Kenny Miller Quits

Never Let Them Forget

Having read this thread carefully I'd love to see him at the Giro.  He and Lennon would be like brothers and he'd be a perfect replacement for Stokesey.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• RobNox

• jacklivi1874

• SwindonJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

Yeah, he was convicted in 2006 (I think) on a drugs charge. He got 6 years or something.

'KIN HELL :omg:

Edit :

SFA show no backbone as usual

A source close to the club said: “Martindale was brought to the club by a third party, who asked if he could coach on a voluntary basis to help with him completing his badges.

“Disclosure Scotland were asked for details of his record and, after that, the Scottish FA were approached.

“As far as the SFA were concerned, it was a matter for the club.”

On Livingston’s official website Martindale is described as an “assistant coach”.

His beaming official photograph which features alongside former Scotland internationals Mark Burchill and David Hopkin is in stark contrast to the police mug-shot that was issued after he admitted drug trafficking at the High Court in Glasgow in 2006.

The club’s charter says staff are subject to a 15-point code of conduct and are expected “to pay particular care to the moral aspect of their conduct”.

It adds that “coaches must provide guidance and support to players on the dangers of drug abuse” and they “must consistently display high standards of behaviour and appearance”.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Be really interested if anyone has the full story about Martindale. Sportsound were suggesting he has put money into the club, and that's why he has his coaching role. 

I went to uni with him for a few months. He'd have been early 30s at the time. He used to roll in in a bmw, seemed a nice guy. We were all a bit shocked when the drugs thing came out halfway through first year. 

I know he owned a pub or a hotel. But how does any of that get you to be the assistant manager at an SPL side? 

2 hours ago, Van Wilder said:

That's horrific.

And he passes the fit and proper person test?

What a joke.

After King, I think we can all agree there is no fit and proper test to speak of...