Another Vlad thread

H.A.N.S

That's right, here to talk about "saviour" Vlad. Just reading some articles on the net about all the business' he owns throughout several countries. Just thinking what I'd be thinking and do if I was him or in his situation. I have all these companies turning a profit but I have this one company that is haemorraging money but in a lucrative country where I am aiming to establish myself. I would sure as hell give this company my undivided attention. I'd base myself where it is located and work day and night to get on an even keel. What I wouldn't do is make moves to double their debt whilst I can't be sure I will bring in enough money to pay this off. I'd bring in stabililty. I'd put a decent management structure, employ decent personnel and gain some loyalty so that my customers keep bringing their business and increased business should I increase borrowing. What a wouldn't do is flannel my paying customers that I am seeking a decent managerial structure whilst I am thousands of miles away and wait 6 months to speak to someone, who when he rejects my advances, leaves me in a panic. Alternatively I am thinking, leave that mess, I'll concentrate on what is making me money and will try and mend this failing company in my spare time.

To cut a long story short. Is Vlad losing interest? Does he actually care about his failing company and customers?

The Old Tolbooth

It certainly doesn't appear that he has any interest in Hearts, or has had for the last 2 years!

I seriously think his main problem is being a stubborn git and too set in his ways, he thinks he can manage and run a football club the size of Hearts, when he clearly cant! Hearts are a totally different proposition to Kaunus or Ripo who get 20 fans who take thweir dogs to games to swell the crowd, and I honestly don't think he can handle the size of task he's taken on.

He gets away with what he does in his homeland because there is no one to stand up to him, but to be honest, it's extremely disappointing that no one has really stood up to him over here too! That should change though depending on his next move, he has the chance to put things right, or he has the chance to alienate more and more people, I know what my money is on.

He used to turn up to all games home or away, and whilst I wouldn't expect him to be at every game, I would expect him to be at maybe 2 a month, but now the novelty seems to have worn off, he'd rather dance on telly to boost his own ego in his homeland than fix his broken "not so new anymore" toy!

His next move is crucial, over to you Vlad!

skacel is barry

Perhaps he'll realise he's not much good at this real-life FM, he's made a mistake, people don't like him, people don't trust him, he's getting a bad rep, this may have a knock-on effect on his other businesses, and he'll consider selling-up his failing company

I'm not sure if VR has lost interest as such.

He employs people to look after the club and it would seem that off field activities are going relatively well.

But that's the rub. We are more concerned with the primary activity of the football club, namely the footballing side!

Sort that out and the rest will follow.

Also, I doubt he has lost interest if he is still picking the side. If he had lost interest would he still do that?

I don't see why VR should be at every game either. Rodney should, as Chairman, but not VR although a few visits a year would probably be good PR.

I think that having seen his 3 businesses so far in the UK (Hearts, bank, property development); that it is possible that VR runs the rest of the 'empire' as badly as he does those 3 businesses.

Seymour M Hersh
I think that having seen his 3 businesses so far in the UK (Hearts, bank, property development); that it is possible that VR runs the rest of the 'empire' as badly as he does those 3 businesses.

What have you personally seen of the banking and property development side?

Miller Jambo 60
Perhaps he'll realise he's not much good at this real-life FM, he's made a mistake, people don't like him, people don't trust him, he's getting a bad rep, this may have a knock-on effect on his other businesses, and he'll consider selling-up his failing company

Bring back fat pie man.

What have you personally seen of the banking and property development side?

I heard an early stage 'plan' on the banking side from someone then close to it which was preposterous. I have seen the failure to open the bank for service since then on its scaled down aims. With regard to the bank's 'investment' in Hearts, I would argue that it has been imprudent and foolish in terms of returns - they could have made more money by lending to the UK Government with no risk (well not much).

I have seen a purchase of a trophy asset in St Andrew's Square at the top of the property market in Edinburgh, a year's delay, then the rush to try to let it out piecemeal. Add that to the aim of trying to develop an office/retail/residential/hotel site in Gorgie after the property market bursts when it appears that the company have not built anything in the past and finance for those kinds of development have disappeared.

Aye... In **** up to your neck.

He was honest about it but and showed up every week to take the abuse.

He's taken us on as a hobbie and it's not been as easy as he thought it would be. He's lost interest, and teases us with some PR that he knows we want to hear.

We've been rejected by McGee, and Weiss (who?!), we've had some names thrown at us that we may have liked to see in the hotseat, (more Positive spin) and we still have no manager.

We're losing players who were only good enough to get us to 8th and we have no new ones to avoid us slipping further down the table.

He's lost interest and doesn't care.

