Jeffries & Robertson for Management Team

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Well we have searched the footballing world over the last 6 months looking

for the candidate that will be capable of challenging for a uefa spot and

beyond . We have now been knocked back by McGhee and Weiss when all

along the common sense appointments would be Jeffries and Robertson .

Imagine the lift these 2 would give the dressing room , the vast majority of

supporters and an honest love for the club being transfered onto the pitch .

These two need no introduction / settling in period to Scottish football

they know the opposition inside out , the youth players comming through

the ranks nationwide , they know what is required to get us challenging .

Robertson has worked for Romanov before and never complained then about

the influence of Vlad , Robbo can handle it and i am sure Jeffries would

if the price was right .

or

we could bring in a foreign coach who does not speak English has no idea

of how the Scottish game works and has no idea what it is like to work

along side Romanov .

Csaba's Broon Shoes
It sounds more appealing than a Frail/Malofeev combo.......but only just.

only just ?

By miles i think and oh

lots more miles

There is an article in one of todays paper from McCoist saying he would like to see Robbo get the the Hearts job and can't understand why we a trawling all around europe for a manager when Robbo would walk over broken glass to come back to Tynie.He also points out Robbo had us in the top 6 and at 2 semi finals much better than we have been of late and also the article says that Romanov twice tried to get Robbo to come back to Hearts as Burley's assistant.

I don't know if he would be any good or not but having worked with Romanov before he might be able to be more flexible with Romanov(no i don't mean let Romanov pick the team)and work with him better.Bigger budget to play with aswell so who knows would def rather have Robbo than Butcher.

Ron Burgundy

Opinions are like erseholes......everyone has got one.

Jefferies is a dinosaur who WAS a great servant to the club but I think it would be a mistake to appoint him.I love him to bits though for the memories he has given me.

Robbo WAS a great player but I've seen nothing to suggest he is even a good coach.

Again a man who has given me some great times but to bring him back would be doing so because of what he has given Hearts and not for what he can offer them now.

All my opinion.

Gigolo-Aunt

Robbos career as a manager is a bit of a train wreck these days.

JJ, would take him in a second. His record at Kilmarnock (apart from last season) is excellent when you take in to account the players who have left and the money he has to spend.

Not a long term solution is JJ, but would certainly steady the ship and get us back on track.

TyphoonJambo

My dream ticket but I would also find a place for Lockey in there as well, However, there is more chance of my arse hole healing up.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

JJ, would take him in a second. His record at Kilmarnock (apart from last season) is excellent when you take in to account the players who have left and the money he has to spend.

Not a long term solution is JJ, but would certainly steady the ship and get us back on track.

Exactly these two legends would work well together

a great double act who would give the supporters hope

and give Romanov an attacking fighting Hearts team

Give the job to JJ and Robbo and give them a few quid to spend. The remaining season tickets would be sold in a week, IMHO.

We can but dream eh !?!

Gigolo-Aunt
Exactly these two legends would work well together

a great double act who would give the supporters hope

and give Romanov an attacking fighting Hearts team

Sorry, should have made myself clearer...

Dont want Robbo anywhere near Hearts.

Pants Shaton

Jefferies would be preferable only to some Kaunas conveyor belt puppet.

Robbo - no thanks.

Gary "He's a great Jambo" Locke - stick with what he's good at by joining us in the stands.

Whilst I can understand what you mean mate, that last sentence is the saddest thing I've ever read.

Gigolo-Aunt
Whilst I can understand what you mean mate, that last sentence is the saddest thing I've ever read.

It does sound harsh, granted. Maybe could have worded it better.

I dont want Robbo back at Hearts on the footballing side of things. Would rather rememeber the good times with him as a player - and what a player he was.

Robbo's track record in recent times is pretty poor to say the least.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Who do you suggest we should go for ?

Robbo was never given a fair crack as manager , he is older and wiser now .

Ok it does not justify Robbo getting the managers job but how good were Miko and Chesney when Robbo was there or have i just imagined it all.

Gigolo-Aunt
Who do you suggest we should go for ?

Robbo was never given a fair crack as manager , he is older and wiser now .

Ahh older and wiser.

can you tell me how this age and wisdom has served him in his recent disaster spells as manager?

I think due to Robbos status as a player and the love we have for him leads to some getting a bit starey (sp) eyed when it comes to the wee man.

Best left alone IMO.

