Celebrating goals - What injuries have you sustained?

Craigieboy

I remember during the Rangers 4-2 league cup game. I had just had my ingrowing toe nail completely removed. Big bloody bandages & a very sore toe for about 4 weeks. Believe me, I'm wincing just typing this.

When Hearts scored the 4th, I held myself up on the back row of section E (the bar thing/advertising boards), to wave my scarf like an deranged idiot. As I fell back down to my seat, a big guy jumped up and grabbed me and in the process landed on my toe. For the rest of the game, I could feel my tae bleeding into my shoe. It was impossibly, wickedly sore.

Last season, I done my shin twice, really badly. (must have been the 2 goals we scored).

Over to you.

Pete Seeger

I've had plenty bruised shins. Not many last year due to our pathetic season. Oh and I hurt my back when I landed in the row on front, think it was during the Burley era.

Bordeaux game in France.

I was in about row 10 when the goal went in, standing on the seats. By the time I'd stopped I was in the fence at the front.

Mental doesn't even start to describe it.

My back, legs and chest were sore for days

Elbow in the heid when Fossie scaled the fence.

Oh and lost my brace at Parkhead when Allan Preston scored in a semi once. My teeth have never been the same since!!

letsalllaughathobos

was in the school end stand couple of seasons ago (right behind the goals) ball looping out for a corner to the jts jumped up on my seat went for a big heeder fell and skelped my heed off the steel railing on the advertisment boards had a big lump the size of a golf ball on my head for about a week. nasty stuff. also done my ankle felt like a right p*ick my mates still shread me for it

Never injured myself at a game before, but I did hurt my foot by volleying the radiator in the Sample Rooms at one stage of the Falkirk vs Hearts game where Pressley scored a unique hat trick. It was one of those "hurt" moments, where you try to make it look like it doesn't hurt but it is absolute agony.

Bloody foot hurt for weeks tbh. :(

Eckauskas will probably tell you the stories of the time I nearly killed us both at ER.

I'm permanently scarred from a (mystery) game in N1 Lower in 05/06.

I've cut my face open at ER, fallen down a row and sustained a number of bruises at Tynie against Dunfermline in the days when we raced them for third (we won 2-1 with 2 late goals), various cuts from the seats in front when celebrating big goals and probably many more.

Eckauskas will probably tell you the stories of the time I nearly killed us both at ER.

I've cut my face open at ER, fallen down a row and sustained a number of bruises at Tynie against Dunfermline in the days when we raced them for third (we won 2-1 with 2 late goals), various cuts from the seats in front when celebrating big goals and probably many more.

I've very nearly died.

This mod edit was the cause.

I've very nearly died.

This mod edit was the cause.

Go on - elaborate.

You know they all want to hear :D

Go on - elaborate.

You know they all want to hear :D

Well, as is the derby tradition, we were both extremely hammered before the game. So much so, we can't remember the game leading up to the goal, or anything directly after it.

Apart from this f*nny falling into the row in front and somehow pulling me down with him. This was a very scary moment, especially considering that we were in the 2nd row of the top tier.

Just got back up, however, and just kept on celebrating.

Ah, what a glorious day that was :smile:

That must've been well balls-to-the-wall.

Edit : I have a small scar on my left shin that I got celebrating a goal, what's worse is that I can't even remember what game it was in. It was against Hibs, I know that, but can't remember which time.

That must've been well balls-to-the-wall.

You would have been able to tell us, but you were throwing up, weren't you?

Have you seen us score a winning goal in a competitive match over there yet?

Rick Grimes

not at a hearts game but, broke my arm taking a shot when i was wee. football boots & skelping it as you cross a concrete path don't mix.

Remnants of Standards

loving this thread.

also had a near miss re the grim reaper in '84. i was but a slip of a lad watching us slide to a 2-0 defeat to rangers, (i think booby williamson scored) and making my way to the school end exit with everyone else.

there was a big build up of folk there as we pulled one back (Derek O'Conner??).

People were still slipping away though thinking it was a consolation until wee Robbo wheeled and turned a shot past Nicky Walker no less, to leave Dave Macpherson and Sandy Clark , then playing for the Dark Side, rather peeved to say the least.

