Bangkok Hearts

Mr Maroon

I was on the official club website, and I notice under the Supporters Clubs there is an entry listed for Bangkok Hearts.

I'm going to Bangkok on 30 June for a city break.

Anybody know anything about the Supporters Club?

Surely there is not a Jambo pub in Bangkok?

I was on the official club website, and I notice under the Supporters Clubs there is an entry listed for Bangkok Hearts.

I'm going to Bangkok on 30 June for a city break.

Anybody know anything about the Supporters Club?

Surely there is not a Jambo pub in Bangkok?

I'm sure there's a guy on here who posts under that name. He'll be on the members list so you could send him a p.m. The Bangkok Hearts flag was at a number of European games over the last few years. I spoke to the guy at an airport (can't remember which one), he does run a bar but I think it's at Pattaya on the coast.

I'm sure there's a guy on here who posts under that name. He'll be on the members list so you could send him a p.m. The Bangkok Hearts flag was at a number of European games over the last few years. I spoke to the guy at an airport (can't remember which one), he does run a bar but I think it's at Pattaya on the coast.

Yes there is a bar and it's in Pattaya, I've got friends living there and the guy running the bar was from Corstorphine, can't remember the name of the bar yet though, i've got a card with the name and address somewhere but i'll need to search around for it. The guy's name is Coops and he does go to European matches, I remember him drinking in the Rainbow some years back.

Bonnie Prince Charlie

Coops from Clermiston is the guy in Pattaya. He's at the "famous Coops bar" (used to be called the "three Lions bar") at Soi Post Office. I understand that the guy who posts on here had an interest in a bar on bangkok but, I may be wrong, I get the impression he's not over there any more. I was only in the BK bar for a quick pint a while back and he wasn't in at the time.

Bangkok Hearts (ie. the poster on JKB) does indeed run Bangkok Hearts (a small gathering in Thailand's capital) headquartered at a minimalist bar patronised by exiled Brits. I was there this time last year and had an interesting evening with BH. The lads in the bar, including the gaffer, were good and generous company (just watch out for the p*sshead Spurs fan who also hangs out in the bar: argument-in-an-empty-room material, him). Paul (Mr Bangkok Hearts) himself was a great host and showed me the sights of this ...erm, culturally diverse part of Bangkok. Get in touch via email or mobile, the addy/numbers are on their web site.

The guy who goes by the name of 'Coops' runs Thailand Hearts, but as already stated he's based in one of the holiday resort areas, not in Bangkok, I believe.

davemclaren
Bangkok Hearts (ie. the poster on JKB) does indeed run Bangkok Hearts (a small gathering in Thailand's capital) headquartered at a minimalist bar patronised by exiled Brits. I was there this time last year and had an interesting evening with BH. The lads in the bar, including the gaffer, were good and generous company (just watch out for the p*sshead Spurs fan who also hangs out in the bar: argument-in-an-empty-room material, him). Paul (Mr Bangkok Hearts) himself was a great host and showed me the sights of this ...erm, culturally diverse part of Bangkok. Get in touch via email or mobile, the addy/numbers are on their web site.

The guy who goes by the name of 'Coops' runs Thailand Hearts, but as already stated he's based in one of the holiday resort areas, not in Bangkok, I believe.

I presume that nasty infection has now cleared up.... :whistling:

I understand that the guy who posts on here had an interest in a bar on bangkok but, I may be wrong, I get the impression he's not over there any more.

I think his only interest in the bar is in drinking in it. Wasn't aware that he'd left Bangkok, but my last contact was ca. 10 months ago...

There is a 'Jambo Bar' in Patong on the Island of ****et. The bar sign is the Hearts badge.

I was in there a couple of weeks ago but the owners were away. Last thing i thought i would have seen was a Hearts pub in Thailand.

There are 2 pub's run by hearts fans in Pattaya. Coops' and and another called GKbar. Have a look for them if you make it to Pattaya. I am sure they will make you feel most welcome and they will let you know all the do's and dont's of Thialand, although there aren't very dont's.

There is a 'Jambo Bar' in Patong on the Island of ****et. The bar sign is the Hearts badge.

I was in there a couple of weeks ago but the owners were away. Last thing i thought i would have seen was a Hearts pub in Thailand.

we are all over the world

Hilary Briss
The GKbar still going then, run by an ex member of The Westfield Flats mob!

Yep, he still has it.

Load of gorgie lads out there recently.

Nucky Thompson
The GKbar still going then, run by an ex member of The Westfield Flats mob!
Step forward Gags, his bar is still going strong:)

Coops, what a guy, possibly one of the funniesy people I have ever met!!

Aye!, he's some machine, I remember years back when he sang on the Karaoke in the Harp in Corstorphine(as it was then), he had the whole pubs attention when singing, then kicking his shoes off up in the air while dancing during a musical interlude in his song, everybody diving for cover incase they got hit by his shoes, it was hysterical!

One things for sure (it's old) is the juke box will be a bit different if you catch my drift - you'll get a good old sing song

Coops, what a guy, possibly one of the funniesy people I have ever met!!

When coops used to do the brewery run, he would class his next days work in terms of pints - if he had 20 pubs to deliver to it was a twenty pinter

When he finished work he would usually be found in some boozer in Corstorphine

Archived