Sell out

campbell

15 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Glad at least some of us are happy and celebrating that we won today with a great victory............

but but but but a few seats were empty .........................

Alternatively you appear offended for no reason when a totally valid point is being made......lol go figure. Huge amount of positivity from this Hearts fan on numerous other threads concerning the game. If you don’t think Hearts should be maximising revenue that’s your perogative but in my view there are holes in the way we are selling tickets evidenced by numerous small blocks of empty seats! 

Maybe you work in the ticket office...

Edited by magicTs

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brave Hearts

• campbell

• Francis Albert

• Tommy Brown

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Alternatively you appear offended for no reason when a totally valid point is being made......lol go figure. Huge amount of positivity from this Hearts fan on numerous other threads concerning the game. If you don’t think Hearts should be maximising revenue that’s your perogative but in my view there are holes in the way we are selling tickets evidenced by numerous small blocks of empty seats! 

Maybe you work in the ticket office...

Aye but but school holidays etc etc.  The club have obviously ****ed up somewhere here and it's costing money.

Brave Hearts

Hahaha

Offended ???? Offended about what ??? Less than 900 seat empty ???

Never said anything about not maximising revenue. You are just making that up.

why are you so derogatory to the ticket office and it’s staff ??

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

If the attendance is 19,100 tickets sold, there is no danger the capacity is near 20K

Not that I care, but these are the facts!

How about the dot count chaps take a section or stand each and count every dot in the ground?

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

How about the dot count chaps take a section or stand each and count every dot in the ground?

The fact is mate online seats are not available but obviously not sold. I’ve no idea why but that’s how it is 

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I've already done that and added all the hospitality, directors, media and players/coaching staff seats.  The only figure I don't have is for wheelchair/carer seats.

The total is 19,701 + wheelchair/carer places (probably around 200)

By my reckoning 346 are lost to poor sightlines in A, G, N & T, and 24 to the TV studio.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I've already done that and added all the hospitality, directors, media and players/coaching staff seats.  The only figure I don't have is for wheelchair/carer seats.

By my reckoning 346 are lost to poor sightlines in A, G, N & T, and 24 to the TV studio.

346 to poor sightlines? That's quite a few. I've read over the last few days that even in the worst seat you can see the full pitch, just not the net. Shirley they could be put on sale at a discount.

So, do you count 19,701 + 200 + 346 + 24 = 20,289?

3fingersreid

Bit pissed off , tried to buy two tickets for my cousin and his laddie who are over from Canada , but according to the online site there were no seats near me , bollocks ,as per usual there were 6 empty seats to the right of us . Lost revenue to the club in ticket sales and definetly in the club shop too , the club should really be giving whoever runs the ticketing site a good boot in the balls .

1 hour ago, Brave Hearts said:

Crowd was over 19,100

What’s your point ??

What’s your problem ??

Guess by your observation about view from the TV that you were not there.......

My Point- there was more empty seats than I thought there would be, when the dot count on here had it as sold out. I was asking if people thought it was because of season tickets holders being on holiday or if there was a bigger problem with the ticketing system as a few people had raised concerns before the game! 

My problem-  I think you can work that out from above I want to see the stadium packed more money for the club and the best atmosphere in Scottish football 

No I wasn’t there as I live in London, does that mean I can’t habe an opinion on the matter? 

1 hour ago, Brave Hearts said:

We have just had a 1-0 victory over the reigning champions of Scotland with a crowd of 19,100

A few years ago we got beat by the victims 7-0 in Scottish Cup with a crowd of 10,636.

Massive turnaround in the result ............

Massive increase in the attendance .......

Some folk seem to have a non-football agenda against our club.....

Moaners will moan!

Footballfirst
29 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

346 to poor sightlines? That's quite a few. I've read over the last few days that even in the worst seat you can see the full pitch, just not the net. Shirley they could be put on sale at a discount.

So, do you count 19,701 + 200 + 346 + 24 = 20,289?

No the 346 + 24 are part of the 19,701

Edited by Footballfirst

2 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

Folk more interested in a few empty seats !!!

We have just beat the reigning Champions of Scotland !!!!

How pedantic some folk are ........

Celebrate this great victory .....

Rather than nit picking about empty seats .....

what is is football about ???

Winning games or filling all the seats ??

