Jambo Saturday

Ski Nae

On 02/09/2018 at 00:41, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

What the hell Was that?

Not sure. Was waiting for 90 seconds for it to get properly started then it was over. ???

3 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Quite clearly, it’s a Jambo Saturday, silly! 

jt74 gets it ;)

Alright, I'll explain.

First, I'll remind myself of the old addage that you should never post a message when drunk. I wasn't drunk, although I had had 3 voddies on the way home from work. I was just ****ed off with my job. I find release when I get home (and once tea's over and the kids are off to bed) in putting the headphones on and mixing music/snippets/samples/playing keyboards/guitar etc... Sometimes the music's OK, sometimes it's *****. As I say, it's a hobby into which I can escape.

I was really looking forward to the StMirren match. I put a couple of bets on (£50 on Hearts winning and a fiver on Hearts being ahead at the 15-minute mark). The thing is though, I was really knackered, as well as having been pissed off, and the voddies played their part too, so I lazily just picked the Bowie song "Drive in Saturday" to take a sample from. Even lazierly (is that a word?), I just put it on a loop and sang over it, turning "Drive in Saturday" into "Jambo Saturday".

As it turned out, it was a Jambo Saturday. As jt74 noticed.

A Jambo Saturday is when Hearts win and h1b5 lose.

I hope everyone is OK.

:)

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Ski Nae said:

jt74 gets it ;)

Alright, I'll explain.

First, I'll remind myself of the old addage that you should never post a message when drunk. I wasn't drunk, although I had had 3 voddies on the way home from work. I was just ****ed off with my job. I find release when I get home (and once tea's over and the kids are off to bed) in putting the headphones on and mixing music/snippets/samples/playing keyboards/guitar etc... Sometimes the music's OK, sometimes it's *****. As I say, it's a hobby into which I can escape.

I was really looking forward to the StMirren match. I put a couple of bets on (£50 on Hearts winning and a fiver on Hearts being ahead at the 15-minute mark). The thing is though, I was really knackered, as well as having been pissed off, and the voddies played their part too, so I lazily just picked the Bowie song "Drive in Saturday" to take a sample from. Even lazierly (is that a word?), I just put it on a loop and sang over it, turning "Drive in Saturday" into "Jambo Saturday".

I hope everyone is OK.

You sang over it yourself aye? Certainly wouldn't have matched that voice to the man I saw standing outside the main stand with the words "Ski Nae" printed on the back of his top ?.

Unless of course that wasn't you and Ski Nae is just a popular name.

4 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

jt74 gets it ;)

Alright, I'll explain.

I hope everyone is OK.

? nice one bud ??????

4 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

You sang over it yourself aye? Certainly wouldn't have matched that voice to the man I saw standing outside the main stand with the words "Ski Nae" printed on the back of his top ?.

Unless of course that wasn't you and Ski Nae is just a popular name.

That'll have been my doppelganger.

(I'll sing the melody first and use it as a guide track, then I get my daughter to sing it properly. Sometimes I keep my track, mostly it gets binned.)

PhoenixHearts
8 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

(I'll sing the melody first and use it as a guide track, then I get my daughter to sing it properly. Sometimes I keep my track, mostly it gets binned.)

"The good Ski Nae is in the lodge and he can't leave. Write it in your diary."

16 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

jt74 gets it ;)

Alright, I'll explain.

I hope everyone is OK.

Thanks mate. 

21 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

jt74 gets it ;)

Alright, I'll explain.

I hope everyone is OK.

What's the deal with the wee ladies bouncin' aboot?

And did you choose to have H&M in the background and not Topman for example?  

15 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

Please for the sake of my sanity put this in the shed, nout to do with football

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Anybody else been humming this all day?

No, thankfully I've got the original in my head.

Forever Hearts
16 hours ago, Thumper said:

Anybody else been humming this all day?

Nope. Erased completely from mind & memory after one painful listen. 

BRAVEHEART1874

I hope next week is a Jambo Saturday as players like McGinn, jack, and the big donkey certainly ruined this weeks ;) 

Dont think some on here would  even appreciate let alone heard this 45 year old song, not my fav but thought your daughter did OK. 

Just need the fist of gorgie lads tae sing that treble treble version above now tae get some atmosphere on sat :) 

Now where is that old ensonique mirage hiding ....

1 hour ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

I hope next week is a Jambo Saturday as players like McGinn, jack, and the big donkey certainly ruined this weeks ;) 

Dont think some on here would  even appreciate let alone heard this 45 year old song, not my fav but thought your daughter did OK. 

Just need the fist of gorgie lads tae sing that treble treble version above now tae get some atmosphere on sat :) 

Now where is that old ensonique mirage hiding ....

It's all good fun I agree. 

20 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Can we have 7, one for each day of the week

::troll::

In my opinion we are heading for the day when the 1st page of The Terrace will consist entirely of song threads started by Ski Nae.  I for one, I for one, will welcome that day with open arms.