London Mayoral Advisor Race Row

cosanostra

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080623/tuk-johnson-adviser-quits-in-race-row-6323e80.html

Is anyone else here struggling to see what the guy said that was racist?

"Well, let them go if they don't like it here."

What's wrong with saying that? Why is that racist?

The only thing i can think of that might be dubious was if he was referring to British born, 2nd / 3rd / 4th generation immigrants, but that is never mentioned. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Stuart Lyon

Cosa - have to agree much as I like to see a Tory embarrass themself and the party I see nothing in his remarks that can be construed as racist. The world has gone PC Mad. Did you see the bit yesterday about some council HR guru saying they had told staff to stop using the word brainstorm as epileptics could find it offensive!

Does anyone else not envy the Aussie attitude?

John Howard, although no longer in power, hit the nail on the head when he said (and i summarise) if you dont like it then dont live in Australia.

Whens the next plane over there?

Commander Harris
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080623/tuk-johnson-adviser-quits-in-race-row-6323e80.html

Is anyone else here struggling to see what the guy said that was racist?

"Well, let them go if they don't like it here."

What's wrong with saying that? Why is that racist?

The only thing i can think of that might be dubious was if he was referring to British born, 2nd / 3rd / 4th generation immigrants, but that is never mentioned. Can anyone shed any light on this?

agreed. It is a shame this guy has had to resign, the only reason probably being that Johnson wants to distance himself from any comments that might be perceived as racist, even when that perception is way off.

Part of the problem with this country today is that it is impossible to have a serious discussion about sensitive areas such as immigration. The PC Brigade is all too eager to jump in immediately and brand someone a racist just because they have views that are different to what the PC Brigade deem acceptable. :mad:

Boab Mugabe
Part of the problem with this country today is that it is impossible to have a serious discussion about sensitive areas such as immigration. The PC Brigade is all too eager to jump in immediately and brand someone a racist just because they have views that are different to what the PC Brigade deem acceptable. :mad:

Doormat Britian. I'm surprised anything gets done here with some of their attitudes.

An odd observation is that many who are fastest to cry wolf or see racism in anything are often British born and bred, often perversely over-compensating for their lack of 'diversity'. :confused:

Carl Spackler

The article basically says a "Black commentator" stated Caribbean immigrants would go back to the Caribbean because Boris Johnson had become Mayor and asked the guy now sacked what he thought of this?

Who's the racist there then? The guy being asked the question?

Archived