Personally, winning games is what it is all about over whether we had a few empty seats .....

Sorry but perfectly valid question from OP, some big chunks of empty seats all over. Up at very back of new stand there was loads of empty seats. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

You’ve physically counted the seats in the stadiium?

Footballfirst
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You’ve physically counted the seats in the stadiium?

Not exactly. Most of the info comes from eTickets backed up by the plans and photographs taken during the construction of the new stand

16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Not exactly. Most of the info comes from eTickets backed up by the plans and photographs taken during the construction of the new stand

Ok. Should still be pretty close then. 

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Bit pissed off , tried to buy two tickets for my cousin and his laddie who are over from Canada , but according to the online site there were no seats near me , bollocks ,as per usual there were 6 empty seats to the right of us . Lost revenue to the club in ticket sales and definetly in the club shop too , the club should really be giving whoever runs the ticketing site a good boot in the balls .

Zero revenue lost to the club. Shop takings up for debate.

10 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

19.1k is official report which  does seem weird given it’s a sell out and our capacity is supposed to be around 20k mark

Yes WHY is this when our capacity is shown as 20,093 ( I think)?

1000 missing is a lot these days. When we were 17,000 + a wee bit we were running at 16,800 and there was a “safety” reason. I fear it is now just incompetence!

Those in the know please advise. Close enough is not an acceptable answer....

3 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

Hahaha

Offended ???? Offended about what ??? Less than 900 seat empty ???

Never said anything about not maximising revenue. You are just making that up.

why are you so derogatory to the ticket office and it’s staff ??

It seems to me the hobbit are better at seat allocation and they’ve had no practice!!!

The people organising our seating are not doing their jobs properly, quite clearly.

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, TNCASTLE said:

1000 missing is a lot these days. When we were 17,000 + a wee bit we were running at 16,800 and there was a “safety” reason. I fear it is now just incompetence!

The original plans suggested 20,099. But that was based on each section of the new main stand being fully occupied and filled with standard seats.

The wing sections of N & T are only partly used because of sightline issues.  The  central section has only 25 seats per row instead on 28 as in the plans.  Seats were also lost to the media section, the dug-outs, reserved for players/coaches, an extra exit in the directors area,  the TV studio and the Wheatfield tunnel.

All of the above brings the working capacity down. I'd imagine that we will not exceed 19,350 as a reported attendance this season.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, TNCASTLE said:

Serious question but if you are in Oz why would you give a hoot what the capacity is?

There needs to be an easy facility for ST holders who can't attend a game to authorise the club to resell the ticket.  Every ST holder will have an account at Hearts and it would be simple to use the resold ticket money to either credit the account, donate the funds to FoH or whatever.

It has to be an easy system though. 

Marooned Abroad
12 minutes ago, Serge said:

There needs to be an easy facility for ST holders who can't attend a game to authorise the club to resell the ticket.  Every ST holder will have an account at Hearts and it would be simple to use the resold ticket money to either credit the account, donate the funds to FoH or whatever.

It has to be an easy system though. 

I agree. I have 2 season tickets which I offer to family and friends if I can’t go. No one was available for yesterday due to holidays and outher commitments and I would have been happy to see them resold with the money going to the Club. A simple resell facility would achieve this.

Great performance and result though!!!!?

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The original plans suggested 20,099. But that was based on each section of the new main stand being fully occupied and filled with standard seats.

The wing sections of N & T are only partly used because of sightline issues.  The  central section has only 25 seats per row instead on 28 as in the plans.  Seats were also lost to the media section, the dug-outs, reserved for players/coaches, an extra exit in the directors area,  the TV studio and the Wheatfield tunnel.

All of the above brings the working capacity down. I'd imagine that we will not exceed 19,350 as a reported attendance this season.

The attendances for the Hibs games last season were 19.316 and 19,324 so with the scaling back of the police control box in the main stand you'd expect at least a couple of hundred extra seats to be available. If memory serves was there not also a telly studio in the Roseburn or main stand for those games as well which would have removed a few hundred seats? 

3fingersreid
7 hours ago, Sandy Clark said:

Zero revenue lost to the club. Shop takings up for debate.

Come on then , explain to me how 6 empty seats 2 of which would’ve been sold as one adult and one child isn’t lost revenue ?

