"Thor is frozen out by Hearts" ... EEN

jambovambo

(In an eastern European accent)

"Excellent - my master plan is all falling into place.

McGhee bottles it.

Weiss blows it.

Thor gets frozen out.

Plan D (Zygmantovich, the man I wanted all along) is all that's left"

"By MARK BONTHRONE

GUDJON THORDARSON'S chances of becoming the next manager of Hearts look to have diminished with his club, IA Akranes, revealing they have yet to receive an official approach from the Jambos.

The Evening News revealed recently that Thordarson was one of three candidates on Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov's shortlist with Vladimir Weiss and Andrei Zygmantovich the others.

The Icelander's agent was sounded out by Hearts about his client's interest before Weiss emerged as the front-runner to fill the position the Jambos first advertised on January 1.

Weiss held talks with Romanov in Lithuania ten days ago and revealed he would announce a decision on his future last Monday. However, he failed to do so and then missed a Tuesday deadline set by Hearts to give them an answer.

After failing to get the guarantees he was looking for regarding team selection and transfer targets, Weiss appears to be having second thoughts and was due to meet the Slovakian FA today to discuss the possibility of becoming the new national manager, a job he could be allowed to share with his responsibilities at Artmedia Bratislava.

Yet with Hearts' bid for Weiss in danger of collapse, they have yet to officially approach Akranes for permission to speak to Thordarson.

Toddy Gudjonsson, the Akranes chief executive, told the Evening News: "We haven't heard anything from Hearts. Gudjon is happy at Akranes and we haven't been contacted. There is not much more I can say."

One man who has thrown his name into the frame is former France national boss Jacques Santini.

The former Lyon and Tottenham manager has been out of work since leaving Auxerre two seasons ago but is looking for a way back into club management.

Santini's Scottish representative, Alex McLaughlin, said: "I have put Jacques Santini's name forward to Hearts and I am waiting to hear back from them.

"Hearts are on the lookout for a top-drawer coach with experience in the British game and, for me, Jacques Santini ticks all the boxes.

"He has shown throughout his managerial career that he is a top-level coach and I would be surprised if Hearts didn't want to follow things up."

Santini was in charge of France at Euro 2004 and had a short-lived spell as boss of Tottenham where he lasted only 13 games after a bust-up with director of football Franck Arnesen.

However, he did lead Lyon to the French title and cup and speaks fluent English."

So taken at face value (clearly a big ask) this article would suggest we are doing, erm, NOTHING.

Hate to contemplate it , but I feel a Gretna situation looming here, with each passing Vladism my confidence and belief in his intentions diminishes, all I'v heard is player after player leaving, no signings, no manager, no ticket sales...............No doubt the well intentioned Vlad will soon come good?????

ToadKiller Dog

Basically its a rehash of the same story the hibsmon has carried for the last week in terms of Thor and Weiss ,considering hearts have not spoke to Thor since January he takes one hell of a time to freeze.

Charlie-Brown
So taken at face value (clearly a big ask) this article would suggest we are doing, erm, NOTHING.

Taken at face value it appears that the EEN sports reporters are doing virtually nothing - that story was clearly cobbled together from the Hearts news-feeds at newsnow.co.uk and maybe a phone call to Akranes in Iceland - they didn't even have to leave their seat in Holyrood and could've bashed out that article in under 10 minutes. Poor stuff!

Ah yes - old rehashed story thing.

Cue the "do you expect Hearts to tell everyone what they are doing in their search for a manager?" brigade ...

Taken at face value it appears that the EEN sports reporters are doing virtually nothing - that story was clearly cobbled together from the Hearts news-feeds at newsnow.co.uk and maybe a phone call to Akranes in Iceland - they didn't even have to leave their seat in Holyrood and could've bashed out that article in under 10 minutes. Poor stuff!

Indeed. Why aren't they asking Hearts for comment and if they aren't getting a response saying so?

The Evening News revealed recently that Thordarson was one of three candidates on 3fe0 Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov's shortlist with Vladimir Weiss and Andrei Zygmantovich the others.

If they are correct in what they say we are stuck with this nobody....... Andrei Zygmantovich

I posted this last Tuesday (I think :P).

Hearts never approached Thor - his agent was promoting his client as every good agent does. :mad: Bit like Santini's (nice restaurant behind Sheraton btw) agent.

Tenative enquiry took place in Jan that's all.

Weiss - well he clearly used us to broker a better deal/job in Slovenia.

I understand a new shortlist has been drawn up - it will be interesting to see the dross coming out of that in the coming weeks.

MacDonald Jardine
Ah yes - old rehashed story thing.

Cue the "do you expect Hearts to tell everyone what they are doing in their search for a manager?" brigade ...

Well do you?

There's a huge difference between "everything" ... and "something" ... or "anything", don't you think?

