*Important* New JKB Rule Added

redm

Hi all,

A few posters have recently voiced concerns about some unpleasant incidents and experiences on the forum. Admin and mod squad had a bit of a chat about it and these are the following outcomes and thoughts that we'd like to share:

* There is a new forum rule. 17. No cyber bullying. This includes posting unfounded personal attacks, stalking, harassing, innuendo, or any behaviour intended to demean othersIt is very important that you carefully consider the type of posts you make on the forum and their consequences, whether direct/indirect or deliberate/unintentional. We can't and won't ever tolerate this forum being used for malicious communications, bullying or harassment of any sort. We can't police the internet (and god knows we wouldn't want to!) but we can control what happens here on JKB and we have a zero tolerance approach for any content or posts of this type. Remember we also take a dim view of personal abuse in a general sense, so please consider the way in which you debate with others. We understand that you're not all going to agree with each other all of the time and sometimes individuals will be isolated by their opinions, but this doesn't justify adopting pack mentality. If you can't stand reading the thoughts of another poster, put them on ignore. Furthermore, if you have been subjected to behaviour like this please know you can always contact any of the admin team and we'll do our best to help. 

* Moderators and the Report Function. We recognise that a couple of recent incidents may have been less unpleasant for those involved had the mods been on the scene a little quicker. That's absolutely on us. After a period of low mod activity, we have taken steps to increase mod numbers on the forum and are recruiting some new additions to the squad. That said, this forum is essentially an online community (although linked to a very real one) and it relies on self-policing to some extent. It's way too busy for us to ever moderate every post on every thread without taking on full time staff or external mods and that's not a road we'll go down anytime soon. The report function is an essential tool for maintaining decent standards on the forum and we ask you to please use it if you spot behaviour which breaches forum rules. We all have a role to play in "keeping JKB clean". 

If you'd like a little reminder of the rules, they can be found here: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/guidelines/ 

* Trolling. Please just don't. I'll keep this one short : we're all fast running out of patience and the mods will be wielding the suspend/ban wand a lot more frequently in future. It's disruptive and seriously tedious for those who just want to come here and use the forum to chat with fellow Hearts supporters. 

We hope this message is received in the same spirit in which it has been sent. JKB is mostly a brilliant place full of really decent people, we just need to do a little bit of self-assessment and take action once in a while to keep it that way. Thanks, as always, for your continued cooperation and support.

• redm featured this topic
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Sir Vladimir of Romanov

• Morgan

• Hearts007

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geoff the Mince

Yip the pack mentality really pisses me off . 

Good move . 

Sound statement, in my opinion.

The part about reporting is important. A lot of the sh** that goes down is so flagrant, that if the mods hear about it quickly, it can get kicked into the long grass.

And the important point is that this has no negative impact whatsoever on the lively debate that most of us want on JKB

Well done redm and mod squad. Appreciate the work you guys do. Taken for granted.

The forum has been hard work for quite a while now for more than one reason. Be great if we can get to the stage where we at least know we’re debating genuine opinions!

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Well done redm and mod squad. Appreciate the work you guys do. Taken for granted.

The forum has been hard work for quite a while now for more than one reason. Be great if we can get to the stage where we at least know we’re debating genuine opinions!

Seconded

grumpy rebus

Only recently returned and can honestly say that the vast majority on here can disagree civily. 

Well done the mods ??

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Repetitive thread syndrome can be a cause of frustration leading to the behaviour. 

Whilst in agreement people changing my words I find really irritating. 

Totally support the statement all the same 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well done mods. The Hearts support are a broad church with differing views and everyone should be able to debate their views in a civil way. If trolling gives you kicks stay away from this site and let the real fans debate the issues properly!

Captain America

100% behind this new rule.

Some threads have been hard reading recently with people arguing the poster instead of the post and seem to follow each other round the board making digs.

The ignore button can only do so much.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can we also stop notifications from posters that are on ignore please?

I’ve spoken to a few people and over heard people saying JKB is hard work (putting it politely) I actually heard someone leaving the game on Sunday commenting about the “nutters” his words, that plague this forum. I’m glad that these changes are coming in and I’m sure they’ll make a huge difference. 

There,s great and informative discussions on this board and some very intelligent posts too. It makes great reading and some of the humour is quite uplifting. Glad the Admis and Mods are upping their game. ?? From me. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

We wanted to leave this thread open so people could give their thoughts but let’s not get into individual or personal incidents or gripes please. We draw a line under it and move on. ?

