Under 18s

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

I watched Hearts U18s draw 1-1 with Stirling Albion in a friendly match this evening.  I was looking for any new recruits and hopefully see the young Ukrainian play against kids closer to his own age (and size).  I think the U18s start their league in the next week or two. 

Hearts should have won by a street but their finishing was pretty poor. Scott McGill scored Hearts goal midway through the first half with a tap-in at the back post with the assist coming from the Ukrainian.  The defence switched off for a moment midway through the second half and conceded an equaliser.

Hearts also had a trialist centre back who looked pretty decent.

Hearts lineup

Stone

Grigor, Trialist (Darge) Leddie, Doig

McGill, Hickey (Berry), Ritchie, Trialist, Ward (Denholm)

King

I thought Ritchie had a decent game, but it was the young Ukrainian who looked a talent.  He's obviously got a good deal of skill and a lovely feel for the game, but overdid the little flicks at times.  His most positive attribute is that he always look for a forward pass and in particular sees a decisive pass even in tight spaces.

I'd like to see us take him on and see how he develops over the next couple of years.

scott herbertson

Thanks for the report. It’s always interesting to hear your take on how the youngsters are progressing

26 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Thanks for the report. It’s always interesting to hear your take on how the youngsters are progressing

:spoton:

Footballfirst

The U18 team that played tonight could, in theory, have been strengthened by the inclusion of full timers Cochrane, McDonald, Hamilton, Logan, Sandison, C Smith, Makovora,  Lawler and Strang.

ginger jambo98
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The U18 team that played tonight could, in theory, have been strengthened by the inclusion of full timers Cochrane, McDonald, Hamilton, Logan, Sandison, C Smith, Makovora,  Lawler and Strang.

Guy I'm pals with whose grandson's with the 15s said everyone reckons the young Ukrainian is pretty decent and deserves more time but no one is sure how long we can have him on trial. Says he has a great eye for a killer pass thoigh

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Guy I'm pals with whose grandson's with the 15s said everyone reckons the young Ukrainian is pretty decent and deserves more time but no one is sure how long we can have him on trial. Says he has a great eye for a killer pass thoigh

I guess that we would have a problem getting a visa for him at 16, without guarantees about his education, far less that he is from a country outwith the EU.

jamboinglasgow
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I guess that we would have a problem getting a visa for him at 16, without guarantees about his education, far less that he is from a country outwith the EU.

You would imagine that his agent introduced him to us to get the trial with knowledge that a visa is not an issue.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know who looks after youngsters like this who are away from home.  Do we have billets like George Best when he first came to Manchester?

Portable Badger

Sorry I must missed it all - who's the young Ukrainian trialist you're referring to?  Sounds very positive.

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

As a matter of interest, does anyone know who looks after youngsters like this who are away from home.  Do we have billets like George Best when he first came to Manchester?

Placed with families in the area.

TyphoonJambo

More great info from FF.  Thanks again. However, I notice no more comments on their attractiveness, probably a good move ?

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

More great info from FF.  Thanks again. However, I notice no more comments on their attractiveness, probably a good move ?

All jambos are beautiful

10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I have no idea how visas work in football compared to other lines of work but a woman where I’m currently working is from Ukraine and has had a torrid time with visas during the 5 years she has been here.

26 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Is the lad King , Robbie ? Brother of Billy, Adam & Ross ? 

Robbie King has left Hearts and is playing for Leith Athletic,could be Jay King from the U16s

26 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

If you are going to play a trialist, why substitute him?

Maybe he was brilliant and they wanted him off the pitch and signed up. Or he was rubbish and it was obvious we weren't going to sign him. Or maybe he was injured, take your pick?

5 hours ago, fatjambo said:

Robbie King has left Hearts and is playing for Leith Athletic,could be Jay King from the U16s

5 hours ago, fatjambo said:

Thanks ?