your last paragraph suggests, I SUSPECT he will throw the case out as you have no substantive evidence, merely circumstantial. Now from what I understand of your previous career you should know that someone who was guilty last time, may not be this time.

Bob

Do you see some similarity in the emboldened words. Laced with doubt, suspicion and perception.

When you submit your case to the judge as your last paragraph suggests, I SUSPECT he will throw the case out as you have no substantive evidence, merely circumstantial. Now from what I understand of your previous career you should know that someone who was guilty last time, may not be this time.

However mud sticks and Roma[mod edit] is covered in it.

If Vlad isn't trying to sabotage our manager hunt then it's sheer incompetence that he's not managed to appoint someone by now. Either ways unacceptable. 32 months without a manager is a joke.

Dr. Bapswent
However mud sticks and Roma[mod edit] is covered in it.

And VR and the press do enough of that on their own.

I really don't understand the benefits of the fans making up their own assumptions to add the mess as well.

Vlad is not trying to sabotage the hunt for a manager.

He is just wanting a manager that agrees with him.

Unfortunately, no manager in there right mind would come to hearts, without full autonomy.

And VR and the press do enough of that on their own.

I really don't understand the benefits of the fans making up their own assumptions to add the mess as well.

There is no benefit in making up assumptions but I thought that's what this place was for ? This whole thread is based on assumptions since we have no idea what's going on at the club. Your not another one who wants to deal in facts only do you ?

Bob

I think you actually have downplayed the circumstancial evidence by using the word merely. If an investigator provides enough circumstances to indicate guilt in a case the judge will and have on may occasions convicted on circumstancial evidence.

I admire your positive outlook, but in fact I was not providing a report for crimial prosecution or even civil liability. I was expressing strictly an opinion based on the original post. In fact I would say that right at this time Romanov is being tried in the Court of public opinion. The case is still some way from being concluded and having the Jury make their final decision, but I would suggest that at this time if going for a decision right now, it may be close but a Guilty decision would be a great possibility.

I have to rebut further to ask if you have direct evidence to present to influence the jury decision against the circumstancial evidence.

Archived