RATHER BE EMPLOYED BY VLAD

Miller Jambo 60

Miller Jambo 60

Worked last week through my agency.

With a company that pays their workers about 150 pounds more a week than me.

Was ready for my 12-10 shift when i was phoned at 9am.

You are not needed some pash about a long term sickie coming back.

Not a happy chap.

I work through an agency, do about 75% of the work but pretty sure the full time girl gets way more than me. Nowt I can do about it except leave but it's easy money and as I'm moving to Oz soon it's only for a few months.

Miller Jambo 60
I work through an agency, do about 75% of the work but pretty sure the full time girl gets way more than me. Nowt I can do about it except leave but it's easy money and as I'm moving to Oz soon it's only for a few months.

might join you mate

200milesfromgorgie

if you'd rather work for vlad i hear he's got a job going, manager or something?

Miller Jambo 60
if you'd rather work for vlad i hear he's got a job going, manager or something?

Hows yorkshire mate arrrrrrr to be an English man'

RockyBalboa

Agencies are brutal, I used to work for BT through one, worked harder than the lotay them and knew more than them but got about 10k less.

Now I work direct for another company, work less than I used to and on treble the pay.

:)

Doug, an agency called ABC Contract Services are advertising on Radio Forth just now for jobs at Bredero Shaw the pipecoaters at the docks.

They're looking for Sparks,Machine Operators, Labourers etc.

They've got a mobile recruitment centre set up at Ocean Terminal on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Don't know if this is any good to you, just thought I'd pass it on.

Agencies provide a good valuable service, keeping the jobs market going. Temp work doesn't suit everyone, but some folks it suits very very well

Them's the breaks with agency work. The only good thing about the work is that you can pack it in without giving a days notice.

The jobs are always ****e but the employment agency always over sell it just to fill a position. When I was using agencies it was clear that recruitment agencies don't give a feck and are staffed with useless tossers.

Miller Jambo 60
Why are you finding it so hard to find a job?

Not in the mood wee man .

Hows ****e hill

I think thats exactly the problem doug, you have no desire at all to actually get a job and expect to be paid a lot to do bugger all.

Plenty of jobs to be found

I bet you havent even looked at the 2 pages in the EEN today :)

Just curious as I'm sure you could get any job you want, pay surely wouldn't matter just now as any money is better than no money? Just go and hand in CV's all over the shot.

It's nice and sunny.

Waiting to see the day they tear down those flats.

RockyBalboa

Register on S1jobs Doug.

Kind of work you looking for? I used to do construction recruitment so if thats you field let me know.

Bordeaux 03

I always thought agency workers got paid a little bit more but they don't get paid holidays etc.

Miller Jambo 60
Register on S1jobs Doug.

Kind of work you looking for? I used to do construction recruitment so if thats you field let me know.

RB been promised jobs on s1 but still waiting.

mind you prancer will get me one

RockyBalboa
RB been promised jobs on s1 but still waiting.

mind you prancer will get me one

What do you usually work as!?!?

Miller Jambo 60
What do you usually work as!?!?

Thanks mate you seem to care , im IT and driving.

not true about hibs :)

RockyBalboa
I always thought agency workers got paid a little bit more but they don't get paid holidays etc.

Paid crap, not public holidays and 1.5 holidays a month.

RockyBalboa
Thanks mate you seem to care , im IT and driving.

not true about hibs :)

It's sound mate.

Tesco are always looking for drivers as are Asda, a mate works part time doing that at night.

:cool:

I done 1 day with an agency. Should have sent a man but i got sent instead, knackered by lunch. Greggs bakery. I had to make rolls, cakes etc never done that in my life... :confused: Dont buy from Greggs now .

left the agency right after...

Paid crap, not public holidays and 1.5 holidays a month.

After 12 weeks employment in a temp position you are now entitled to the same holidays as fulltime staff, which is a minimum of 24 days per annum for fulltime staff rising to 28 days as of the 1st April 2009. Employers can now include public holidays within your holiday entitlement though.

I done 1 day with an agency. Should have sent a man but i got sent instead, knackered by lunch. Greggs bakery. I had to make rolls, cakes etc never done that in my life... :confused: Dont buy from Greggs now .

left the agency right after...

How can they do that?

championsleaguefan

Try Lothian Buses ?26 000 a year for driving a bus and if you like overtime you could take home over ?30 000. They will train you up and pay you while you train all be it on a tranning rate. Easy money except when you have to go down the Hobo lands.

RockyBalboa
After 12 weeks employment in a temp position you are now entitled to the same holidays as fulltime staff, which is a minimum of 24 days per annum for fulltime staff rising to 28 days as of the 1st April 2009. Employers can now include public holidays within your holiday entitlement though.

Sound, I haven't done agency work for a couple of years. :cool:

Archived