Anyone Done A Business Plan Before?

Moncs

I have an idea which I plan to take forward to companies in the near future (I have a meeting with one on the 18th July), they have asked me to drawy up a business plan but I have never done one before.

Found a few templates and info online but just wondered if anyone in JKB land has done them and could add a few tips?

I have an idea which I plan to take forward to companies in the near future (I have a meeting with one on the 18th July), they have asked me to drawy up a business plan but I have never done one before.

Found a few templates and info online but just wondered if anyone in JKB land has done them and could add a few tips?

Are you starting a new business

I work for Business Gateway pop on to the website, or call 0131 347 2820 and arrange to meet an advisor. They will get you sorted

I work for Business Gateway pop on to the website, or call 0131 347 2820 and arrange to meet an advisor. They will get you sorted

Thanks, its an idea that I have that I want to promote to companies with a view of employing me to push ahead with it.

I did "Starting a New Business" as part of my marketing Degree, but I reckon Lou's people could do a much better job than me!

Thanks, its an idea that I have that I want to promote to companies with a view of employing me to push ahead with it.

what is the idea?;)

Glamorgan Jambo

Loads of times

1. Brief discussion of business concept/idea

2. Fit of idea with external trends/organisational strategy

3. Major risks and remediation strategies

4. Budget needs/expenses

5. Financial impact - usually discounted cash flow analysis (with best, worst and most likely cases)

Good luck

Loads of times

1. Brief discussion of business concept/idea

2. Fit of idea with external trends/organisational strategy

3. Major risks and remediation strategies

4. Budget needs/expenses

5. Financial impact - usually discounted cash flow analysis (with best, worst and most likely cases)

Good luck

Point 5 is very important as it's usually lack of cash flow that kills a new business.

Make sure that, within section 2, you explain clearly:

a) who your target market is

B) how you will go about the sales process

c) why they will buy from you rather than the competition

they are the best way to do it for the first time, they'll give you all the advice you need.

they used to give you a grand to help you along the way aswell...

Archived