Tell me how the money that my cousin was prepared to spend on his laddie in the club shop but didn’t isn’t lost revenue ? 

hibsarepants

I would urge the club to check the ticketing system. On line on Friday , there were mostly only single seats left. Got one at front of section E Wheatfield and yesterday there was a dozen seats together free in that area and I doubt it was  season ticket holders. Looking round the ground there were similar pockets. 

It was a 12:30 kick off. A crap kick off time to sell out hospitality packages. I'm not surprised the areas of the Gorgie and Main Stand where hospitality would sit were only half full.

1 hour ago, Marooned Abroad said:

I agree. I have 2 season tickets which I offer to family and friends if I can’t go. No one was available for yesterday due to holidays and outher commitments and I would have been happy to see them resold with the money going to the Club. A simple resell facility would achieve this.

Great performance and result though!!!!?

How can you not know that this already exists!

You can call or email the ticket office and do exactly that and the club have publicised it many times.

I can usually pass mine on but released my seats when I was getting married (as everyone I normally give them to was at the wedding). 

10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I believe it's 206.  I mentioned on another thread that, like you, I can't find 20,000+ seats even if we return the Wheatfield tunnel to seating next season. We appear to be around 19,950.

What's odd about yesterday though is that we had clearly sold more seats yesterday, at least from a dot counting perspective, that we had for the games against Hibs last season. Far more seats in the wings of T and N, the bottom half a dozen rows of P upper that were hospitality / reserved last year, and we had a very good number of returns being resold over the last few days. (I returned one to the club and it was sold and occupied so that system does appear to be working by the way).

The club didn't release seats for sale in upper X (usually hospitality) but the Gorgie Suite wasn't sold out yesterday and the back 3 or 4 rows of X appeared to have regular punters in them - presumably sold in person at the shop/ticket office. That does appear to be a poor way to release tickets though as people were looking online for seats to buy and there were none available. The club clearly must have lost out on some revenue as a result of not putting spare hospitality seats or others that seem to have been unsold back on sale on etickets.

Marooned Abroad
5 minutes ago, BigC said:

How can you not know that this already exists!

You can call or email the ticket office and do exactly that and the club have publicised it many times.

I can usually pass mine on but released my seats when I was getting married (as everyone I normally give them to was at the wedding). 

Didn’t know that. Maybe cos I don’t live round the corner from Tynecastle any more! Thanks for the info but not the ‘dig’ at my knowledge of how it works!

12 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

Folk more interested in a few empty seats !!!

We have just beat the reigning Champions of Scotland !!!!

How pedantic some folk are ........

Celebrate this great victory .....

Rather than nit picking about empty seats .....

what is is football about ???

Winning games or filling all the seats ??

Personally, winning games is what it is all about over whether we had a few empty seats .....

Why are you getting in such a state over a post pointing out there were blocks of empty seats? 

Reasonable thing to point out to the club if it’s a system error for example. 

I remain concerned that the club isn’t more actively concerned about maximising income. A good £20k was dropped yesterday in unsold seats - for what reason? 

Dallas Green
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A great win yesterday but let’s find something else to moan about..

Nail on head.

Obviously maximising our revenue is important but we just beat Celtic at a bouncing Tynecastle. Two wins, two good performances, top of the league. Give it a break lads.

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Yes let's moan about people (at the same time as enjoying a great win) quite reasonably raising an issue about  the club apparently not maximising revenue. Not as if we really need the money after all.

John Findlay

When CL was manager and we beat Celtic with the Austin McCann injury time screamer. What was the crowd?

The club are not at fault if a ticket is purchased and the purchaser doesn't turn up. The club still pocket the money.

All these people getting their knickers in a twist over attendances. Utterly bizarre imho.

It is a strange one. The large blocks of empty sears were, as others have said, for hospitality areas. However, I don’t understand why some, or most, of these couldn’t be put on general sale late Friday? Similarly, there does seem to be a lot of other seats not occupied which I would ( or could ) put down to folks not turning up - it is still holiday season. Like previous seasons there always seem to be a lot of empty seats in the bottom teir on the right of the Gorgie Stand. All very much a mystery to me. ?

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes let's moan about people (at the same time as enjoying a great win) quite reasonably raising an issue about  the club apparently not maximising revenue. Not as if we really need the money after all.

