Stubbs to be appointed St Mirren manager

Chaps

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Gazbo said:

As long as oor craigie doesn't mention medals or winning anything then he might just get under their skins and have a field day winding them both up with his keek but I somehow doubt that 

:jj_facepalm:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juanjo15

• Morgan

• Busby8

• Maroon Sailor

6 hours ago, Gazbo said:

As long as oor craigie doesn't mention medals or winning anything then he might just get under their skins and have a field day winding them both up with his keek but I somehow doubt that 

The stench peels off you.

:bolt:

Edited by iantjambo

13 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If he keeps them up, which I believe he will, he'll be seen as a success.

Hibs did play good football under him, as much as I don't like to admit it.

A bit of a myth, they struggled to win games in the championship, never by more than the odd goal. Yes it looked relatively pretty but was ineffective. Came 3rd in a 2 horse race.

Credit to him for winning the Scottish cup, but it was the worst Rangers and Celtic team in living memory they were up against.

Thankfully looks like a poor appointment. 

Phil Dunphy
50 minutes ago, karipidis said:

A bit of a myth, they struggled to win games in the championship, never by more than the odd goal. Yes it looked relatively pretty but was ineffective. Came 3rd in a 2 horse race.

Credit to him for winning the Scottish cup, but it was the worst Rangers and Celtic team in living memory they were up against.

Thankfully looks like a poor appointment. 

Something that Robbie, for all his good points, couldn’t do. 

We we all know he was a good manager up here. 

33 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Something that Robbie, for all his good points, couldn’t do. 

We we all know he was a good manager up here. 

To not get out the championship in 2 season, for me, makes him an average manager. John Hughes won the cup the year before him, doesn’t make him a good manager. Time will tell I guess. 

Celtic reserves will be delighted...hibs and St Mirren fighting over them to give them first team football. Stubbs will relegate them nap!

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Celtic reserves will be delighted...hibs and St Mirren fighting over them to give them first team football. Stubbs will relegate them nap!

Who was the last person to have been involved with all three Celtic sides? 

7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Who was the last person to have been involved with all three Celtic sides? 

No sure the last one...but the next one will be wee banjo boy McGinn. 

Absolutely gash at Rotherham and the cup win saved him at Hibs after 2 shocking attempts at promotion, seriously they actually struggled at points against Dumbarton etc. 

I will revise my league prediction now and say St Mirren have to be favourites to go down.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
19 hours ago, milky_26 said:

ruled himself out

Ruling yourself out of a job you have not been asked to apply for? :cornette:

INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

There should be a real bunfight between the vermin and St Liedoon for the castoffs they will want to borrow from the mhanks. 

They are welcome to it. Three different shitehawks from the same rat piss infested pod. 

Feck the three of them.

Ha ha like it shitehawks.

16 hours ago, Finlay James said:

???

Hes a terrible manager, couldn't happen to a nicer club

A terrible manager who had Robbie's number.

Ryan Jarman

Fun fact - Stubbs never had Hibs top of the table once in 2 years the Championship. 

INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874

Popeye and the ginger minger imagine the love in when St midden and Hibvermin meet.

40 minutes ago, Texia said:

Absolutely gash at Rotherham and the cup win saved him at Hibs after 2 shocking attempts at promotion, seriously they actually struggled at points against Dumbarton etc. 

I will revise my league prediction now and say St Mirren have to be favourites to go down.

This.  

24 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Looks like hubz might have to share their racellic loans with another club

Dont the share with the sheep anyway? 

10 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Dont the share with the sheep anyway? 

They will loan players out to almost any club in Scotland except 2.

Some of those clubs will get first dibs.

It's not an agenda likesay,........ just a coincidence.

Edit,.... not that I'm looking for any of their cast-offs here,.......... but the whole thing with loaning out players like that stinks to high heaven.

12 hours ago, Gazbo said:

Stinkin'

12 hours ago, Gazbo said:

:jj_facepalm: Goodness, youv’e hidden that well.

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Not even a hint of subtlety from him.

Unreal isn’t it?

:cornette_dog:

6 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

They will loan players out to almost any club in Scotland except 2.

Some of those clubs will get first dibs.

It's not an agenda likesay,........ just a coincidence.

Edit,.... not that I'm looking for any of their cast-offs here,.......... but the whole thing with loaning out players like that stinks to high heaven.

Have we enquired about any of their players on loan? 

9 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Have we enquired about any of their players on loan? 

Probably not.

Hardly worth our while.

But whether we have or have not............. the whole thing still stinks.

2 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Probably not.

Hardly worth our while.

But whether we have or have not............. the whole thing still stinks.

I don’t think it would be select clubs they loan players to if they loan to Aberdeen.  If we employed a former Celtic player as manager I don’t believe there would be a problem with them loaning players to us as we don’t pressnt a challenge to them. 

Edited by Juanjo15

Big Slim Stylee
27 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Unreal isn’t it?

:cornette_dog:

“our craigie”.

Who actually talks like that? ??? 

15 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Didn't see that coming. Interesting

Edited by AlimShoot

31 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:jj_facepalm: Goodness, youv’e hidden that well.

What was it gave it away Oor Craigie or the previous posts saying they live right beside Easter Road and explaining how Rangers n Hibs fans enter the stadium seperately ?

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

I don’t think it would be select clubs they loan players to if they loan to Aberdeen.  If we employed a former Celtic player as manager I don’t believe there would be a problem with them loaning players to us as we don’t prevent a challenge to them. 