First 10 games were class tho eh?!

brellierlegend

Romanovs a joke but if anyone think bringing back that fat waste of space is the answer they are clueless. Pieman was instrumental in bringing in Vlad remember. Yet another shambolic string to his bow as Hearts chief exec.

He also was or still is on Vlads payroll as a consultant. No wonder things are so bad!

Seymour M Hersh
I heard an early stage 'plan' on the banking side from someone then close to it which was preposterous. I have seen the failure to open the bank for service since then on its scaled down aims. With regard to the bank's 'investment' in Hearts, I would argue that it has been imprudent and foolish in terms of returns - they could have made more money by lending to the UK Government with no risk (well not much).

I have seen a purchase of a trophy asset in St Andrew's Square at the top of the property market in Edinburgh, a year's delay, then the rush to try to let it out piecemeal. Add that to the aim of trying to develop an office/retail/residential/hotel site in Gorgie after the property market bursts when it appears that the company have not built anything in the past and finance for those kinds of development have disappeared.

Fairly vague and on the outside like the rest of us then? Can you elaborate on the preposterous plan? Has the bank not opened at all or was it always meant to be a corporate lending institution rather than a retail bank in this country?

I'll guess you are in the property business and that's why you've been privvy to all the delays/rushes to let etc etc. I've not really seen anything in the press regarding it tbh. Would it be fair to say long term it is likely to still be a really good investment?

He's taken us on as a hobbie and it's not been as easy as he thought it would be. He's lost interest, and teases us with some PR that he knows we want to hear.

We've been rejected by McGee, and Weiss (who?!), we've had some names thrown at us that we may have liked to see in the hotseat, (more Positive spin) and we still have no manager.

We're losing players who were only good enough to get us to 8th and we have no new ones to avoid us slipping further down the table.

He's lost interest and doesn't care.

First 10 games were class tho eh?!

Bring back Barasa, looked like a prop forward off the rugby field :)

Fairly vague and on the outside like the rest of us then? Can you elaborate on the preposterous plan? Has the bank not opened at all or was it always meant to be a corporate lending institution rather than a retail bank in this country?

I'll guess you are in the property business and that's why you've been privvy to all the delays/rushes to let etc etc. I've not really seen anything in the press regarding it tbh. Would it be fair to say long term it is likely to still be a really good investment?

On the first point, the original intention was to be much more of a fee based business bringing Lithuanian etc companies to the UK investor base than a lending/deposit business. From what I heard at the time it was half baked. I don't think that the bank has opened at all yet in the UK, but happy to be corrected if wrong.

I'm not in property, but have just gone on what I've seen in the press. Don't think there is any doubt that they bought St Andrews Square at the top of the market though. And it looked to me a major shift - rather than redeveloping as the original plan - when they went to the loss amelioration of leasing it out. Of course in the very long term, nobody is making any more St Andrew's Square so it could be a good investment. For example you could create a fantastic hotel out of that property. But if you buy at the top it can be a truely horrible financial experience in the medium term.

The bank is not yet open, through no fault of UKIO - in the last month or two it has made big strides, however, and nearly past the last obstacle.

Colonel Kurtz
The bank is not yet open, through no fault of UKIO - in the last month or two it has made big strides, however, and nearly past the last obstacle.

Its funny that if theres a problems with Romanovs businesses its never their fault..

If they are daft enough to open a take new business in the curent climate then god help them.

I seriously think his main problem is being a stubborn git and too set in his ways, he thinks he can manage and run a football club the size of Hearts, when he clearly cant!

259_bingo.jpg

Miller Jambo 60
You know where you stood with Pieman

Aye on your own, that fat tube ignored me.

Bad move .

The Mighty Thor

The bank has not yet been able to secure a UK banking licence.

18 months after it first applied.

The bank has not yet been able to secure a UK banking licence.

18 months after it first applied.

Not true - it has had this for a long time now, the issue was becoming a clearign bank as UKIO want one of the big banks to do this for them, since given their size it is not worthwile becoming a clearing bank in their own right - they did have the licence though.

Sydney Devine
Not true - it has had this for a long time now, the issue was becoming a clearign bank as UKIO want one of the big banks to do this for them, since given their size it is not worthwile becoming a clearing bank in their own right - they did have the licence though.

Your right, there was problems on this front, but it has all been finally sorted and management and staff of the branch are all in place and about to have the grand opening soon.

To make yourself look OK, you can make a success of something. To make yourself look even better, you can make a success of something on the brink of failure.

Vlad'll turn things around in the long term - its in his own best interests to do so and he's not a stupid man, despite any actions he's taken which appear to be to the contrary.