In the past you could look up and see what Mods and Amins were active on the board and when they were last around but since the recent change it seems you can’t do that anymore. Is that function still available or if not can it be brought back again?

Geoff Kilpatrick

BTW, it would also be good if the Mods explained that trolling is not the same as having a difference of opinion.

Is wumerry allowed these days?

Or is this in the trolling bracket? I don't know anymore :mellow:

Edited by smiler

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

BTW, it would also be good if the Mods explained that trolling is not the same as having a difference of opinion.

That's my concern Geoff. Seems I get tarred with this trolling rubbish at times for 1 or 2 incidents in the past. 

But as Redm says let's move on. 

Just now, Beats said:

That's my concern Geoff. Seems I get tarred with this trolling rubbish at times for 1 or 2 incidents in the past. 

But as Redm says let's move on. 

Beats, get yourself back in here more often, we've missed you man.

Say What Again

Poor mods, old and new, are going to be bombarded with report buttons when folk take exception to being called things like a snowflake :lol:

Good luck guys! 

3 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

So my post gets removed, so much for freedom of speech. 

Nah it's just because you talk pish!

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Mod edit

Note: May not contain a Mod edit! ::troll::

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Beats said:

Nah it's just because you talk pish!

Stop bullying me ?

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Mod edit

Note: May not contain a Mod edit! ::troll::

Ha ha ?

8 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Surely things like that should be asked in pms though to admin.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Surely things like that should be asked in pms though to admin.

I did, and was ignored. 

happy with this rule, it was getting to be brutal on here, every thread had a pile of crappy arguments to wade through.

When the frequent trolls of JKB continue to troll,    I assume others are still permitted to call it out?     I assume this is not a blank cheque for these cretins?     I could name names because a couple of the worst have posted but I suspect a couple of chancers will employ this diktat for their own ends.

Opinions differ. 

Arguments are arguments

HOBOS Are *****!!

Get them the **** off this forum :)

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

Opinions differ. 

Arguments are arguments

HOBOS Are *****!!

Get them the **** off this forum :)

:spoton: 

They know who they are.

Multiple accounts? 

Are the MODs cracking down on this?

Another forum I am on (non football related) has software that detects activity from IP and flags up multi accounts. They (kindly) offered an amnesty where people using more than one account could message the admins and come clean before all multi accounts were banned,

Perhaps (if not in use) this is something the JKB mods could look at?

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:spoton: 

They know who they are.

Not necessarily, they may have schizophrenia, and that shouldn't be mocked.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

When the frequent trolls of JKB continue to troll,    I assume others are still permitted to call it out?     I assume this is not a blank cheque for these cretins?     I could name names because a couple of the worst have posted but I suspect a couple of chancers will employ this diktat for their own ends.

This is the problem the mods are up against. They have said the best way of going forward and you are at it calling people trolls etc.

Can we not do as Redm says and start afresh? Let bygones be bygones?

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

Multiple accounts? 

Are the MODs cracking down on this?

Another forum I am on (non football related) has software that detects activity from IP and flags up multi accounts. They (kindly) offered an amnesty where people using more than one account could message the admins and come clean before all multi accounts were banned,

Perhaps (if not in use) this is something the JKB mods could look at?

Can’t really do that tbh, what if there was 3 different account holders using the same internet connection? Can’t just go banning them all because they have the same IP address.

Just now, smiler said:

Not necessarily, they may have schizophrenia, and that shouldn't be mocked.

So, they’re in two minds about it then?

1 minute ago, Beats said:

This is the problem the mods are up against. They have said the best way of going forward and you are at it calling people trolls etc.

Can we not do as Redm says and start afresh? Let bygones be bygones?

It's all fine and well everyone signing up to the fancy new JKB zeitgeist and letting bygones be bygones.    Buf I want to know what the situation is if/when certain people decide to revert to type.

More likely when than if.

Agreed but I think it would be fairly obvious by their posts who is and who is not the real user.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

So, they’re in two minds about it then?

Sorry, I have no idea who you are.

20 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

I did, and was ignored. 

Fair enough. Hard job as it is I think there should be transparency with mods aswell iv only been ignored by 2mods when asking why a decision has been made. The others have given some info on the decision. That has to benefit the ideology of whats being attempted and hopefully works.

Is there not a process , mod doesnt get back to you , senior mod , admin , owner for things like that?

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's all fine and well everyone signing up to the fancy new JKB zeitgeist and letting bygones be bygones.    Buf I want to know what the situation is if/when certain people decide to revert to type.

More likely when than if.

Fair enough. 

• redm locked this topic