Patrick Kisnorbo Returning To Scotland

missusm

Unfortunately not to Hearts (at least not yet).

Motherwell and Aberdeen are in talks with Paddy about a move back up north. He's looking for a move back here to try and enhance his chances of playing for the national team.

Good luck to him, just hope that whoever is in charge of our transfer dealiings these days has a look at the situation.

Only a Game

He's improved since he went to Leicester by all accounts and was attracting interest from the EPL.

Thought he was out for a year with a knee injury though ?

Mentioned on here this morning that I had been reading Wallace Mercer's book.

In it there was an interview with George McNeill who used to do the fitness/sprint training work with the Hearts squad.

In it he describes players who look like their arms and legs are going fast - so they should be fast runners - but are in fact 'slow'. They waste their energy due to an inefficient running style. That was Kisnorbo all over.

And he was pretty poor on the ball too. Was delighted when he left. Wouldn't want to see him back, though obviously he's better than much of the rubbish in the squad at the moment.

He's improved since he went to Leicester by all accounts and was attracting interest from the EPL.

Thought he was out for a year with a knee injury though ?

Yes he was injured back in April but he's expected to be back playing in time for the new season.

Because he was!

He was a young kid when we had him and the potential was there IMO. Currently compared to the pish we watch these days and the money we pay them i don't think he was that bad. Certainly no where near as bad as some make out.

Ibrahim Tall

Everton, Wigan and a couple other premiership sides were after him the other year there. Far too good for Motherwell or Aberdeen, suprised if the story isn't bollocks.

I always like Paddy, was a solid utility man who played most positions except his natural one.

I think part of the hatred was for non footballing reasons among a section of the support

I personally would take him back in a second however I would be surprised if he ends up in the SPL as because already said he was being linked with the EPL for 2 million odd not all that long ago before injury scuppered it

Kisnorbo was a decent player. I liked him and genuinely thought he was decent. I'd take him back in a minute.

Always liked Paddy not sure why people on here think he is so bad.

It's not that he was so bad, just...not particularly good! He was slow, had a weird running style and his passing was woeful, where would he fit into our team? Was he supposed to be a defender, left-back or midfielder? If it was midfield, he's no better than what we have there at the moment, Jonsson, Aguiar,Stewart and Palazuelos. He'll probably end up at Dundee Utd with Levein and DeVries again or Aberdeen with Maybury, maybe even (dare I say it....) Hibs!!

He was "versatile" - literal translation being "not actually very good at anything in particular". Useful player to have around, mind, but I don't see that it's worth any of this "unfortunately not to Hearts" carry on.

Paddy Kisnorbo was booed as he came on for his debut by a section of our support

Anyone remember the exact reason for that....

Paddy Kisnorbo was booed as he came on for his debut by a section of our support

Did he have a picture of you on his back?

:P

Why dont you enlighten us, oh Wise One ?

Regular John

How is that relevant?

A handful of knuckle draggers booed him for crossing himself, hardly warrants a mention though.

Don't remember that happening, that's twice now you've referred to how he was treated by supporters, maybe it's you that's got the problem, maybe it was you who booed him on his debut, hmmm....now I can see why loads of folk on JKB think your a d***head. By the way, why don't you say exactly what you mean about the treatment Kisnorbo got? Maybe your scared you'll get banned from the moderators, do us all a favour!

Did he have a picture of you on his back?

:P

:laugh:

I've got a picture of Prancer.

Would you like to see it ?

Ron Burgundy

He had the hiccups.

Not a great full back, a worse midfielder but a decent defender.

See, Romanov is not the only one that plays players in the wrong position!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Away and get a grip. Miko, Velicka, Larry Kingston among others all cross themselves as they come onto the park without getting booed, explain why Kisnorbo was singled out? Unless you are suggesting there is an "anti-Australian" element within our support.

That would surprise me, frankly.

He wasn't great, an honest trier at best.

He sold the jerseys in a European game by getting sent off at Murrayfield too.

$ilvery_Moon

He won't be playing again until at least November. He did his cruciate ligament. There is no way that Aberdeen or Motherwell could afford him either.

He sold the jerseys in a European game by getting sent off at Murrayfield too.

Is that not what exactly what we lack nowadays ? there were plenty of games last season where I would have bit somebody's hand off for a couple of "honest triers" in the team

The Old Tolbooth

A headless chicken at best, I didn't rate him at all, fair play if he's developed into a better player now though.

maroonedinoz

Never fancied him myself, whether he played at South Melbourne, Hearts or Leicester city.

Had his chance(s) in the national side, and not quoted there now.

Not sure how simply returning to the SPL helps his chances of getting back in the Socceroo squad

So honest he tried a badly executed dive in an important European game.

At Leicester he was nothing much until he moved into the back four. There he became a success and was popular with the fans. However he would surely prefer Aberdeen or Motherwell to League one football but can they afford him?

The injury might mean he is not wanted by English clubs and would take less money just to play again.

The People's Chimp
Mentioned on here this morning that I had been reading Wallace Mercer's book.

In it there was an interview with George McNeill who used to do the fitness/sprint training work with the Hearts squad.

In it he describes players who look like their arms and legs are going fast - so they should be fast runners - but are in fact 'slow'. They waste their energy due to an inefficient running style. That was Kisnorbo all over.

And he was pretty poor on the ball too.

Was delighted when he left. Wouldn't want to see him back, though obviously he's better than much of the rubbish in the squad at the moment.

Does nobody see the irony inherent in the above? :rolleyes: And really, if someone is better than "much of the rubbish in the squad" then surely their signing would be an improvement, non?

Anyway I always liked paddy, i thought he had good potential, he was a young kid when at hearts, and he's gone down south and has improved.

I wouldn't mind him coming back, and reckon he'd do a job for us.

Does nobody see the irony inherent in the above? :rolleyes: And really, if someone is better than "much of the rubbish in the squad" then surely their signing would be an improvement, non?

Anyway I always liked paddy, i thought he had good potential, he was a young kid when at hearts, and he's gone down south and has improved.

I wouldn't mind him coming back, and reckon he'd do a job for us.

I want rid of all the rubbish in the squad and replacement with better players than Kisnorbo.

Another who did not make the grade in England.

waterproof...... whatisyourproof on the above statement exactly. he was a fans favourite at leicester and was linked with a move to the premiership on a few occasions....... do you have to win the premiership to be a sucess.....

He was signed as a promising Centrehalf by Levein, then he was played either left back or midfield where he justifiably got the "Skippy on Ice" tag.

Levein signed him for LCFC where Paddy was thrown into midfield and the LCFC fans could not believe that anybody in their right mind would sign such a diddy (I kept up to date on their 'FoxTalk' fan site).

Then Levein gets the bullet, Paddy gets a chance at Centrehalf and all of a sudden he was putting in MOM performances!

Strange that!:rolleyes:

Wherever we played him he just din't look comfortable. He did score against Braga and the Hobos though! :107years:

:laugh:

I've got a picture of Prancer.

Would you like to see it ?

No thanks, I've just eaten!

The People's Chimp
I want rid of all the rubbish in the squad and replacement with better players than Kisnorbo.

I'd be happy just to get rid of the rubbish in the squad.

You still didn't appear to see the irony in you moaning about someone's ability on the ball....

I'd be happy just to get rid of the rubbish in the squad.

You still didn't appear to see the irony in you moaning about someone's ability on the ball....

don't know what you mean:p

Miller Jambo 60
Always liked Paddy not sure why people on here think he is so bad.

HAd his chance at tyne bye bye

Archived