Most arrogant/annoying nationality..

Morgan

Would we be displaying a certain amount of arrogance in passing judgement on others. I remember once my boss during an appraisal interview telling me its nothing to do with your work, thats all good, its your arrogance.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• John Findlay

• Geoff the Mince

• ri Alban

1 minute ago, bobsharp said:

Would we be displaying a certain amount of arrogance in passing judgement on others. I remember once my boss during an appraisal interview telling me its nothing to do with your work, thats all good, its your arrogance.

A wee bit arrogance can be a useful tool Bob but too much can be a real pain in a person.

Assertiveness can sometimes be misconstrued as arrogance but in reality they are two very different things.

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Mills and Boon eat yet heart out. 

Mods!!!

Please change @Tazio s username to Romeo.

Cheers.

Edited by Morgan

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I used to go out with a girl with a broad Yorkshire accent. Fair to say it isn’t the best for talk during sex. “Ooh, do that agin it feels reet good”

A woman of substance.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

A woman of substance.

Speaking of arrogant - here’s John.

:wink: :whistling: 

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Romeo Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo? the Yorkshire lass ? 

Baws deep ya hacket bint. Now shut thy gob as ye are putting me off ma stroke.

?  :laugh: 

Surely has to be Americans - always complaining , always looking for a free upgrade  in hotels/on planes, penny pinching. A flight in the USA is a lesson in utter arrogance at the way they carry on when they can't get their luggage in "their" overhead locker.  I know that's an exaggeration but as a nation they seem to have more than their share of folks who always want something for nothing. And I've been shocked more than once at the blatant racism exhibited by some white people in restaurants. 

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Craig_ said:

For those saying the Chinese, have any of you ever actually been to China?! 

I didn't say the Chinese but I have been and they were all very helpful and polite people. I understand where the folk saying them and Asians in general based on tourists in Edinburgh though. I think ultimately, tourists are *****. 

23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

A wee bit arrogance can be a useful tool Bob but too much can be a real pain in a person.

Assertiveness can sometimes be misconstrued as arrogance but in reality they are two very different things.

I was a big man, I wore uniform well, and because of past training had a certain swagger, which may have been perceived as arrogance,as I said in another thgread I learned quite early in life not to take any crap from anyone. My bosses were former Mounties, they were not used to being challenged and I had no fear if I thought I was being talked down to, or wrongly criticised I reacted. My background was because of job applications etc. was well known, the Chief appreciated my experience but the two deputies thought they would try me on for size. You are correct I would suggest I was assertive, but must confess had also a degree of arrogance, I guess it all depended on which Sharp you were dealing with at the time.

Seymour M Hersh
On 16/08/2018 at 17:01, John Findlay said:

Only people to peel oranges in their pockets.

Copper wire was invented in Yorkshire. Two of them fighting over a penny apparently! 

38 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I didn't say the Chinese but I have been and they were all very helpful and polite people. I understand where the folk saying them and Asians in general based on tourists in Edinburgh though. I think ultimately, tourists are *****. 

Think that's the crux of the matter. Guess it's the price we pay for living in such a wonderful city... 

Bridge of Djoum
On 16/08/2018 at 11:08, jonesy said:

Have lived and worked on four continents and there has been good and bad from all over, Scotland included.

Can't stand the Africans though, nor the Asians. Europeans can be hard work, while Americans - north, south and central - are a pain in the bum. And don't get me started on Australasians. They creatures from the Antarctic are okay, though.

''Asians''?

4.5bn people in Asia. Diverse AF.

''Can't stand them''.

Bizarre stuff.

My vote, Australians. Annoying, loud overbearing, arrogant.... i could go on. They contribute **** all to society.

Bridge of Djoum
On 16/08/2018 at 11:29, Locky said:

Based on toursits in Edinburgh, asians (japanese, Chinese mainly) are a pain. They've absolutely no self awareness.

Japanese are among the politest, most well mannered people I've ever met.

Martians.

Seriously....how many times are they gonna look up my arse before they're satisfied with whatever experiment they're doing.

Green cnunts.....

On todays performances here, the Italians are also the loudest, rudest shitbags in the world.

Plus, they love themselves.

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

For those saying the Chinese, have any of you ever actually been to China?! 

There's a guy posted here already who is never done attacking America and it's people/culture. 

He's never set foot in the place.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Why did you say that to her?

And, what was she doing to you that felt so good?

:whistling:

She/he told Tazio he was ''reet good''?

Never happened.

Geoff the Mince
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

I used to go out with a girl with a broad Yorkshire accent. Fair to say it isn’t the best for talk during sex. “Ooh, do that agin it feels reet good”

:lol:

Irish and Scottish for thinking everyone loves them without trying and this "craic" pish. See also: Australians 

Spanish and Italians for being loud as hell everywhere.

English for being English and only English. They want English everywhere - foreign hol - English food.

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Irish and Scottish for thinking everyone loves them without trying and this "craic" pish. See also: Australians 

English for being English and only English. They want English everywhere - foreign hol - English food.

Perfect.

Irish get right on my pip for the ‘we’re the life and soul’ shit.  

Totally agree with you too about Aussies and feckin Italians.  Loud, loud, loud.