I dont think i've (Fozzie against Hibs in '94 excepted, or mabye Bordeaux, or the cup final '98) experienced such an outpouring of emotion from Hearts fans.

I was trapped down at the fence where all around me, grown men were going absolutely mental. I remember my face being ground into the metal fencing thinking "Goodbye cruel world - but at least I'll die at Tynie!"

Thankfully it all settled down after what seemed an eternity, but that game still stands out for me as to when Hearts had a fightbackability all too sadly lacking in today's imposters.

Buffalo Bill

I was in quite a lot of pain when Adam scored the winner in the '98 semi V Falkirk having booted the seat in front of me a couple of minutes earlier.

I also had a sixteen stone man lying on top of me on the Dunbar Tearrace seconds after Fozzie scored against Hibs.

Buffalo Bill

Bordeaux game in France.

I was in about row 10 when the goal went in, standing on the seats. By the time I'd stopped I was in the fence at the front.

i was there tae first european gme away and when we scored a must have fell about 5 rows very very sore haha well worht it thou :P:p:107years:

Tynecastle Valhalla

I remember back in the late 80s we beat dundee utd 2-0 at tynie and I was in the main stand. levein scored a goal and the guy in front of me turned round to give me a hug and elbowed me in the balls. i was just a lad but the pain still stands.

also had roasting hot bovril spilled on my neck when bednar scored against rangers at tynie 1-0. dont know how there is no scar.

when we beat stuttgart one of my mates fell down the stairs when we scored our 3rd goal and crack his head open.

I remember back in the late 80s we beat dundee utd 2-0 at tynie and I was in the main stand. levein scored a goal and the guy in front of me turned round to give me a hug and elbowed me in the balls. i was just a lad but the pain still stands.

also had roasting hot bovril spilled on my neck when bednar scored against rangers at tynie 1-0. dont know how there is no scar.

when we beat stuttgart one of my mates fell down the stairs when we scored our 3rd goal and crack his head open.

WTF was the boy doing with bovril in September??

IIRC it was a glorious day too!

Corrie Jambo

My one COULD have had serious implications but fortunatley for me I stopped just in time.

I was in the Main Stand upper level at the Gorgie end - DeVries had just scored his fourth against the wee team and I ran down many stairs to celebrate and jumped up onto the barrier balancing myself in time and luckily not falling into the Main Stand Lower level....

It would have been worth it but not for the guy I would have crushed in my fall. Great Memories.

Doctor FinnBarr
WTF was the boy doing with bovril in September??

IIRC it was a glorious day too!

Maybe he likes bovril, I know I do, in fact I,m starting to dribble now!

:dribble:

I don't know if this counts but I watched the Braga (away) game at home all on my lonesome and when the final whistle went I jumped up and down like a loony. The wife came through to see what all the noise was about just after I'd completely smashed one of the light fittings into tiny little pieces and cut the top of my head open.

Undiscouraged, I went out to celebrate :rolleyes:

Sexton Hardcastle

I remember being in the Orwell for the Uefa cup game V's Basle. We got there quiet early but the function room was already packed. There were plenty of chairs near the front but all were take so people began to take more out of a cupboard near the bar. So by the time the game had kicked off the whole room/ dance floor pretty much had chairs covered.

We all know what happens ala Robbies goal. Queue chairs going flying, bodies falling drinks launched and us falling in amongst the carnage. After things had cooled down and whistle had gone and the crowds had left we began to search for our mate who had been lost in amongst the celebrations. We found him under a pile of chairs/ up turned table soaking wet. What a wild nite that was.

Broke my ankle in the old terracing at Fester Road after Iain Jardines goal, managed to stay until the final whistle though and then got carried across the pitch John Greig who was a radio pundit at the time was in the tunnel,his words were "never mind hen, at least we beat them":)

marshallschunkychicken

A mate jumped on me at the 4-0 semi, and nearly broke my back. I felt something crack, and then found that I couldn't actually breath.

Couldn't sleep or get comfortable for about three weeks afterwards.

Totally worth it.

...also had roasting hot bovril spilled on my neck when bednar scored against rangers at tynie 1-0. dont know how there is no scar...

I'm the cause of my mate getting his just bought, scalding hot coffee all over his coupon in Perth for a mid week game many moons ago.

Luckily, none of the coffee splashback reached me or my clothes.

