Welcome back Djoum

Jambof3tornado

Jambof3tornado

Great to see him back.

Shat my pants that he was going to see red.

Thought he'd slipped but after seeing it again he dodged a bullet.

Should have been a red to be fair.

Delighted to have him back.  He looks hungry and will benefit from having better players around him.

All roads lead to Gorgie

That was a red for sure but hopefully he has got that out his system and we see the player he was when he first arrived, driving us forward and being dangerous with late runs into the box. Some competition for places now in the midfield. 

14 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Not sure he merits a place in the midfield just now. Who would you drop?

No but a strong option to have on the bench which Is something we didn't have last season.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Not sure he merits a place in the midfield just now. Who would you drop?

Wouldnt drop anyone. He will continue on the bench until something changes, injury suspension or loss of form for somebody.

Great to have options. Harry will struggle for game time but think it was right to keep him with the 1st team rather than loan him out.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Welcome back, don't **** about like last time. 100% every game, concentrate on being the best player you can be for us and stop think in you're better than you are. 

Otherwise **** off. 

He should have seen red yesterday. Clearly still lacking a good attitude. He is so so capable but we have simply not had a good enough return on him.

Glad he is back. Great competition in midfield.

Definitely should have seen red through. Lucky he stayed on but I'll take all the breaks we can this season.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
10 minutes ago, Jeff said:

First time I've seen him fly into tackles, he's like a changed man. Obviously knows he needs to impress to get a chance in this team

He was flying into tackles last season before he got injured. He suffered like everyone else from the Cathro effect. Think he worked well under Neilson and came on to a game again when Levein took over. Fully expect him to be like a new signing once up to speed.

PhoenixHearts

Reckon we'll see him continue to make appearances from the bench until perhaps a home game against a weak team where we could have a little switch up.

I could see him taking Naismith's role, with Naismith himself moving up in place of MacLean.

That said, I actually really like where we've been playing Naismith in the midfield so far, and neither Haring or Lee have put a foot wrong either.

Of course, neither has MacLean, but you could make an easier argument for dropping him for a game or two. (Like we did gainst Celtic for example).

The management will be reluctant to be making any changes to a winning 11 just for the sake of it, unless a clearly better option presents itself, i.e Mitchell>Mulraney.

If however a player of Djoum's calibre does stay on the bench, well that can only mean one thing.... we're ****ing flying.

:robboyas:

Edited by PhoenixHearts

7 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

He was flying into tackles last season before he got injured. He suffered like everyone else from the Cathro effect. Think he worked well under Neilson and came on to a game again when Levein took over. Fully expect him to be like a new signing once up to speed.

Yup. He was getting proper stuck in and playing on through injury last winter. People overlook a number of factors when it comes to Djoum.

Delighted he’s back.

Squad! We’ve got a squad!!!!

So glad to see him back. Horrific tackle but the main thing is he’s back, which makes us even stronger.

He’ll benefit from coming off the bench till he gets the sharpness back rather than being chucked straight in to the fist XI. So many OPshUnSSs in midfield this year with him, Bozanic & Harry on the bench

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yup. He was getting proper stuck in and playing on through injury last winter. People overlook a number of factors when it comes to Djoum.

Delighted he’s back.

Squad! We’ve got a squad!!!!

same was said about buaben injury etc 

aborted punt to ross county and then punted so the injury-free buaben turned out not to be good enough far less the injured one 

good honest player did us a few turns and good signing overall right til the end

djoum will probably be near back to his best this season which might still not be enough to get in the first 11 which is a compliment to the others rather than a criticism of djoum  - needs a few games though to win his move to the EPL

hopefully leaves with a couple of medals 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
Just now, Smithee said:

It's easy to forget he was arguably our best player for a while, I have high hopes

probably was

11 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

It seems to be generally forgotten that he was doing really well before he got injured, an enthusiastic Djoum is a great thing to have in our team. 

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

probably was

I think so too. I only put the word 'arguably' in to avoid the possibility of getting bogged down in a pointless side argument.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It seems to be generally forgotten that he was doing really well before he got injured, an enthusiastic Djoum is a great thing to have in our team. 

:lol:

Clearly should have seen red. He is not a dirty player though, and possibly can be put down to being short of match fitness. We maybe got away with one, that is passed. However we are playing at a higher tempo and pressing quickly when out of possession this season, and while I am a fan of Arnault, I am not sure if this will suit him enough to be a first team regular. He is a talented player and maybe he will take time to adapt unlike last season when he was playing regularly before he was 100% ( IMO ), because the team was struggling, he will be eased in this time. It will take a few weeks of game time then to assess if he has a future at our club, he will be given every chance. 

