Unsolicited text messages

Boof

I occasionally get texts from "Person whose name could conceivably be in my contacts" with nothing more than 'Hi David, here's the info I was telling you about' then some link to somewhere.

I've never actually checked where the link goes to and there's never any reply number that I can block but all I'm wondering is...is there some way I can globally block this shite from reaching my phone?

Edit: Vodafone website advises 

• Forward the spam text message to 7726, our free reporting service which helps us to monitor and reduce spam.

I'll be giving that a go if I remember the number...

AlphonseCapone

Actually got a spam text today offering me the chance to earn 2000 working at home for only 30 minutes. Only had to click a link. 

Was able to blacklist it on my phone though. 

8 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Actually got a spam text today offering me the chance to earn 2000 working at home for only 30 minutes. Only had to click a link. 

Was able to blacklist it on my phone though. 

When do you start?

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, gjcc said:

When do you start?

Just finished my first shift, worked a whole hour for some over time

:wonga:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
20 hours ago, Boof said:

I occasionally get texts from "Person whose name could conceivably be in my contacts" with nothing more than 'Hi David, here's the info I was telling you about' then some link to somewhere.

I've never actually checked where the link goes to and there's never any reply number that I can block but all I'm wondering is...is there some way I can globally block this shite from reaching my phone?

Edit: Vodafone website advises 

• Forward the spam text message to 7726, our free reporting service which helps us to monitor and reduce spam.

I'll be giving that a go if I remember the number...

I use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smsBlocker&hl=en_GB you can block by number or by word (ie PPI).

Archived