I remember speaking to a lad who played for Livingston once. He said Robbo was a top bloke and really good coach but pretty useless as a manager. I'd be more than happy to have him here as a coach but I agree that he shouldn't be manager.

Jeffries and Robbo though? I'd be happy with that. In fact at this moment in time when there's talk of Malofeev coming back, I'd rip your arms off for JJ & JR.

I would not be keen on Robbo becoming manager anytime soon.

I probably wouldn't be too keen on JJ either, although his recent signings for Killie look promising.

Ok it does not justify Robbo getting the managers job but how good were Miko and Chesney when Robbo was there or have i just imagined it all.

Miko was excellent when Robbo was in charge, it was easily the best spell of his Hearts career. Chesney had a few good games here and there.

If you look at who Robbo brought in, he didn't do badly. Lee Miller was a very good signing on loan, Burchill was decent and he brought Wallace into the team. He has been one of the few managers that has actually got something out of Wallace. He even got a few good games from Wyness as well.

He was in charge at a bad time as the squad that did so well under Levein was falling apart. If I remember right there were a lot of questionable refereeing decisions around this time and Romanov came in too.

He's not the answer at this time but Robbo definitely wasn't as bad a manager for us as some people make out.

Miko was excellent when Robbo was in charge, it was easily the best spell of his Hearts career. Chesney had a few good games here and there.

If you look at who Robbo brought in, he didn't do badly. Lee Miller was a very good signing on loan, Burchill was decent and he brought Wallace into the team. He has been one of the few managers that has actually got something out of Wallace. He even got a few good games from Wyness as well.

He was in charge at a bad time as the squad that did so well under Levein was falling apart. If I remember right there were a lot of questionable refereeing decisions around this time and Romanov came in too.

He's not the answer at this time but Robbo definitely wasn't as bad a manager for us as some people make out.

Not wishing to Robbo-bash but you could probably argue he just happened to be here when they were playing well :wacko:

Bearing in mind the club was fairly stable at the time, Pressley was 'in charge' of the dressing room and these boys had just arrived and were perhaps 'up for it'

I was a bit deflated when Lee Miller left but he has done precious little at DUFC and AFC since and it appears we got a purple patch out the guy, probably because he was simply glad to be home and was therefore buzzing !

Italian Lambretta

I'm sick fed up of all these posts about JJ and other coming to Tynie. Its not going to happen and the sooner people get used to the idea the better.

Vlad has No Intention of briging back JJ, BB, Robbo or anyone else back for that matter.

He is stuck so far up his own backside that it wouldn't surprise me to see Vlad in the dugout come August.

This whole Fecking story is really doing my head in. :mad:

I'm Fecking raging that after we dispose of one clown another pops up to systematically destroy the club I have supported for 30 years.

Agree with you there GA.

Miller Jambo 60
It sounds more appealing than a Frail/Malofeev combo.......but only just.

Please luv that 2 gorgie boys no east coast ******s:107years:

Not too much was made when both left the club.Both had to go at the time,so see no need for any to come back.Still would take them instead of Frail.:confused:

Robbo was so far out of his depth as manager it was embarrasing. Every defeat was the refs' fault, criticising Hearts players in the press, kicking opposition managers, barely being intelligible at press conferences etc.

And since he left his career has went from strength to strength right enough.

Although I idolise & love wee Robbo, he is a pi$$ head & eats loads of pies.

He's not a good coach or manager.

I must admit that I had not considered Jefferies for the job, nor have I seen it mentioned on here.

Graham Thomson
Well we have searched the footballing world over the last 6 months looking

for the candidate that will be capable of challenging for a uefa spot and

beyond . We have now been knocked back by McGhee and Weiss when all

along the common sense appointments would be Jeffries and Robertson .

Imagine the lift these 2 would give the dressing room , the vast majority of

supporters and an honest love for the club being transfered onto the pitch .

These two need no introduction / settling in period to Scottish football

they know the opposition inside out , the youth players comming through

the ranks nationwide , they know what is required to get us challenging .

Robertson has worked for Romanov before and never complained then about

the influence of Vlad , Robbo can handle it and i am sure Jeffries would

if the price was right .

or

we could bring in a foreign coach who does not speak English has no idea

of how the Scottish game works and has no idea what it is like to work

along side Romanov .

BEST POST EVER........

Buffalo Bill

I'd take JJ back in a heart beat. Partly because he'd steady the ship, and partly because it would mean avoiding another pyramid puppet.

Buffalo Bill

Archived