You’re an expert on moaning so carry on as normal.

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

When CL was manager and we beat Celtic with the Austin McCann injury time screamer. What was the crowd?

The club are not at fault if a ticket is purchased and the purchaser doesn't turn up. The club still pocket the money.

All these people getting their knickers in a twist over attendances. Utterly bizarre imho.

The only knickers twisted are worn by those who for some reason object to people raising a perfectly reasonable issue.

No-one is saying that it is the club's fault if purchasers of tickets don't turn up.

The issue is seats that for some reason aren't sold.

Edited by Francis Albert

57 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I posted the OP at 0-0 during the first half so wasn’t to know we would go on to win the game, also the reason for the post was due to the dot count thread having us at a sell out, however serveral people had voiced concerned about ticket sales and them receiving phone calls about them being sold season ticket holder seats and would need to be moved! So my main concern was maybe that we have a problem with our online ticketing system! A great win yesterday but I find it incredible that people on this thread are happy for the club to lose thousands of pounds in unsold seats! 

Edited by campbell

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The only knickers twisted are worn by those who for some reason object to people raising a perfectly reasonable issue.

No-one is saying that it is the club's fault if purchasers of tickets don't turn up.

The issue is seats that for some reason aren't sold.

Only in your eyes.

Francis Albert
Just now, John Findlay said:

Only in your eyes.

Well naturally. They are the only eyes I have.

Sitting in the main stand the only block of empty seats I saw was in the area reserved for Gorgie Suite hospitality. I doubt there is ever a big walk up demand for hospitality so I didn't (and don't) understand why these seats or most of them were not released the day before the game.

Another related concern is why we didn't sell out the Gorgie Suite for one of our biggest games of the season. This perhaps does not augur well for our much expanded hospitality offers. As an occasional user of the Gorgie Suite I had assumed when I arranged my trip that it would already be sold out. When it became clear it wasn't going to sell out why did the club not email at least previous buyers to tell them that places were still available (perhaps they did and I missed it).

Yesterday we saw a superb professional and committed performance on the pitch.

It would have been nice if it had been matched by an equally good performance off the pitch.

In my eyes of course.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Well naturally. They are the only eyes I have.

Sitting in the main stand the only block of empty seats I saw was in the area reserved for Gorgie Suite hospitality. I doubt there is ever a big walk up demand for hospitality so I didn't (and don't) understand why these seats or most of them were not released the day before the game.

Another related concern is why we didn't sell out the Gorgie Suite for one of our biggest games of the season. This perhaps does not augur well for our much expanded hospitality offers. As an occasional user of the Gorgie Suite I had assumed when I arranged my trip that it would already be sold out. When it became clear it wasn't going to sell out why did the club not email at least previous buyers to tell them that places were still available (perhaps they did and I missed it).

Yesterday we saw a superb professional and committed performance on the pitch.

It would have been nice if it had been matched by an equally good performance off the pitch.

In my eyes of course.

I think that the Gorgie suite not selling out is more down to the fact that we have other options available now in the main stand. I doubt it’s a decrease in the total number of people buying that type of experience. 

Also, the Gorgie Suite is better value when you go to Cat B games.

20 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

Every ticket has been sold, therefore it is sold out.   We've been through this before. 

In  the USA they have (or used to have) strict rules on broadcasting games in their local TV markets. The phrase used is "subject to blackout". This is to encourage people to go to the actual stadium to watch.  However when the match is sold out they allow a local broadcast. The definition off sold out was never every ticket sold and every seat occupied as that would be insane.  Sold out means 95% or above of tickets have been sold regardless of whether the purchaser attends the match.

Since it's that time of year again you could watch the Tattoo.  They'll announce every ticket as being sold but there will still be empty seats in the stands most nights. 

So it's not really sold out then.

jambos are go!

As I have said before it has been suggested to me that Health and Safety require over spill areas  to be available to relocate fans if an incident occurs. Believe that or not it is a lot more logical than no shows strangely sitting beside each other.

Edited by jambos are go!
T ypo

35 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

As I have said before it has been suggested to me that Health and Safety require over spill areas  to be available to relocate fans if an incident occurs. Believe that or not it is a lot more logical than no shows strangely sitting beside each other.

Not sure that is right as it all seems very random in terms of empty seats but I’m no expert on the subject.