Spanish?  We differ.  Having lived in both Barcelona and Madrid and visited all the other major cities, I love the Spanish.

1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

She/he told Tazio he was ''reet good''?

Never happened.

I never said “I” was reet good, that would be a bit vain. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I never said “I” was reet good, that would be a bit vain. 

You probably were though.

:) 

MacDonald Jardine
14 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

My own personal list would have to be Italians, Americans, Israelis, and the English anywhere South of Yorkshire.

In my teens I would've said poles but all the ones I've worked with over the last 5 years or so have been great folk 

Oh, and not to forget the Scottish, anyone from the borders, Glasgow or the so called more affluent areas of Edinburgh can get the furthest to **** imo

You obviously haven't met any Aberdonians, or worse folk from Aberdeenshire. 

Inbred, insular ****s who think the world stops somewhere North of Brechin.

MacDonald Jardine
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

You hate yourself presumably?

It's also an odd statement for a Nat.

Is your support on the basis we can confine our "craic pish" to ourselves?

Agree on the Irish though.

1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

You obviously haven't met any Aberdonians, or worse folk from Aberdeenshire. 

Inbred, insular ****s who think the world stops somewhere North of Brechin.

My only experience of Aberdeen was a cab from the city centre to the airport about 3 years ago...didn't actually understand a word the boy said. Might have been pish, might have been gold; I don't think I'll ever know.

5 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

It's crack from Scots/Ulster Scots (and North West England). The Irish stole it and changed the spelling. 

I suppose everybody does this. 

Anyway. Fecking Irish!!! 

6 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Obviously these are generalisations, not every single person from each country. 

I forgot the British national - arrogant loudmouths with outdated views that get shouted about repeatedly despite the rest of the world moving on. Probably the worst nation. Again though, this is just a generalisation so don’t take it personally :jj: 

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Irish and Glaswegians for thinking everyone loves them without trying and this "craic" pish. See also: Australians 

FTFY.

Canadians

Nah but really. Spaniards, in particular Spanish women seem to be really annoying. 

Russians on holiday are really funnily rude but I've never actually been to Russia so dunno what they're like at home.

As a Welshmen I have to admit that Welsh people, when drunk can be nippy but very few people when drunk aint. (Except Canadians probably)

I've never met anyone from Yorkshire male or female I didn't like. Scousers are annoying as are cockneys

South Africans are strange but I know a couple of decent ones

Aussies are annoying

Americans, I think it depends where you go. New Yorkers don't give a **** and Los Angelinos are more friendly in my experience

Good and bad everywhere I suppose.

MacDonald Jardine
3 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Obviously these are generalisations, not every single person from each country. 

I forgot the British national - arrogant loudmouths with outdated views that get shouted about repeatedly despite the rest of the world moving on. Probably the worst nation. Again though, this is just a generalisation so don’t take it personally :jj: 

I'll do my best ?

11 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I bet ye were reet quick before the vinegar strokes.....sorry.

:phface:

Leave the poor guy alone :lol: 

19 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Mills and Boon eat yet heart out. 

I suppose it beats any Jackie Collins novel

:D

Edited by Marvin

Regal Kingston

Poor hygiene and arrogance annoy me the most.  

Don’t care what nationality you are. And people from Israel. 

Seymour M Hersh
14 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

met some dutch lads in corfu seemed ok, 

Surely this whole thread is about generalisations rather than specific individuals. :laugh:

michael_bolton

Fair thread. I tend to find that people who say "People are just people" etc are people who usually haven't travelled much.

I've lived in a number of different countries and have travelled pretty widely.

Anyone who doesn't think that Koreans are the most arrogant people on earth has never met a Korean. It's ingrained in their culture, they are brought up to see themselves as a master race. Ask any Koreans you know, and you'll find that your average Korean (not just uneducated peasants) genuinely believes that Korean people are less inclined to cruelty and barbarism than any other race. Don't ask them how that squares with North Korea. They don't like being asked to think about that.

It's not long since Korean schools stopped teaching kids explicitly that Korean people are the greatest race on earth. Now they just learn that at home. The Korean media is miles ahead of The Sun and Daily Mail when it comes to xenophobia. The best holiday destinations are in Korea. The best food is Korean food. The best language is Korean. The best democracy is Korean democracy. The kindest people are Korean people. All problems Korea has are because of 'foreigners'.

Koreans will be extremely polite in conversation. That's just their culture. It's considered extremely unworthy behaviour to be openly rude. But know that they think they are better than you. Don't be fooled by east Asian politeness. It doesn't mean what westerners think it means. These cultures have a deeply ingrained arrogance that is hard to understand for the outsider.

Edited by michael_bolton

jack D and coke
On 16/08/2018 at 22:44, Morgan said:

Still sticking with Italians.

Arrogant, scummy nation.

I’ll second that. Really arrogant tossers. The ones that just have Italian heritage are worse too. Really get on my tits. 

Second are people who just think they’re Irish. They have an Irish relative from about 200 years ago. Absolute ****wits. 

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ll second that. Really arrogant tossers. The ones that just have Italian heritage are worse too. Really get on my tits. 

Second are people who just think they’re Irish. They have an Irish relative from about 200 years ago. Absolute ****wits. 

50m Scots worldwide you know. Bollox!