Guest Dipped Flake
Elbow in the heid when Fossie scaled the fence.

Oh and lost my brace at Parkhead when Allan Preston scored in a semi once. My teeth have never been the same since!!

Same game for me, went flying down the terracing when Fozzie scored and twisted my ankle. Never felt a thing though as I hobbled down easter road after the game back to my house in sunny Leith

Nothing more than bruised or skinned shins from the seats in front for me. However I did leap up to celebrate a goal, caught my Dad in the face with a flying arm, smashed his glasses and cut his nose.

It was ok though, I was fine. Didn't hurt my hand at all. ;)

duckandcover

I broke my knuckle by punching a wall at ER when Riordan scored against us once, stayed in for the whole game in total agony before taking a trip to the Western after the game.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I fell backwards over my seat a couple of seasons ago when we scored (against Celtic I think), my mate had thrown his arms out and whacked me in the chest, sending me flying! Another time I sort of got pushed back against my seat but I was still trying to jump up and down and I cut the backs of both legs on my seat.

Bordeaux game in France.

Hmmm you could be one of the folk me and my 3 mates grabbed when the goal went in and ended up rolling down the steps very painful and funny.

Cut my hand falling when Herr Stamper scored the equaliser at ER and gave myself a fair clock on the head when Weir scored the 4-4 as i fell over the barrier onto the walk way in Section F.

Sexton Hardcastle

Talking of stamps goal at easter road, has anyone seen the highlights of the celebrations ( on the "late late show" dvd). The camera pans into the crowd as stamp jumps the advertising hoardings. You see a group of lads charging down the stairs. one of them a quite big fella in your danny dyer gear has a burrbery/aquascutum scarf. As he runs down another boy runs up the stairs and catches his scarf in his arm by accident. you see the big fellas face. Its a picture as he realises his beloved scarf is traveling inthe opposite direction. Give it a swatch if you can. Was actualyl wetting myself watching it over and over again.

A certain jkb poster, upthehill, likes to try and throw you over as many rows of seats as possible when Hearts score. The biggest problem is that he does this against any opposition and at any score-line. He generally fails to throw you into the poor guys below you, but it's guaranteed you hit the seat backs infront of you pretty hard resulting in a very sore shin!

Off topic: This is the same upthehill who at Athens, suddenly came to and asked "Why are we singing We've Only Got Nine Men?" Erm, because we've only got nine men mate.... Ha Ha Ha Ha!!

Dr Ian Malcolm

Back in the day when I had my ear peirced (was around 15 so I can put it down to youthful stupidity) and was at Scotland Germnay at Hampden. Kenny Miller equalises and as usual, everyone goes mental. My mates arm comes across, I assume to hug me in a state of delirium, but instead it rips the earring out my ear. Everyone else from our supporters bus carries on celebrating whilst I'm sitting shouting in agony with blood pouring down one side of my face/kneck.

Ripped ma earing out whilst celebrating scoring against Celtic,dont know how many time i'v bruised my shins and gave my neice a black eye when we scored the winner against hibs,oh and the semi final in 98 my bro hugged me so hard i had to go to hosi 3 days later and had bruised ribs

maroonlegions

4-4 game at tynie against the hobos, when weir scored the 4th this lad from about 2 rows up came ab sailing right on top of me , i was right behind the hobo players dugoot , he ended up face down at my feet ,had a sore neck for days because of this lunatic.:107years:

Also, the equaliser in the CIS semi with Motherwell.

I was in the East Stand that night and anyone who was also in there will tell you just how ****ing nuts it was when the 2nd one went in.

I dunno where I ended up, but I had a broken bone in my foot after that.

tommythejambo

My shins took an absolute beating down there that season. Can still feel all teh dents in them.

Boab Mugabe

Was in N1 for the 02/03 season. It was customary then for important goals we scored to be greeted with an Argie style charge towards the away support.

I had been relatively unscathed considering how mental we all went until a game against Celtic where someone called Austin McCann won it for us with an absolute peach in the last minute. My foot slipped from the seat in front as I was getting ready for a charge. I was sprawled over the row in front, which meant I was subjected to a trampling from the rest of N1!

Had detailed shoe marks accross my back for weeks. Well, well worth it! :)

Archived