No ??

hubz,.............Griffiths, Henderson, Stokes, Commons, Ambrose, McGeogh, Allan........... and a few more I could name if I put my mind to it.

All have been loaned at some stage.

dons,........ Christie, ( are there more ?).

7 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

No ??

hubz,.............Griffiths, Henderson, Stokes, Commons, Ambrose, McGeogh, Allan........... and a few more I could name if I put my mind to it.

All have been loaned at some stage.

dons,........ Christie, ( are there more ?).

Like I said, former player goes back to old club to try get players to benefit his side.  Just like Stubbs will do for St Mirren.  I don’t think that’s because Celtic particularly want to deal with Hibs.  

2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Like I said, former player goes back to old club to try get players to benefit his side.  Just like Stubbs will do for St Mirren.  I don’t think that’s because Celtic particularly want to deal with Hibs.  

Ok

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

He's never managed in the Prem but his record against Prem teams is P11 W6 DR L1. 7 wins if you count the cup final against an already promoted Rangers. So there's something there. 

Saying that, he always looked to me like the pressure got to him in the league. Some of the stuff he used to come out with. It'll be fun and games watching him if they tank. 

1 minute ago, Busby8 said:

Ok

You obviously do, fair enough.  Did they loan lots of their players before Stubbs/Lennon? I genuinley don’t know at all. 

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

What was it gave it away Oor Craigie or the previous posts saying they live right beside Easter Road and explaining how Rangers n Hibs fans enter the stadium seperately ?

Or a combination therein.

Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

He's never managed in the Prem but his record against Prem teams is P11 W6 DR L1. 7 wins if you count the cup final against an already promoted Rangers. So there's something there. 

Saying that, he always looked to me like the pressure got to him in the league. Some of the stuff he used to come out with. It'll be fun and games watching him if they tank. 

It might be he’s good at getting his team to raise their game in that case Midden will be doing that 6 teams of the season which would be bad news for them come the split when they will be in scraps which is where he’s failed miserably. 

19 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

“our craigie”.

Who actually talks like that? ??? 

No’ anyone on here anyway.

Well, Hearts fans that is ::troll::

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No’ anyone on here anyway.

Well, Hearts fans that is ::troll::

What are you trying to say Morgan? ?

2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

You obviously do, fair enough.  Did they loan lots of their players before Stubbs/Lennon? I genuinley don’t know at all. 

Neither do I and I can't be ersed googling it.

It happens now though, and it seems to have increased over the last few years when the loan system has been utilised a lot more.

Maybe we don't see things the same way, but to me there is a clear tie-in between the 2 clubs that goes beyond former players holding managerial positions.

Ryan Jarman

I can only think of Richie Towell as a pre Stubbs/Lennon loan deal tbh

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

What are you trying to say Morgan? ?

Och, nothing really.

Just got the slightest suspicion, only slight like, that there may be one or two erm... interlopers present at this time.

Probably wrong :whistling: 

Just now, Morgan said:

Och, nothing really.

Just got the slightest suspicion, only slight like, that there may be one or two erm... interlopers present at this time.

Probably wrong :whistling: 

Strange you should say that , was something that crossed my mind too , only for the briefest second obviously as no one would be sad enough to come on here and pretend to be a Hearts fan......

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Strange you should say that , was something that crossed my mind too , only for the briefest second obviously as no one would be sad enough to come on here and pretend to be a Hearts fan......

Of course not.

They'd have to be daft, simple, a touch deluded, devoid of reality and have an overwhelming urge to be on a big teams fansite.

So, in short, nobody would be that downright silly.

Would they? :greggy:

52 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Neither do I and I can't be ersed googling it.

It happens now though, and it seems to have increased over the last few years when the loan system has been utilised a lot more.

Maybe we don't see things the same way, but to me there is a clear tie-in between the 2 clubs that goes beyond former players holding managerial positions.

Over the past few years they have had 2 former Celtic captains as managers I doubt they went to get loads of Celtic loans under Alex Miller Terry Butcher Bobby Willimson and Alex McLeish.  In fact that’s a staggering amount of ex huns as managers. 

1 hour ago, Juanjo15 said:

Commons 3 game deal was the clincher for me....and he made a huge difference...Stubbs and Lennon have both used Celtic and Celtic are happy to oblige knowing full well if they want a hibs player they don't even have to ask they just take them.

2 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

Over the past few years they have had 2 former Celtic captains as managers I doubt they went to get loads of Celtic loans under Alex Miller Terry Butcher Bobby Willimson and Alex McLeish.  In fact that’s a staggering amount of ex huns as managers. 

That is indeed staggering.

And no they didn't go for loans with those managers as you say. However, the loan merry go-round we are seeing today wasn't as prevalent in the days of Miller, Williamson and Mcleish.

hubz do this now though and are able to tap into Celtic with greater ease and a greater chance of a result than any other team in Scotland.

You've got to wonder what Celtic's end game is in all this...... continually loaning out players to a team who for a few seasons played in the same competitive league as their perceived greatest rivals?

Funny too how it's seemed to get all pally once Lawwell and Petrie ended up in their lofty positions, never mind about the ex players/managers saga, and that other, ahem ......... elephant in the room, (not that I entirely subscribe to that particular theory).

Anyway, I'll bow out of this discussion now in deference to the OP and the original theme of this thread.

For what it's worth......... I think Stubbs will probably do ok as st midden boss. Well I think he will at least keep them up, .... unfortunately.

Edited by Busby8