I think there's ten players who make the team every week at the moment:

Zlamal 

Smith 

Souttar 

Dunne

Garuccio 

Haring

Lee

Mitchell 

Naismith 

Ikpeazu 

The extra place has been rotated a bit and its up to Djoum to battle with Cochrane, MacLean, Morrison, Mulraney and Dikamona to win the extra spot (obviously formation will also play a huge part) 

Edited by BigAlim

Djoum is hugely talented but I'm not a fan.  We have rarely seen the best of him and he hid for a few months when he should have been showing leadership pre-injury.  Lots of talent but questionable attitude in my opinion.

However, Levein rates him so let's see how he does in competition with Haring, Lee, Naismith, Cochrane and Bozanic for a slot in our central midfield.

Am I right in thinking that he has one year left of his contract?

Welcome back. Still not convinced by him to be honest. Especially now, we have got replacements. I wouldnt be disappointed of he left when contract was up. In CL i believe.

13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He should have seen red yesterday. Clearly still lacking a good attitude. He is so so capable but we have simply not had a good enough return on him.

“Clearly still lacking a good attitude”

How so?

17 minutes ago, saxondale said:

“Clearly still lacking a good attitude”

How so?

His reckless challenge on Saturday.  VERY lucky to not see a red card.  If we are going to win the league or indeed challenge we need 11 men on the park at all times.  His challenge to me showed a bad attitude.  It was not 'getting stuck in', It was stupid and lazy.  His attitude has been rank rotten for over a year.  He can do better and doesn't  - what part of this being a bad attitude do you not agree with?

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

His reckless challenge on Saturday.  VERY lucky to not see a red card.  If we are going to win the league or indeed challenge we need 11 men on the park at all times.  His challenge to me showed a bad attitude.  It was not 'getting stuck in', It was stupid and lazy.  His attitude has been rank rotten for over a year.  He can do better and doesn't  - what part of this being a bad attitude do you not agree with?

He had been on the park for 2 minutes, not played a proper game for months and was obviously a bit rusty, hardly a sign of a bad attitude 

Just now, Gumpert said:

He had been on the park for 2 minutes, not played a proper game for months and was obviously a bit rusty, hardly a sign of a bad attitude 

No excuse.  Plenty people come back from injuries and don't lunge in and assault an opposition player after 120 seconds.

Bridge of Djoum
16 hours ago, Barack said:

Good he's back.

Shocking tackle. 

He's just rusty.?

Great to see him back, hopefully we see the best of him and I suspect we will.

The following is a big reason why we are not winning anything:

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/scottish-premiership/discipline.html

We seem to challenge for this title easy enough for the past decade.  We need to improve and then just maybe we may see silverware.

Edited by i8hibsh

Bridge of Djoum

No excuse.  Plenty people come back from injuries and don't lunge in and assault an opposition player after 120 seconds.

Image result for drooling gif

We seem to challenge for this title easy enough for the past decade.  We need to improve and then just maybe we may see silverware.

That’s a big jump from djoum having a bad attitude to the entire club lacking discipline! However, we are a physical team and whenever we are successful physicality plays a big part in that, yellow cards come with the territory 

11 minutes ago, Gumpert said:

Yeah.  Odd claim that that shows a bad attitude.  Or does Naismith - who's kick out at the Celtic boy, for all it was nothing really, could as easily have led to a red - also got a bad attitude?

1 minute ago, HighTimes said:

Yeah.  Odd claim that that shows a bad attitude.  Or does Naismith - who's kick out at the Celtic boy, for all it was nothing really, could as easily have led to a red - also got a bad attitude?

Naismith gives 100%.

Djoum does not.

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not sure how up to date that is as it says hubs have 1 yellow but they got 4 against Aberdeen alone.

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I don’t agree with any of it. If anything, he is showing a good attitude as he is desperately trying to win the ball as he wants to show the fans he is committed and also show the manager he wants to be in the first 11 (which he knows himself is going to be hard with all our midfielders looking great at the moment).

To try and twist this into him having a bad attitude tells me everything I need to know about what you think of him. It sounds like you didn’t like his attitude in the past and now you will try and twist something to suit your agenda even if is abundantly clear that what you say isn’t true. But you’re not the only one that does this, to be fair.

I’d suggest giving the lad another chance before you try to beat him with a stick that doesn’t exist. He’s been out for nearly 8 months for christ sake!

22 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

Not sure how up to date that is as it says hubs have 1 yellow but they got 4 against Aberdeen alone.

Up to date as can be.  Hibs have 6 yellows on it.

Absolute Scenes
47 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

give over

You've literally not had a chance to be negative about anything and are now just picking anything to have a go

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

give over

You've literally not had a chance to be negative about anything and are now just picking anything to have a go

You think a paragraph with "If we are going to win the league " in it is negative?