Why don't people email Hearts or the hacks that write the stories with their complaints rather than moaning on here? Maybe you'll get the answers you're looking for

I couldn't give a monkey's about the EEN. The disdain with which HMFC are treating the support is disgusting. No updates, no comment, NO MANAGER. Pathetic. Poor stuff.

...After failing to get the guarantees he was looking for regarding team selection and transfer targets, Weiss appears to be having second thoughts...

Hmmm.

That would be our third shortlist!

Surely, if CO drew up the first shortlist and VR the second, I wonder whose turn it is for the third.

Maybe Rodney!

Naw its Clum and the only name on the list is Frails as he knows he will get a game this way;)

Chad Sexington
You only joined the board today and you're boring me already.

And thats the end of him.

Good work Mods. :)

And thats the end of him.

Good work Mods. :)

Good news.

If the mods are binning folk for being boring, i'll draw up a list.

Ray Winstone
Hmmm.

Vlad was insisting that the team was 'faxed' to him in Lithuania 24 hours prior to kick off.

He really is a silly old codger.

Vlad was insisting that the team was 'faxed' to him in Lithuania 24 hours prior to kick off.

Nothing like a morning of the game fitness test in Romaknob's tiny little football brain.

I don't have a problem with VR insisting on the teamsheet being faxed to him at anytime, be it 48 hours before, 24 hours before or just before KO.

It's the teamsheet being faxed back with changes made that i've got a problem with.

Don't know how many times i've heard over the last 2 years that there has been no further contact from Hearts/Vlad when we're supposedly approaching potential managers, players, coaches etc..etc.., What does that useless fud do all day? He must know the state we're in! Let's hope someone will find a way of getting him out, clubs around us are signing players and trying to improve their squads for the new season and yet again MadVlad does feckall about it!

So the paps are writing any old nonsense, the agents are touting guys that nobody wants to know about, and the club are all hush-hush over secret plans to draw up lists of short lists.

http://www.monster.co.uk - there you go Vlad, they'll do it far better than the pish poor attempts up till now.

Ray Winstone
I don't have a problem with VR insisting on the teamsheet being faxed to him at anytime, be it 48 hours before, 24 hours before or just before KO.

It's the teamsheet being faxed back with changes made that i've got a problem with.

Why does he need the team given to him 24 hours in advance if he is not going to make any 'recomendations'?

That would be our third shortlist!

Surely, if CO drew up the first shortlist and VR the second, I wonder whose turn it is for the third.

Maybe Rodney!

I think it's back to CO. Seriously.

I would delighted if that were true PTBCAL. Is this something you have heard or wishful thinking on your part ?

If that is the case, then the question would remain re interference. IF CO has got the job of picking a manager then that is a step forward, if he cannot offer a new manager the right to select any player he wishes then we are taking three steps backwards.

Miller Jambo 60
That's my guess too.

Cant wait to stick it up Magee and his shat support.

Why hearts wanted that tim is beyond belief.

I posted this last Tuesday (I think :P).

Hearts never approached Thor - his agent was promoting his client as every good agent does. :mad: Bit like Santini's (nice restaurant behind Sheraton btw) agent.

Tenative enquiry took place in Jan that's all.

Weiss - well he clearly used us to broker a better deal/job in Slovenia.

I understand a new shortlist has been drawn up - it will be interesting to see the dross coming out of that in the coming weeks.

I've seen the shortlist:

A) Stevie Frail

B) Stevie Frail

C) Stevie Frail

D Stevie Frail

Why don't people email Hearts or the hacks that write the stories with their complaints rather than moaning on here? Maybe you'll get the answers you're looking for

try and you'll get a lot of rubbish from lawrence brodie.

he tows the party line.

Why does he need the team given to him 24 hours in advance if he is not going to make any 'recomendations'?

what gives the right for someone who hasn't a clue about football to make recommendations. owner or not romanov is a clueless bampot when it comes to football and HE should appoint a manager who knows what he's doing.

SOD ROMANOV.

Miller Jambo 60
what gives the right for someone who hasn't a clue about football to make recommendations. owner or not romanov is a clueless bampot when it comes to football and HE should appoint a manager who knows what he's doing.

SOD ROMANOV.

Pay him off mitch or be quiet

Gigolo-Aunt
Cant wait to stick it up Magee and his shat support.

Why hearts wanted that tim is beyond belief.

My word.

Imeantasong

Unless it's to see how pesh the team looks, so he can decide not to bother coming over, again.

Got to say the article doesn't actually reflect the title. But that's not unusual.

Would help if we heard something from our club, but that stopped a couple of years ago, apart from unfulfilled statements. Oh, and when there's something to sell.

try and you'll get a lot of rubbish from lawrence brodie.

he tows the party line.

Emailed Hearts and still waiting. Sent a message to the EEN and at least got a response.

Archived