Virgin media

jamborich

In dispute with uktv 10 channels shut down including Dave and Gold although now getting premier sports as one of the replacements 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, jamborich said:

In dispute with uktv 10 channels shut down including Dave and Gold although now getting premier sports as one of the replacements 

Aye noticed last night that yesterday is away as well, dont know when or if they will get it sorted.:mad:

been here before

Gutted now I wont be able to watch whole weekends of Citizen Khan, Miranda or Mrs Browns Boys.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Gutted now I wont be able to watch whole weekends of Citizen Khan, Miranda or Mrs Browns Boys.

:laugh::laugh:

A pathetic dispute, all because Virgin were demanding a discount

:cornette: 

Virgin will back down, they can't afford the bad publicity and people leaving over losing these channels.

Not only have they lost the subscription UKTV channels, but they've been blocked from showing the free ones too.

been here before
12 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Liverpool v Dortmund..bonus

Aye but at the cost of Butterflies, Are You Being Served or 40 year old repeats of Dads Army.

25 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye but at the cost of Butterflies, Are You Being Served or 40 year old repeats of Dads Army.

Only fools and horses i could watch all day

been here before
8 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Only fools and horses i could watch all day

You can pick up the entire box set for about 3 shillings and a button. You dont need a TV channel showing that and Hi De Hi.

Just now, Cade said:

Could be losing ITV2, 3&4 this weekend due to another contract dispute

:cornette:  What's going on at Virgin?

FFS The Tour!!!!

7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Could be losing ITV2, 3&4 this weekend due to another contract dispute

:cornette:  What's going on at Virgin?

Their spat with ITV is long standing but looks like ITV have jumped on the bandwagon after UKTV and also ITV ad revenues have vastly increased with the WC this year, puts them in a stronger position with Virgin.

Negotiated a wee £10 a month discount because Dave is in my top 5 most watched channels. The woman on the phone sounded disappointed in me :lol:

Feel Virgin are sheight full stop just now.

I've had numerous problems with their broadband over the last couple of years ,especially with online gaming , and been on the blower a few times.

They do their pishy check from their desk and tell you its all fine.

They creep up their costs every year but will never send out am engineer.

The Gold thing tipped me over the edge :lol:   

Looking into Sky packages now.

• 3 weeks later...
been here before

Might have to give the game a miss this afternoon now I have the chance to watch endlessly repeated 35 year old episodes of Only Fools and Horses.

Or Sharpe.

Edited by been here before

Fell out with them years ago, when they took over from Blueyonder. Refused to pay them about £200+, wrote a 4 page letter with issues, which they never replied to. They sent a debt collector to my house, who  I told of issues and invited him in to discuss further, he declined and I never heard from them again.

been here before
16 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Fell out with them years ago, when they took over from Blueyonder. Refused to pay them about £200+, wrote a 4 page letter with issues, which they never replied to. They sent a debt collector to my house, who  I told of issues and invited him in to discuss further, he declined and I never heard from them again.

The word hero is used all too often theses days...

The Real Maroonblood
On 26/07/2018 at 18:57, Debut 4 said:

Feel Virgin are sheight full stop just now.

I've had numerous problems with their broadband over the last couple of years ,especially with online gaming , and been on the blower a few times.

They do their pishy check from their desk and tell you its all fine.

They creep up their costs every year but will never send out am engineer.

The Gold thing tipped me over the edge :lol:   

Looking into Sky packages now.

I was with VM for years and never had any issues with them.

I recently moved house and they weren’t available.

Was getting Sky but their were issues with upgrading the system in block.

.Had to get BT.

Probably the worst company I’ve dealt with.

Couldn’t run a bath.

Everything is alright now but not a patch on VM in my option.

The only issue I’ve had in many years of using them was having to complain my connection was slower than I was paying for despite a supposed upgrade. I then proceeded to have a phone call where they told me that I had to use their test for speed as none of the online ones were truthful. And then was told that I couldn’t accurately measure it anyway as I use Apple products. Bollocks. 

Oddly the speed was up to what it should be within 24 hours despite being told there wasn’t a problem. 

Never had any lasting performance issues with them but I do have to phone them up for a discount on an annual basis as they constantly add a few quid on to your bill and add channels to your package without any consultation.

I was with VM for a good few years. I got a call from BT who made me an offer to good to refuse. So I phoned VM back to see if they could match or better it. I found them to be pretty poor and quite unhelpful. I'm with BT and couldn't be happier.