Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• ri Alban

• Mikey1874

• I P Knightley

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There was a time when Pete Sampras was dominating that every game was like this though quicker and less rallies.

Then players learnt to return the big serves better. 

This is at least being played without undue delay between points.

Who will be the one to watch? This is the first hour I've watched of Wimbledon. I lose interest when Andy isn't playing. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who will be the one to watch? This is the first hour I've watched of Wimbledon. I lose interest when Andy isn't playing. 

Nadal v Djokovic could be a classic 

Young Colombian heartbroken after semi final defeat to young Draper. (Some swagger he has) :D A gallus wee dude. 

Young Colombian heartbroken after semi final defeat to young Draper. (Some swagger he has) :D A gallus wee dude. 

Colombian saved at least 13 match points

Maroon Sailor

50 games for one set

If you won 7-6 7-6 7-6 that's only 39 games for 3 sets

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Isner is proper shit

I wish I was as shit as him at tennis. :D I'd be mintit. 

rudi must stay
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Isner is proper shit

Great attitude but alot of work needed. Alot like ironically his semi final opponent Milos Raonic. It all makes tennis an exciting and unpredictable sport

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Final set should go as far as 9-9 then bring in the tie-break

There has to be a cut off point, that's for sure.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

They need to introduce a 5th set tie breaker. 

If they still want a special 5th set, they could bring in the TB at 10-10. Unless Rafa and Djoko do the same, we know for certain that the winner comes from those two.

Just now, I P Knightley said:

If they still want a special 5th set, they could bring in the TB at 10-10. Unless Rafa and Djoko do the same, we know for certain that the winner comes from those two.

I was gonna say 10/10. It would be a good compromise, or even first to 10, without the 2 game advantage required to win. 

I P Knightley
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

C'mon Rafa. Prove I.P wrang. 

That doesn't take much doing, to be honest! 

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Final set should go as far as 9-9 then bring in the tie-break

I was typing as you were posting. I've already pitched it to the authorities. If my ship comes in, I'll buy you a pint. 

That doesn't take much doing, to be honest! 

I was typing as you were posting. I've already pitched it to the authorities. If my ship comes in, I'll buy you a pint. 

Did you play tennis at a high level?

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, Barack said:

If Anderson takes a set off either Rafa, or Novak, it'll be seen as an achievement after this.

it'll be like that one when Cilic turned up half dead and with rotten feet. 

Looking forward to Djokovic bouncing the ball 15 times every 30 second serve and Nadal going through his 30 second serve twitch routine.     Not.

Interesting contrast in games.

Isner v Anderson was pretty sporting. No hysteronics or aggressive shows on winning points. But Nadal and Djokovic have the aggression needed to go with their talent. 

All kidding aside, these two are exceptional. How Andy Pandy competed with Roger, Rafa and Novak is beyond me. Heart of a rampant lion. 

I P Knightley
Just now, ri Alban said:

Did you play tennis at a high level?

6 foot 3. Is that high enough? :D

I didn't. Was a competent club player but my kids became quite good and were quite high level for their age groups before opting for team sports. 

6 foot 3. Is that high enough? :D

I didn't. Was a competent club player but my kids became quite good and were quite high level for their age groups before opting for team sports. 

It's just your knowledge, it's more than just your average Joe's opinion. Good stuff. 

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Posh c×^7s in the royal box leaving all the seats empty. Fokkers.

Just getting their salmon and cucumber sandwiches. They'll be back. 

rudi must stay

It's just your knowledge, it's more than just your average Joe's opinion. Good stuff. 

Ye his knowledge is very strong. Djokovic has come out very strong, which I didn't expect. Djokovic has a strong record in recent years v Nadal

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Ye his knowledge is very strong. Djokovic has come out very strong, which I didn't expect. Djokovic has a strong record in recent years v Nadal

26 v 25 to Djokovic v Nadal overall 

I P Knightley
Just now, ri Alban said:

I've got to keep my knowledge up for when I meet Annabel Croft, otherwise she might not marry me. 

Seriously, I've followed tennis quite closely since 1978 or so.  I can watch it without being too emotionally involved. Favourites come and go; some years are better than others. It's different to having a commitment to a club like Hearts. More relaxing. 

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Rafa's puny right arm makes laugh, his left arm gives me the fear. It must be murder playing these two. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

26 v 25 to Djokovic v Nadal overall 

Djokovic can appear in these occasions and play near perfect tennis. So consistent and difficult to win a point v. Seems to play in a very calm way too, nothing gets to him

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I've got to keep my knowledge up for when I meet Annabel Croft, otherwise she might not marry me.

She's still a bloody delight.

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Seriously, I've followed tennis quite closely since 1978 or so.  I can watch it without being too emotionally involved. Favourites come and go; some years are better than others. It's different to having a commitment to a club like Hearts. More relaxing. 

I enjoy yer posts. :thumb: It's a pleasant change from the usual guff. 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Rafa's puny right arm makes laugh, his left arm gives me the fear. It must be murder playing these two. 

I saw Djokovic before a game in 2016, during his unbeaten run. He looks about 7 foot and he had that crazy smile he does with those eyes, must admit that gave me the fear a little bit. I understood then why he's so intimidating for other players

We've been fortunate that despite injuries Federer, Nadal and Djokovic have all come back. 

It's been a great era. Great tennis. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

We've been fortunate that despite injuries Federer, Nadal and Djokovic have all come back. 

It's been a great era. Great tennis. 

It has. The same with Messi and CR7. Spoilt rotten. 

I P Knightley
9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

She's still a bloody delight.

She liked one of my Tweets about a month ago. 

I'm no expert on Twitter but that's practically an invitation for me to come and get her. 

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Has Rafa got a hole in his wig? 

His hair always parts like the red sea when he's sweating.

The tan on Bjorn Borg! :o

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Has Rafa got a hole in his wig? 

He and Murray are both getting a little too tall for their hair. 

Funny that nobody knew that Agassi was wearing a wig. Wayne Ferreira was joking that if he'd known, he'd have given it a tug. He also said that he'd do the same as me: mess with Nadal's bottles on the way out to court then, just as you're about to serve to him, point them out to Rafa. :D

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

He and Murray are both getting a little too tall for their hair. 

Funny that nobody knew that Agassi was wearing a wig. Wayne Ferreira was joking that if he'd known, he'd have given it a tug. He also said that he'd do the same as me: mess with Nadal's bottles on the way out to court then, just as you're about to serve to him, point them out to Rafa. :D

When I heard Agassi wore a wig, I laughed for about a week. I still don't believe it tho. 

Edited by ri Alban