Well done Barnsley

Ecce Romanov

Ecce Romanov

Great gesture from the Barnsley chief executive.

He noticed that one of their fans had mentioned on Social Media that he had been suffering from depression and sent him a letter of support

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45185521

If anyone on here would like some support, I can recommend Breathing space http://breathingspace.scot/ 0800 838587 

Well done to Barnsley. As someone who has recently been going through a really rough time with depression to the extent of making an attempt on my life these small things can make such a difference. 

May I also add that I’m in a better place mentally now and have to praise the NHS for all the work and support 

Wonderful support from Barnsley. To our own millano, stay strong my friend. The Hearts family and for that the wider football family are here any time you want to reach out chum.

An amazing gesture.

A quick look on the depression thread in the shed, shows that many on here have either suffered or are currently suffering from depression and will probably be able to really relate to how such a gesture can make a big difference.

47 minutes ago, millano77 said:

Well done to Barnsley. As someone who has recently been going through a really rough time with depression to the extent of making an attempt on my life these small things can make such a difference. 

May I also add that I’m in a better place mentally now and have to praise the NHS for all the work and support 

Hope you continue to get the support you need.

All the best.

Great gesture by Barnsley.

Edited by Jamboelite

Ecce Romanov
1 hour ago, millano77 said:

Glad to hear you are in a better place Millano.

Hopefully this gesture will draw more attention to this hugely important topic.

best wishes pal,

Ecce

3 hours ago, millano77 said:

Glas to heat that Millano , take care of yourself and ?? for being able to share with us 

4 hours ago, millano77 said:

Glad you are in a better place Millano77. We all suffer from some sort of depression at some point in life and it’s comforting to know they’re are people out there that can help. Don’t know you from Adam and  not wanting to sound “too Celtic” Hearts fans are a dysfunctional family and if you ever want to catch up for a chat and a coffee pm me bud. Aw the best!

Lovely gesture from a decent, good old school salt of the earth club.  

Although I fully understand mental illness as I, like most have my demons, depression and compulsions I just can never understand people telling the world about their personal issues.  If it was cathartic in anyway for him then I guess all good but the social media age, everyone knows strangers business really makes me uneasy.

7 hours ago, Ecce Romanov said:

Great gesture from the Barnsley chief executive.

He noticed that one of their fans had mentioned on Social Media that he had been suffering from depression and sent him a letter of support

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45185521

If anyone on here would like some support, I can recommend Breathing space http://breathingspace.scot/ 0800 838587 

I used beating the blues www.beatingtheblues.co.uk which I found extremely helpful. Nhs were brilliant.

To all on this thread that have wished me well and someone to talk to thanks very much. It is much appreciated. 

Hearts can now support me by keeping up the form and winning some silverware this season lol. 

Met up with a few mates at the Celtic game and told them as none had known. All wanted to give me a slap for not reaching out but we’re all supportive. 

Once again thank you 

weegie jambo
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Lovely gesture from a decent, good old school salt of the earth club.  

Although I fully understand mental illness as I, like most have my demons, depression and compulsions I just can never understand people telling the world about their personal issues.  If it was cathartic in anyway for him then I guess all good but the social media age, everyone knows strangers business really makes me uneasy.

Horses for courses my friend, I have benefited from support groups and from the odd post and replies on Facebook. The one thing that is bad is bottling it up and there are a lot of good Jambos who will help out when needed. Its good to talk!

3 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Horses for courses my friend, I have benefited from support groups and from the odd post and replies on Facebook. The one thing that is bad is bottling it up and there are a lot of good Jambos who will help out when needed. Its good to talk!

Totally agree with you there. Sometimes it’s easier to talk to a stranger than someone you know. 

I didn’t post on here about my troubles for sympathy or support just to say how much a little gesture like that could go a long way. The same with the replies I got have. 

Some folk have nobody to turn too and dont know how to contact the helplines, and yes people will say have they not heard of google but when you have hit rock bottom you don’t think of these things. 

weegie jambo
42 minutes ago, millano77 said:

Totally agree with you there. Sometimes it’s easier to talk to a stranger than someone you know. 

I didn’t post on here about my troubles for sympathy or support just to say how much a little gesture like that could go a long way. The same with the replies I got have. 

Some folk have nobody to turn too and dont know how to contact the helplines, and yes people will say have they not heard of google but when you have hit rock bottom you don’t think of these things. 

You're so right, a support group with no-one you know can make you open up, especially if they are in the same place and understand your position and the kindness of strangers can go a long way. I don't seek sympathy either but the odd gesture from friends can really give you a boost.