Frail's Hearts turn set to extend

slfjambo

Frail's Hearts turn set to extend

_44677533_steviefrail203.jpg Frail's future at Tynecastle has been uncertain

Caretaker manager Stephen Frail looks likely to be in charge of Hearts when they begin their pre-season build up.

Frail stepped up to the temporary role in January but could only lead the team to an eighth-placed finish.

Motherwell's Mark McGhee turned down an approach from Hearts, while Artmedia Bratislava coach Vladimir Weiss has had talks with the Edinburgh team.

The players return on Wednesday for medicals and tests before pre-season training gets underway next Monday.

Icelander Gudjon Thordarson has also been linked with the manager's position, along with Andrei Zygmantovich.

A former Russian international, Zygmantovich has coached Belarussian side MTZ Ripo and is now assisting at Kaunas, both clubs with strong connections with Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov.

"It would be an honour to manage Hearts," Weiss told BBC Scotland two weeks ago.

"I'm very interested as the Scottish league would be a step up from the Slovakian league."

However, Weiss has also been discussing the possibility of taking over the Slovakian national side.

Frail took charge of team matters after Anatoly Korobochka returned to his role as director of football at Tynecastle.

Korobochka and Frail had been co-managing the side following the departure of Valdas Ivanauskas in March 2007. While Frail has admitted that he does not expect to be given the job permanently, he will be available to oversee the club's preparations for next term.

Don't really understand why Frail hasn't taken the opportunity to find himself a new club.

Not exactly been a ruck for his signature has there ?

Ryan Gosling
Don't really understand why Frail hasn't taken the opportunity to find himself a new club.

Because he's still the caretaker manager probably.

Because he has no other options. How many teams, even lower league would look at what he's done and want him. I'm not slagging the guy, he's not right for the job, but he has a family to support and is taking a salary.

The problem is Rom putting all his eggs in one basket with McGhee, and it went t*ts up.

Someone started a thread when we thought it would be McGhee saying "what would happen if the unthinkable happened and McGhee doesn't come...."

Looks like the answer is NOTHING!

He seems to be a nice guy and has now had a bit of experience. I would have thought it would make sense for him to move on before he gets completely tarnished at Hearts.

The Mighty Thor
He seems to be a nice guy and has now had a bit of experience. I would have thought it would make sense for him to move on before he gets completely tarnished at Hearts.

Unfortunately for him (and Hearts) he'd need a time machine for that to happen.

As I understood it, SF didn't hold the correct coaching badge to manage (even interim) at the top level.

I notice that Ince was given dispensation yesterday by the FA as he's only a few months away from getting the correct accreditation.

What's the score with Frail?

Do we also have to get dispensation from the SFA? Surely this can't just be an on-going arrangement without some penalty being incurred.

winston churchill

i posted the same last week.

you would think that mr nice guys phone would be red hot with all the offers on the table:rolleyes:

Pants Shaton

If he's as good as so many rival coaches have magnanimously declared, after beating us last season, then I'm amazed he hasn't been offered a coaching role at another SPL side.

Contract not finished. He will eventually get another job and hopefully work his way back up from a lower level. In the circumstances at Hearts he did not that badly. He was promoted from reserve team coach to manager in a short space of time and also had to put up with Vlad and his mob. Doubt he will ever make a top manager though.

Wasn't there information some time ago that Frail was going to work on his badges this year and Hearts were going to pay for it. If this was in fact true it seems a strange thing to do to pay for employees upgrades. I should qualify strange was in the more all encompassing meaning of the word, and has no relationship to Hearts do things.

Statement # 10, Ziggy and Frail for management/coaching duties.:rolleyes:

Probably because Frail was always plan A all along.

Sorry I just can't bear the thought of ANOTHER season of Frail telling us what a great player Clum is!:eek:

After much soul searching, I forked out over ?1400 of hard earned cash to renew the family's 3 season tickets.

The ST have been sitting at Tynecastle waiting on collection for 4 weeks - the way I am feeling now they can stay there!!!:mad:

Probably because Frail was always plan A all along.

No he wasn't.

Not a huge fan of him but he has been treated badly by the club.

Drylaw Hearts
No he wasn't.

Not a huge fan of him but he has been treated badly by the club.

I agree.

Frail started his UEFA Pro Licence studies a couple of months ago, the club forked out for it.

On a seperate point I really can't understand all the Frail bashing, upon reading some of the comments on here you would think the guy was a child murderer!!!

He did his best in very difficult circumstances and I sincerely hope that there is a place for him under any new management structure. He deserves it.

He's clearly vastly inexperienced but has handled himself with great dignity at all times and in my opinion been a credit to Hearts.

I'd like to see him in as a coach.

to be totally honest this is good news..... hear me out.... If Frail had left (and some reports even said he had) then who would be taking the players for training?!? The answer doesn't bare thinking about.

Yes Frail is not the first choice for the majority of us... hell he isn't even in the top 100 but his continued presence at the club is one of the few things we can cling to at the moment.

He knows the club, the fans, the league (the things alot of us were requesting in the new manager) he might not use the knowledge very well but surely having him about is better than not having him about in this current situation!

http://scotsport.podbean.com

"Frail stepped up to the temporary role in January but could only lead the team to an eighth-placed finish"

Yes, that'll be 3 places better off than we were when he was given control then!!!

To me that's fairly successful, didn't Hearts have the 3rd best form, behind the Old Firm, from January - the split???

Boaby Ewing

I don't think anyone dislikes Frail the man.

But most people don't want him to have anything to do with the first team.

I couldn't give a flying feck if he's a 'nice guy' who's handled himself with 'dignity'.

I don't want Frail to be given the manager's job either, but for people to aim criticism at him instead of the Hearts hierarchy is simply staggering

I feel it would be better for both hearts and frail if they parted ways. Im sure one of the lower leagues clubs would welcome having frail on board he is just not cut out for being a manager at this level.

Jambof3tornado

I'd rather have John McGlynn back that suffer with Shaggy for any longer,too many must wins games were not won under him.

I'd rather have John McGlynn back that suffer with Shaggy for any longer,too many must wins games were not won under him.

The issue was he didn't set the team up like we were even trying to win! Too scared to drop points when he should've been making a go of it. Get the fans behind the team, our season was over anyway.

Archived