Tickets for first round of home games on sale Friday

August Landmesser

August Landmesser

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6850

Every game up to Rangers on Dec 1st will go on sale this Friday. Also, a new three-match package is available. Interesting to see how that will work out. 

Might need a whole new sub-forum for dot count threads.

Makes sense to offer tickets for home games months in advance. If seats are selling well then OF might only get two rows of the school end.

all very well if the games kick off at the time advertised but those travelling a distance, others with unknown work/family commitments, people who cant commit until the week before or closer  may all lose out on tickets or end up well out of pocket with not being able to make game.

24 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Makes sense to offer tickets for home games months in advance. If seats are selling well then OF might only get two rows of the school end.

:spoton: 

1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

all very well if the games kick off at the time advertised but those travelling a distance, others with unknown work/family commitments, people who cant commit until the week before or closer  may all lose out on tickets or end up well out of pocket with not being able to make game.

If someone bought a ticket for a home match and then the match was rescheduled for tv, Hearts would refund the ticket if the person couldn't make it. Travel and other arrangements are a different thing entirely, but also not a new situation for people coming from further afield.

Nothing wrong with Hearts choosing to sell tickets for 3 months up to a home game. Given attendances there will still be tickets once tv games are announced.

57 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

If someone bought a ticket for a home match and then the match was rescheduled for tv, Hearts would refund the ticket if the person couldn't make it. Travel and other arrangements are a different thing entirely, but also not a new situation for people coming from further afield.

Nothing wrong with Hearts choosing to sell tickets for 3 months up to a home game. Given attendances there will still be tickets once tv games are announced.

those who can make most matches have season tickets, you can buy a ticket now for a game in November book accommodation and travel arrangements now and find out that the Monday night your working, after the Saturday you booked everything is now game time because tv moved it, now that leaves you with the dilemma, wait 3 months then buy ticket if theres any left, and set up arrangements.

by the way I don't have any these problems but we cant inconvenience part of our support, if we could we'd be sold out already.

I've had a season ticket but been on 4 on 4 off shifts and missed plenty games but I knew that and I still got to see games when I could but I would have missed a lot more without the season ticket and I didn't have to travel.

Edited by reaths17

10 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

those who can make most matches have season tickets, you can buy a ticket now for a game in November book accommodation and travel arrangements now and find out that the Monday night your working, after the Saturday you booked everything is now game time because tv moved it, now that leaves you with the dilemma, wait 3 months then buy ticket if theres any left, and set up arrangements.

by the way I don't have any these problems but we cant inconvenience part of our support, if we could we'd be sold out already.

I've had a season ticket but been on 4 on 4 off shifts and missed plenty games but I knew that and I still got to see games when I could but I would have missed a lot more without the season ticket and I didn't have to travel.

We're not inconveniencing part of our support, the tv folk are. And the people who need to wait for tv schedules to be confirmed to buy tickets/travel are in the same position they've always been, especially as it's only likely to be for category A games and those fans will be used to dealing with that.

All this does is allow us to build up momentum of selling tickets and as stuff by someone else, hopefully limit the tickets we give to Celtic and Rangers.

TV games are usually announced relatively far ahead, it's really little difference to any other season, folk with travel plans generally book the travel once the tv fixtures are confirmed.

King Of The Cat Cafe
30 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

We're not inconveniencing part of our support, the tv folk are. And the people who need to wait for tv schedules to be confirmed to buy tickets/travel are in the same position they've always been, especially as it's only likely to be for category A games and those fans will be used to dealing with that.

All this does is allow us to build up momentum of selling tickets and as stuff by someone else, hopefully limit the tickets we give to Celtic and Rangers.

TV games are usually announced relatively far ahead, it's really little difference to any other season, folk with travel plans generally book the travel once the tv fixtures are confirmed.

Good points here.

I note on the website news item there is no disclaimer of "subject to change...".  There must, therefore, be a reasonable expectation that the games will go ahead at time and date stated.

My view has always been that once tickets go on sale, the club should resist attempts to have games changed for TV purposes.  We can all think of at least one precedent in Edinburgh when TV cameras were not allowed it.

2 hours ago, reaths17 said:

True, but they still have the option to buy tickets closer to the match day. If it means OF games get sold out weeks in advance then I'm all for it.

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

Absolutely. Nailed it

mulleted_jambo

Some folk just like a moan.  It's having to book hotels and flights that is the issue here not the tickets as they would be refunded if there was a change.  

Clever from Hearts. If the team are playing sh!te the bean counters wont give a monkeys. The tickets have been sold well in advance. Very clever ........... ??

FarmerTweedy
21 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Good points here.

I note on the website news item there is no disclaimer of "subject to change...".  There must, therefore, be a reasonable expectation that the games will go ahead at time and date stated.

My view has always been that once tickets go on sale, the club should resist attempts to have games changed for TV purposes.  We can all think of at least one precedent in Edinburgh when TV cameras were not allowed it.

We have contractual obligations regarding league games and rescheduling for tv.  If the tv companies choose some of our home games for live coverage, we have no say in the matter. If Sky or BT pick one of our games to be played at a Sunday lunchtime, the game will get played at Sunday lunchtime, and will be live on tv.  It's as simple as that. 

Most of our home games will be played at 3pm on Saturdays.  Some definitely will get moved for tv though, most likely the 'bigger' games.  Also, some games may potentially get moved, at fairly short notice, to Sundays because our opponents are playing in Europe on the Thursday night.  People who buy tickets for any game well in advance of when it's scheduled, do so at their own risk.  I'm fairly sure there is a disclaimer within the terms and conditions of sale.  If there isn't, there certainly should be.

The game you refer to where a club refused to allow cameras was a playoff game which was not covered by the league's tv contracts at the time.  The contracts at the time stipulated a maximum number of home games that could be selected for tv coverage for any particular club, and the club in question had already had that number of homes games selected during the regular season, so they were entirely within their rights to refuse to have that game televised.