The Mighty Thor

I'll bow to your superior knowledge in that case.

My understanding was that UKIO still do not have the appropriate licence(s) in place to trade either as a commercial or retail bank.

In the scenario you outline what is preventing them from trading? Inability to secure a clearing back on their behalf. Surprising when Edinburgh is home to 2 of the biggest UK clearing banks. Is there any other reason that they would not be able to trade?

I understand the licence process takes approx 3 months end to end and that the FSA have been granting licences fairly frequently over the last 18 months.

Romanov's interest in buying a Scottish club, was all about being able to showcase the "cream" of Lithuanian players, in the hope of getting them experience of playing in a superior league to Lithuania's, and putting them in the shop window. Unfortunately, cream isn't the only thing that floats to the top, and with the very odd exception, all of the Lithuanian players that have come here have been at best mediocre. It's been well documented that he wants a minimum of three Lith players in the squad every week to honour the deal with Lithuanian TV. Now that he's realised that the Lith players are not good enough, his interest in the club has waned. The problem now is who would buy a club with a debt the size of ours

I'm not sure if VR has lost interest as such.

He employs people to look after the club and it would seem that off field activities are going relatively well.

But that's the rub. We are more concerned with the primary activity of the football club, namely the footballing side!

Sort that out and the rest will follow.

Also, I doubt he has lost interest if he is still picking the side. If he had lost interest would he still do that?

I don't see why VR should be at every game either. Rodney should, as Chairman, but not VR although a few visits a year would probably be good PR.

HELLO !! WAKEN UP TO REALITY !!

romanov has been posted missing for over 2 years now and the puppets he's left over here have no real power so hearts are being mismanaged big-time.

for hearts owner to visit the club a couple of times a year would turn even a weegies stomach.

romanov bootlickers.....no ambition, no pride, no honour and no love for the hearts.

Mr Quagmire
On the first point, the original intention was to be much more of a fee based business bringing Lithuanian etc companies to the UK investor base than a lending/deposit business. From what I heard at the time it was half baked. I don't think that the bank has opened at all yet in the UK, but happy to be corrected if wrong.

I'm not in property, but have just gone on what I've seen in the press. Don't think there is any doubt that they bought St Andrews Square at the top of the market though. And it looked to me a major shift - rather than redeveloping as the original plan - when they went to the loss amelioration of leasing it out. Of course in the very long term, nobody is making any more St Andrew's Square so it could be a good investment. For example you could create a fantastic hotel out of that property. But if you buy at the top it can be a truely horrible financial experience in the medium term.

ABSOLUTE TOSH

Only a Game

He's preparing the business to sell it on.

Reducing debt by selling assets to make it more attractive as a going concern purchase.

Two years I tell you. two years MAX !!

By then we'll be healthy debt wise, but in a hell of a state football wise.

Toxteth O'Grady

Reducing debt by selling assets to make it more attractive as a going concern purchase.

I'd be delighted if all that is true.

ABSOLUTE TOSH

An interesting argument. Would be more interesting for you to expand on your views.

Seymour M Hersh
An interesting argument. Would be more interesting for you to expand on your views.

I know and he was so upset by what you wrote he felt the need to shout!!

Your right, there was problems on this front, but it has all been finally sorted and management and staff of the branch are all in place and about to have the grand opening soon.

source ?????

I know and he was so upset by what you wrote he felt the need to shout!!

I have read my post again and don't really see what is so controversial that it would be rubbished without discussion.

Dirk Diggler

I'm thinking similar, although I ain't giving it two years.

HELLO !! WAKEN UP TO REALITY !!

romanov has been posted missing for over 2 years now and the puppets he's left over here have no real power so hearts are being mismanaged big-time.

for hearts owner to visit the club a couple of times a year would turn even a weegies stomach.

romanov bootlickers.....no ambition, no pride, no honour and no love for the hearts.

You fail to answer my point about VR still picking the side despite having no interest.

If you had read my post properly regarding the football side of the club you would see that I think this is going badly and needs addressed.

I assume your reference to Romanov bootlickers etc is aimed at those he has left running the club?

So I believe, just some form,alities now, so barring disiaster, this is the case.

If he is astute as he think he should raise money to reduce debt with a share issue. Not many folk want to buy a business with no assets.

If he does sell us as you predict, once the assets are stripped it will be to someone like himself who sees us as getting his feet in the door to Britain to advance any other ventures.

Sydney Devine
So I believe, just some form,alities now, so barring disiaster, this is the case.

Staff will all be started in July and the opening is planned for September.

Archived